Photos Hey chucklefish... Now i can spend more time w/ you

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheCreeperCyborg, Jun 26, 2016.

1. TheCreeperCyborg

TheCreeperCyborg Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ok so i used to be a terraria fan (how i found out about this game) and recently i got some of there "merchandise" and was exteamely displeased... so i dared speak my mind and then take a screenshot b4 it gets taken down (warning watch at your own risk thiere is a lotta rage in this (and emoji of flipping someone off), so beware, or laugh either witch will do)...

[​IMG]

Im pretty sure im banned now so now i can spend more time here :rofl: (idk why i decided to share this... but hopefully it was able to interest someone)

2. Guest0241525

Guest0241525 Guest

3. TheCreeperCyborg

well, i felt the need to share with everyone that team logic is dead to me and i now have more time to spend here :DD
    ... also the site censores swearing with that exceptionally perverted face
    aslo thats a frowny face flipping the double bird
    ... also ive got a very attractive new avatar

4. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

i think you may have over reacted

Marxon and Litagano Motscoud like this.
  5. TheCreeperCyborg

s
    maybey possibly just a liiiitle bit.. but hey, look it up there merch is absolute garbage

6. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

Did you have to be rude about it though?

7. PhoenixRSPS

PhoenixRSPS Void-Bound Voyager

Okay first your grammar needs work second you way overreacted the toys are for children.

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

8. Rantiki

Rantiki Master Chief

Emotion is often volatile and reactive at base state, often your overall personality dictates how you control it, my son because of a disorder finds it excruciating often biting and scratching himself as a result. Interestingly social convention and what is considered appropriate seeks to measure how much emotion is used for any given situation. That is mutable as we are all different so can't really be measured. Myself I am usually quite temperate, people can be ranting in my face, spit-flecked on the corners of their mouths in zealotry and I can calmly ignore them and turn my back, it's a knack (grins). My friend however when he gets behind the wheel of a car thinks he is the grand high poohbar of all roads and his emotion management goes right out the window. Maybe consumer products are just his trigger.

Also I used to have a thing for grammar too, they are rules and because of how I am built I felt they were important, an English Language class actually disabused me of this notion. Correct speaking and writing is required as a gold standard for professional circumstances, however in social and community led places they mark you as different, not a part of the tribe, wrong. Linguistically it's the regional colloquialism, elison, and ellipses that make communication in a word, more human. Absolutely perfect pronunciation, with no natural gaps and pauses as you gather your thoughts and converse sounds very robotic, and off. This also goes for multi-modal talk and there are many studies on how "slang" comes across and the birth and use of "anacronyms". I find this really interesting as academically such correctness is pushed as professionally it is linked with higher intelligence and thus linked with the ability to succeed in a chosen profession, conversely though it can make your universal social acceptance more difficult. In the U.K advertisement executives now employ voice actors with strong regional accents as market research shows people are more likely to purchase from a company with such a representative as they are more "trustworthy", while those with "supposed" correct pronunciation and flawless speech pattern aren't. Sorry I babble, just something I find profoundly interesting and in this time of vast multi-modal connection it's all the more relevant :)

PhoenixRSPS likes this.
  9. PhoenixRSPS

This I love this I finally learned something off a forums application thank you haha in truth though I'm okay at spelling words I can never for the life of me figure out punctuation

Rantiki likes this.
  10. Rantiki

Rantiki Master Chief

(grins) really don't sweat it at all, there are many online checks for punctuation that will help you with professional applications, and C.V's, academically is the only time you will be tested on your knowledge in all other spheres of life it just doesn't matter that much. Education though has a really bad habit of brainwashing us into believing that what we are "taught" is vitally important to all aspects of life, when in actual fact it's all formulaic, standardised testing to ascertain your worthiness for professional employment, a way to sort the wheat from the chaff.

