1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Modded GameUnity.TV - [Planet/Station protection] [Guilds] [Chat commands] [International] [Custom wrapper]

Discussion in 'Public Servers' started by Zwergengraf, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Zwergengraf

Zwergengraf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]
    GameUnity.TV-Starbound

[Custom Modpack] [Planet + station protection] [Chat commands] [International] [Public]

1. Download our Launcher: Click here
    2. Server address:
    sb.gameunity.tv
    > Website / Forums <

[​IMG]

Our Starbound server is online since 2013 and has grown to be one of the biggest international servers. We have players from all around the world, mostly from Europe and North America. Our aim is to bring you the vanilla Starbound gameplay, improved by unique server features and fueled by our great community. We are working hard to create new chat commands and server features and to improve performance.

Some of our unique server features:
    • NEW - Custom Modpack: Our Modpack adds new features, items and objects to make Starbound
    • Planet protection: You can protect your planets and space stations so only you and your friends are allowed to place / break blocks. Griefing? Nope.
    • Ship protection: Guests can't build / access chests on foreign ships
    • Custom chat commands: Use /who to get a list of online players, /spawn to warp back to the spawn planet, /home to warp to your protected planet, ...
    • Backups of all protected planets (daily)
    • Persistent universe: No wipes, no random resets - we are here to stay.
    • Active team and community, including Discord, Teamspeak 3 and a forum
    • User groups: Admins (red), Gamemasters (blue), VIPs (green), Premium (yellow)
    • More chat commands / features coming soon! - We love to work on own chat commands to offer more awesome features!
    If you are looking for a friendly universe where you are able to build without worrying about griefers, look no further. Your character will spawn at our main hub ("spawn planet") and you will receive armor, weapons and some fuel so you can warp to another planet.

>> Rules / Information / How to join: English version <<
    >> Discord <<

FAQ
    How do I join?
    - Read the rules and information, then connect to sb.gameunity.tv !

Where is everyone? - Most of the players are building on their protected planets, but most of the time there is someone around on the spawn planet or at the Outpost. Just ask, most of the time someone is willing to team up.

Someone insulted me or was clearly breaking the rules! - Please talk to a Gamemaster / Admin, we will sort this out as soon as possible.

How do I protect a planet / station? - Read the rules and information, there are also some examples.

How does the protection work? - After protecting a planet or station, only the owner can break / place blocks. The owner of a location can give and revoke building permissions to other players.

How do I know if a location is protected? - Just beam down, a chat message will tell you if the location is protected.

I need help! - You can talk to a Gamemaster (blue name in chat), Admin (red name in chat) or use our forum - there is also an international section for our non-German players. You can also join or Discord server for an instant reply.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  2. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Lucien Treso and Zwergengraf like this.
  3. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

Oh nice a german server, I need to see how it performs. There seem to be not a single Sb server not lagging a lot when mutliple persons are on it.

4. Zwergengraf

Over the past few weeks the lag was very noticeable - we fixed this issue today, the server is now running a lot smoother - give it a try :) We are constantly working on the performance.
    We will soon create a fresh universe, so make sure to /protect your planets! All protected planets will be saved.

Indeed - we are very proud to have amazing builders on our server :)

Edit:
    As we already announced and discussed before, we decided to reset the universe.

All protected planets are safe but must be 'inserted' into the new universe. This involves two steps: The owner of a planet must find a new planet and 'mark' it using a chat command. The protected planet will be inserted at the position of the marked planet during planned maintenance.

In the next days and weeks we will regularly migrate protected planets during server maintenance.

Unfortunately, saved teleport locations will be lost.

How to migrate a planet:
    1. Warp to an unprotected planet and beam down. Your planet will be inserted at this location.
    2. Mark the planet (insert the name of your protected planet): /moveplanet NAME
    3. Check the chat to see if the planet was marked successfully. Leave the planet if everything worked!
    4. Wait. Marked planets will be migrated during server maintenance.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
    Beatrice likes this.
  5. Zwergengraf

We are currently working on a completely new, custom wrapper / proxy for our server! :) It will not only improve performance, but also offer some cool new features: Since around 60% of our players don't speak German, all server messages will be translated. We will start off with English and German translations and will possibly add more translations later. We are also working on a guild system that allows you to create your own guild, complete with a custom chat tag and private channels. We also want to reimplement the 'ship protection' so only whitelisted players are allowed to break / place blocks on your ship. As always: If you have any idea for new chat commands or features, feel free to let us know.

