RELEASED NEW! White and brown turkeys to replace chickens

Discussion in 'Livestock' started by eemie, Apr 30, 2016.

1. eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Hi again!

So after doing a sheep mod, I went ahead and made a turkey mod. And of course I want to share this one as well, so here ya go. Again no ingame screenshots, but I promise you it's working, I tested it out just now.

This version is white, but I may do a brown version next week or so. I don't know yet, depends if there's actually people who would want something like that.
    Also I might edit the colour of the head a little in the future, but if I do then I'll upload it here as well.

(Old version)
    _______

I finally made the brown version. Also I made a looot of changes to the design because I wasn't happy with the original. These look way better imo. You can find them in the new zip folder.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Enjoy and let me know if there's any problems like stray pixels!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 7, 2016
      swpau, 8bitdogs, HiHaHi123 and 10 others like this.
    • Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

It looks pretty good, but a quick Google search out of the 30 or so turkeys I saw only was white with brown and black patches. The rest were brown with black tails.

• eemie

It wasn't really meant to be super realistic, but I based it off this picture (hoping you can open the link)

• Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

Yea I could open it and it matches. When I see an animal I'm not super familiar with I Google it.

eemie likes this.
          • eemie

Haha that's okay. I just assumed white turkeys were a bit more known than they might be :)
            But I'm planning on doing a brown version with spots and stuff, probably next week.

Superior_s likes this.
            • Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

I didn't even know white turkeys were a thing, since I've been on here I have googled animals more then I ever have. Lol

eemie likes this.
              • Crimsonwingedbird

Crimsonwingedbird Aquatic Astronaut

Ah finally i can have all my pets ingame!
                I love turkeys and have quite a few in real life and i am definitely downloading this! I hope you'll make one of the bronzeback/brown turkeys so i can have the rest of my babies.
                Thank you for making this awesome replacement!

eemie likes this.
                • eemie

Thank you! Right now I'm making small adjustments to the turkey's design because I wasn't quite happy with it in the end. And at the same time I'm also trying to figure out a way to make them a brown colour. Right now I have something like this. The second and third ones are based off these, but I'm not sure about the third because it's such a detailed colourway. So I dunno if I'm ever going to make the bronzeback turkey, because that one also has a lot of details. I could always try of course and if I succeed I'll let you know!

I'm working on a kiwi and a toucan as well, although I have no idea how these should move in-game. (disclaimer: these sprites are not mine, they are based off a spritesheet someone uploaded on Deviantart, I got permission to use them)

miryuo and Crimsonwingedbird like this.
                  • Crimsonwingedbird

Crimsonwingedbird Aquatic Astronaut

Bourbon Reds (The second one) would be great actually! I kinda have various kinds of turkies so yeah,
                    I'm just so happy to finally have turkies in my own game! ^^

Hmm i maybe for the kiwi you could have it move the same way the chickens do? As for the toucan i can't really think of anything sadly.

eemie likes this.
                    • eemie

I made your brown turkey :)

Superior_s likes this.
                      • zcsnightmare

zcsnightmare Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's rather simple with Imgur.

> set album or profile settings (on Imgur) to public (so we will see the pic when you post)

>click picture (you want to share) it should enlarge

> Right side should list different Link options
                        -Direct Link is best
                        -URL example http://i.imgur.com/hdhsjsjjdhd.png (any picture format will do, ie .jpg)
                        -Copy URL

Forum
                        >Click Picture icon (above text box, on toolbar, in between Smiley face and Film icon (emojis and video))

>Paste URL in small window that pops up.
                        >Click Insert

Your picture should show up in text box before posting.

You can also upload directly from your computer, there may be a limit, never tried more than one.

Just click Full Image under where you clicked Upload a File (once it's loaded) and it'll show in text box too.

I think that's right ^.^

eemie and Superior_s like this.
                        • eemie

Thank you very much

Superior_s likes this.
                          • miryuo

miryuo Zero Gravity Genie

cool, can't wait for the kiwi and toucan ^^

• eemie

Thanks for the interest :) the toucan is already finished and I haven't started on the kiwi because I wanted to make other birds first, like a cardinal.
                              I don't wanna release them yet though

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Fymatdsrio

Fymatdsrio Void-Bound Voyager

OMG the cardinal! I love cardinals and they will look great for my winter season. I have another request, please do some penguins? I'd LOVE to have penguins wandering around my farm in the winter.

• eemie

A penguin would be sooooooooo awesome and cute. I put it on my to do list (this may take months to finish). Btw i put the download link in this thread if you'd want to use the cardinal.

Welcome to the forum

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Oh crap. I need to stop finding mods for this game. I already had some chickens I liked, what a dilemma...
                                    I guess I can just keep my white chickens and replace the brown ones with turkeys.
                                    Then I'll have enough chickens and turkeys for Thanksgiving and Christmas! :D

• eemie

There's a tool on this forum somewhere that let's you use multiple mods for the animals!
                                      It's a bit of a hassle to learn how to use it but it works like a charm.

Here

Minakie likes this.
                                      • Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I so need to learn how to use that and install a bunch of different animals in my game. Yay, variety!

eemie likes this.
                                        • eemie

Just make a back up of your save file (make multiple ones of different days even) because I sometimes had it corrupt my file..