At present, while writing for a degree I found I don't write sentences correctly as I miss certain verbs, that was news to me and was something they negated to teach me at high-school, yet, I find my marks don't drop dramatically because of this. I take comfort from the fact that this is the only time I will need to write so "pompously"

Illustrating my point my posts often come across "robotic" and to coin a phrase "like I have a stick up my arse" because I myself am Autistic and communication wise we find it hard to connect on a natural human level, we do often sound like walking textbooks, almost like we grasp our lapels and impart knowledge, whether you like it or not. (grins). While talking I have to make an effort, to sound human, take appropriate gaps, not talk too fast, or loud as one of my disorders is I can't differentiate sound level, otherwise I can see horrified looks...I struggle to be human. Education wise though everything is correct and in order, I try and incorporate slang when I can...it makes me more palatable. This, in all honesty, is probably the reason I find linguistics so fascinating.

Because this forum deals with a creative game, you may find this video interesting...

It concerns how such formulaic teaching is killing creativity, and how innovation and creativity in the future will be vitally important, one of the reasons I advocate such games as these as they allow creativity, but also promote adaptive thinking and problem solving. "droll look" It has not escaped my notice that ironically the ad is for a grammar application :)

PhoenixRSPS likes this.
  11. PhoenixRSPS

Haha wow your like a treasure trove of knowledge please be my friend <3 thanks for the ad I'll look into it soon more accurately when I'm on WiFi not data sorry for taking an hour to reply I had myself a nice nap :)

Rantiki likes this.
  12. Rantiki

Rantiki Master Chief

I can always use more friends, who amongst us can't (grins), My Mum once said to me "it doesn't matter what you do, achieve, or have in your bank when you die, if you can count five friends on the day you die you were truly rich!".
    Hell don't apologise for having a nap, I must admit I have a long standing love affair with my own bed, I can see him the minx, rolling his duvet up and down licentiously, "crooning!! come on Sarah, I am so soft, and warm, and comfy...we could have so much fun!"

Sadly I should really be doing jobs....*looks wistfully at her own bed!"

PhoenixRSPS likes this.
  13. PhoenixRSPS

:rofl: that made my day for me at the time it was more of a black hole suckling me in whispering softly "go to sleep" after being awake for nearly 30 hours I couldn't resist the pull of the abyss of "dreamland" I agree about jobs though I have social anxiety hard for me to be around people but I do record for YouTube and it's somewhat helping though without WiFi for the past month or so I can't record :(

Rantiki likes this.
  14. Rantiki

Rantiki Master Chief

I am so very sorry to hear that you can't record, especially when it is obviously helping with your social anxiety, as well as connecting with others, always a huge bonus. Here have a (hug), it won't help your wifi connection sadly, and I have to honestly admit I am more a "faith healing" type of fixer, I run my hands over it and have the cheek to think it will work....amazingly sometimes it does. However hugs always make you feel better, that and cookies, but I can't push them through the screen...I have tried.

PhoenixRSPS likes this.
  15. PhoenixRSPS

:rofl: the cookies part made me spit out my juice awh thanks for the virtual hug internet-games are the main places I don't have to worry about my anxiety thanks for your concern I do have faith but once I thought "my anxiety is a small issue compared to others I'd rather they need it more" I still believe and have faith just for others now :)

Rantiki likes this.
  16. Rantiki

Rantiki Master Chief

I have a bottomless pit of concern for others, especially those with such humility!!, I am aware this is what makes me so good at my job. I spend many afternoons under a pile of four-year-olds crying uncle in superhero games as for some reason "Miss" always has to be the "Villian"!!

PhoenixRSPS likes this.
  17. PhoenixRSPS

Awh I honestly can't handle kids I get afraid I might do or say something wrong so I hide away on my room xD I respect how how you actually give helpful advice on the Internet :)

18. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

I must say, this thread took a really sharp turn from the original subject lmao

19. PhoenixRSPS

True enough haha

20. HueHuey

HueHuey Parsec Taste Tester

We thought that too, until our younger teachers did a WWE style wrestling performance for us
    I still remember it

There were no more villains, only cool people

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016