1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Automatic Doors 3.9

Makes all doors open and close automatically!

1. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I have no problem with you using my version... after all I started with your version. Forking doesn't make much sense when your mod is already established. People already know it and will get the update alert so I think that's the better path for everyone. Plus I also make all my mods open/free use. I'm big on that. I wouldn't use assets that would prevent me from leaving them all open permissions.

I'd recommend to use the one I posted later which covers vehicles too. Crashing into doors isn't fun after all!

Oh and that snipped of code I posted, I didn't select the comments up top. You might as well throw those back in before publishing the update. Since I was just helping the person get the mod working rather than actually publishing it, I wasn't too concerned over comments. But you are attributing help from Healthire so I don't want you to leave that out by accident. Common courtesy and all.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    lornlynx likes this.
  2. lornlynx

lornlynx Cosmic Narwhal

very well, I will do so

once the steam workshop is online, I could as well add you as a mod author, so you could make ongoing changes to the mod should you so wish

3. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Sure. I've never published a mod on Steam so I'm not sure how that works. I'm sure I can figure it out, but as of this moment I have no idea. So I didn't know you could add multiple authorized people. Cool.

4. lornlynx

lornlynx Cosmic Narwhal

no problem, once it is online I should be able to invite you, I might send you a pm over the forum here then

5. Merkk

Merkk Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, do you think you could upload it to the workshop?

6. wrentrillogy

wrentrillogy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Might sound stupid but this doesnt open wired doors right? Like if I had a locked wired door! Like say wired to a light.
    --- Post updated ---
    Are you planing on adding this to the workshop :)

7. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

...Look up two posts.

8. wrentrillogy

Link is broken :(

9. lornlynx

lornlynx Cosmic Narwhal

10. wrentrillogy

Np thanks very much :)

lornlynx likes this.
  11. lornlynx

lornlynx Cosmic Narwhal

Oh, and yes, as soon as the door is wired it looses the automatic functionality

12. lornlynx

lornlynx Cosmic Narwhal

13. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

any chance of making a 'touch' version of the door? (basically setting it to a distance of, like. 0.2 or something.)
    where in the lua file can i edit it to accomplish to that?

edit: also, will this work on trapdoors?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  14. lornlynx

lornlynx Cosmic Narwhal

lornlynx updated Automatic Doors with a new update entry:

trapdoor fix

Read the rest of this update entry...
    --- Post updated ---
    For the "touch version", the door opens already so early because otherwise your character would bump into it. The values were chosen experimentally so you can smoothly walk through the doors without stopping. Though should you want to change that you can do that in the line 61
    Code:
      storage.queryRadius = 5
    This value determines how far the door "scans" for players, so the smaller it is the later it will open.
    You will also have to change line 76
    Code:
      storage.doorPosition[2] = storage.doorPosition[2] + 2.5
    Use half the value of your new radius instead of the 2.5. No need to worry about doorPosition[1], this is only to offset the y axis.
    As long as you don't use a mod that uses horizontal doors or the "lunarbasedoor", that is all you need to change, otherwise you will find the rest in the same function.

Regarding the trapdoors, so far it is not implemented as all the trapdoors I know of are hidden which should stay that way or used in Missions which would break the Mission flow. If you still want functionality for them, your can delete the block at line 372
    Code:
      if objectName == "castlehiddentrapdoor" or objectName == "castlehiddendoor" or objectName == "templehiddentrapdoor" or
      objectName == "pilch_horizdoor" or objectName == "dirttrapdoor" then
      theAnswer = true
       end

eksynn likes this.
  15. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

If by chance the door has a second input and that was wired, it will still be automatic + open with wire input. Essentially that's normal mode + wired opening. I don't know any vanilla doors that have this however. It's one of the things I did.

edit: had an idea

Now an extra node COULD be added to the vanilla doors by adding in patch files for those objects. It wouldn't be hard to do. That would increase the scope of the mod... perhaps unnecessarily. And possibly that could confuse people anyhow.

But it gives people an alternative way to use their doors. node 0 keeps the doors closed and you can't open the doors by interaction either. Node 1 just add another way to open them. One use is having multiple doors open when only one door gets activated. Support for this is already in the code, they just need another node to use.

What do you think?

Also while patching(if you decide to)
    Code:
    {
       "op": "add",
       "path": "/noAutomaticDoors",
       "value": true
      }

could be patched to the trapdoors as an alternative. But that's not strictly necessary as you've fixed the trapdoors already with a different method.

Note to any mod authors that don't wish some of their doors to be automatic when this mod is used, add
    Code:
    "noAutomaticDoors" : true

to your object files. If you do this, it isn't necessary to have this mod updated to add more exceptions. That seems better for everybody.

Apparently screwing up the trapdoors is another thing I did :p

I hadn't noticed. Or rather I hadn't played with the trapdoors at all. My bad.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  16. wrentrillogy

I noticed the doors got removed from the workshop?

17. lornlynx

lornlynx Cosmic Narwhal

18. lornlynx

lornlynx Cosmic Narwhal

lornlynx updated Automatic Doors with a new update entry:

The 'I know I will regret saying this, but: "Everything should be fixed now" fix'

Read the rest of this update entry...
    --- Post updated ---
    You can add support for it as long as it is tested, but I'd rather see things like these as a standalone mod. I'd wish to keep the mode strictly focused on one feature (that being automatic doors).

19. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I realized shortly after posting that this would be better as a separate mod. It is probably too fringe a feature. Not everyone would like prefer this so it is better as a separate mod. Honestly not high on my list of priorities anyhow.

20. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

trapdoors DO work, i tested it earlier ^^ the only difference (and i absolutely love this difference) is that they only open from below, not from above
    wondering if it was unintentional on your part lol

lornlynx likes this.