1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Missing all my tech, vanilla Starbound

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by FrostySmags, Jul 25, 2016.

1. FrostySmags

FrostySmags Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, I just started getting back into Starbound with the end of early access. I was playing the game when I started looking around at the tech section, and like any admin would do to test the game, I decided to use /enabletech and /maketechavailable. Unfortunately losing every tech all together. I know not how to fix it and was wondering if any of you guys from the forums could help me out.

(I looked at another post for the same issue but it was on "the nightly build" of which I do not use, nor know anything about, I also do not use mods, though very willing to get involved in them)

2. Crise

Crise Subatomic Cosmonaut

The tech is now totally different, you have to do 3 quests to unlock basic techs (one per slot), after that you spend tech cards at the console on the outpost to unlock more techs.

Note: Yes, you can only equip three techs at a time and yes the limited pool of techs visible on that console is all there is, bunch of the old tech was removed and no techs can be acquired as loot... just the tech cards which are basically a currency for tech upgrades from that one console.

3. FrostySmags

yes I have already done all of the missions for acquiring the techs, after which I started to use the commands, that's when all the tech was gone. Sorry for not stating so earlier

4. Crise

Crise Subatomic Cosmonaut

Sad to say you may be screwed on that character... I don't think those commands work anymore with the new system of acquiring tech, you should have just used /spawnitem and gotten yourself enough tech cards. That character I don't know if you can salvage unless there is a way to wipe the fact that you already did the unlock quests with him out of the saves, but I don't know of one.

5. FrostySmags

:/ dang, would've been nice to know. Thanks though, and especially responding so soon!