1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I get off the first planet?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Locklave, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Locklave

Locklave Phantasmal Quasar

Title. 1.0 doesn't give any information on how to fix the ship or do a damn thing.

And don't tell me to look it up, all I find is 2 years of out of date info I already knew. 1.0 something I've been looking forward to for years is pissing me off in ways I never imagined.

I hope it's not needing to beat Dreadwing because I sure as hell can't pull that off with the crap I found/made on the first planet.

2. TheDerpySupport

TheDerpySupport Subatomic Cosmonaut

To get off the first planet: Get to the Ark portion of the missions in which you receive a quest to go talk to the Penguin guy at the outpost and he'll give you the Erchius Mining Facility mission. After you beat that and talk to him again he'll repair your ship. BAM you can leave

3. evilnancyreagan

evilnancyreagan Pangalactic Porcupine

Look for this guy:
    [​IMG]
    That's penguin Pete, he'll set you on your way to fixing your ship.

You'll still need to refuel your ship to jump to another star system, however....

Juju bubu likes this.
  4. stealthXG

stealthXG Pangalactic Porcupine

You just have to follow the quest....

5. Locklave

Locklave Phantasmal Quasar

FFS, the quest only says go to the planet and find a way to fix the ship. Not exactly clear about wtf I'm looking for or need.

Is this 1.0 or beta? Because the quests were clear on goals in Beta, 1.0 is a shit show. I wanna get to exploring and building but instead I'd delayed by half assed quests.

Seriously get bent.

--- Post updated ---

Thank you.

edit:

I'm at him, he just sells a chip. the chip is for hover stuff...

Lindazana likes this.
  6. TheDerpySupport

TheDerpySupport Subatomic Cosmonaut

Completely ignored my post...but the quests in 1.0 are actually better than beta.

7. stealthXG

stealthXG Pangalactic Porcupine

Like I said, you have to follow the quest. The main quest, is that so hard?

8. TheUnartist

TheUnartist Pangalactic Porcupine

If you explore the first planet, the quest should update to find 'the source', then you just gotta follow the compass.

Edit: Nevermind, from your previous post you've already made it the the outpost. What does your main quest tell you to do?

9. Lintton

Lintton Guest

You need to listen to SAIL. its not that much different from how you did it before, just that the gate is located on the planet, not in a place of its own in the solar system.

10. Ludovic

Ludovic Giant Laser Beams

The new starter main quest:
    Get out of the intro.
    Arrive at starter planet. Land.
    Get notifications about strange energy source from the gate.

Fix gate.
    Get to outpost.
    Listen to notification about meeting unknown as of yet npc at the far end of the outpost close to the monolith gate that is now part of the outpost(this seem to be the part you have missed when everyone tells you to follow the quest. Pay attention to quest dialogue in the lower left of your screen. It's not just useless stuff and you can even scroll up in your chat log to find parts you might have missed)

Talk to said npc, Esther, telling you to get your ship fixed by talking to penguin Pete the vehicle merchant.

This unlock the Erchius mines mission. Complete that and voila. You're ship is fixed and you can start gathering ftl fuel right away either by buying it with pixels or making a breathing epp from your anvil and mining it from moons.

11. Fishychips90

Fishychips90 Space Hobo

Hey, Im new to the game completely, I havent seen any lets plays or anything like that, and Im stuck on the first planet too. I go through the tutorial and I have to teleport down to this planet. I wander around a little, looking for something useful to fix the ship, I end up coming across a little campsite where this npc tell me that I have to go down this hole to find the power source ( or something like that) But when I go down, I get swarmed by enemies and end up getting stuck in a corner and dieing, over and over. Am I doing something wrong?

12. Dander.1981

Dander.1981 Subatomic Cosmonaut

At that point you are looking for 20x Core Fragments. I have to agree that the game is a bit vague but if I recall correctly, SAIL do mention that you can mine it at the deepest layer of the planet. That mine you found is the alternative for players who rather kill monsters and loot boxes than spelunk/dig deep to mine. Loot the mine's boxes for core fragments. About dying all over and over again. SAIL did warn you as you approach the mine, that it is about to get tough. But nothing some better iron equipment can't remedy.

13. AlicEE123

AlicEE123 Space Hobo

You just have to Right Click on the star map for travel

14. FatherSalt

FatherSalt Space Hobo

OMG the game does not tell you to right-click to travel... all the other travel has been select and teleport clicks. This game needs to give some simple instructions.