Beatrice likes this.
  6. novakid673

novakid673 Void-Bound Voyager

alright I have an extremely huge problem I had worked for months to get my ship to class 3 and right at the moment I upgraded my ship somebody named forever apex came in and took everything on my ship he was invisible for some reason...but I saw his nametag.

7. Zwergengraf

You can restore a backup of your ship (it's stored on your computer). Exit Starbound, open your Starbound folder -> "giraffe_storage". Backup the folder "player" (VERY important), then open it. If you have more than one character, you have to find out the ID of your character first - the easy way is to start a Singleplayer game with the character, then exit Starbound again. Order the files in your "player" folder by date / time to find the character's files.
    There are several files named "xxxxx.shipworld.bak-" (bak1 - bak3), delete the file "xxxxx.shipworld" and rename one of the backups to "xxxxx.shipworld" (just remove the ".bakX" part).

Feel free to send me a message if you have any questions.

Ship protection will be implemented in the next few days, so only the owner of a ship can build / open chests. Always keep backups of your player folder :)
    "Forever Apex" has been banned.

Last edited: May 22, 2016
    novakid673 likes this.
  8. novakid673

I don't know how to do that...but thanks for helping me

9. novakid673

the really terrible part is that this was the only server i have found that i can play on

10. Zwergengraf

Okay, in this case I can try to restore the backup for you - you just have to upload the "player" folder somewhere (e.g. uploaded.to). If you don't know how, just write me a private message so we can work this out.

DO NOT use this character for now, only three backups are stored and everytime you log in, the oldest backup gets deleted.

----------

+++ BIG UPDATE: +++

As I already mentioned we have been working on a new wrapper / proxy for our server that has now been released! It does not only improve performance, but also offers some cool new features:
    • Localization - All non-German players will now receive server messages in English! Finally you know exactly what's going on.
    • Ship protection - No more griefing on ships!
    • Bugfixes - Including the "Can't open shiplocker" bug
    • No more chat lag
    Guild system is coming soon (TM).

Beatrice likes this.
  11. pipe mouth

pipe mouth Space Hobo

would like to join

12. Zwergengraf

Feel free to do :^) - There is no need to register / no password.

13. KingTomato

KingTomato Jackpot!

Hey, Theres a user with modded items. Name is Jrbat. Seems to have constant speed and healing too.

14. MuckDoidao

MuckDoidao Big Damn Hero

When i try to enter the server it just gets all black , could you help me , it is going on forever

15. Zwergengraf

This usually happens if
    or
    - the server address / port you entered are wrong.

The server is online, please check the address / port (sb.gameunity.tv - Port 21025). You can also wait until the connection fails and an error message is displayed, just post the message here.
    What's the name of the character you tried to connect with?
    --- Post updated ---
    We have launched a public testserver for the current Nightly build: test.gameunity.tv - Things might break, so we suggest you create a new character.
    Our wrapper has already been upgraded for v1.0, so all of our chat commands and features should be working - but please help us with testing :) We will upgrade our main server as soon as v1.0 is released.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  16. Buxx

Buxx Title Not Found

I would love to join your server (maybe after 1.0 is released). Do I need TS for communication or am I allowed to communicate via ingame-chat in case it's necessary?

17. Zwergengraf

TS is absolutely not necessary :^) The server is 'open for all', you can do whatever you like (as long as you follow the rules).

18. sagenth

sagenth Pangalactic Porcupine

Will a post be made here when the server is up and running with 1.0?

19. Zwergengraf

The server is up and running :) (Since ~ one hour after release)
    As announced, all chat commands and features are working, and we are currently working on some big new features.

Beatrice likes this.
  20. Hen

Hen Big Damn Hero

HI, I want to try to play on your server, but I got only an error message: Join failed! Error connecting to '62.157.140.133:21025' (NetworkException) cannot connect to 62.157.140.133:21025: E'

Beatrice likes this.