1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

You need to complete story missions to use some shops...Why...

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Naiko, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Naiko

Naiko Void-Bound Voyager

This decition is making me play a game that i like for the sandbox and creative experience as a linear game with missions that for...some reason, i need to do to unlock shops at the outpost...whyyy?

// // // //

I dont get it, even the trailer encourages you saying that you can play the game as you want, cmon, we know that you guys put a lot of effort in the story but some of us really dont care that much...:kitten:

Omegagreen and Pingeh like this.
  2. Omegagreen

Omegagreen Starship Captain

I agree with you wholeheartedly on that one.

3. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

want the trader, well do the boss. :p

thats still within the definition.

But you are right, they also said at some time that we are supposed to advance without needing to focus on one thing. Now how do we upgrade ships and the MM without exploring? impossible since tech stuff and upgrades only come by finding in chests.

Zinerith and Naiko like this.
  4. Maxkool007

Maxkool007 Space Hobo

Not true about the mm upgrades. I find an average of 4-5 in random containers in villages. The mm is no issue to upgrade I have more of those than I know what to do with.
    The upgrade parts for the ship are rare tho...

Quick question tho, when does the furniture shop open? I'm onto the apex part of the story quest and it and a few
    Are
    Still closed... Any idea
    If my game
    Is
    Bugged?

5. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

have you done the quest with the pengiun ufo?

my shop opened earlier.

6. Maxkool007

Maxkool007 Space Hobo

Yah did the dreading, don't have any question marks at all in the outpost.
    This shit is stupid.
    There is no info or hints saying what will happen when an u are left to guess.
    If I'm bugged now, and have to start over ill just quit. I've basicly restarted allready once because of loosing everything I had
    Collected.

Sofar I've had my whole base planet just reset and vanish, no shops are opening beyond the mining one, the black market, tech guy and infinity express....

My opinion of 1.0 is sliding down the more I play...
    And me and my daughter have like 509 hours into it we love this game but I'm getting tired of it fighting me..

Has anyone else had the bug were their crewmembers just hang
    Around the teleported clustered up? I can get them to follow me but as soon as I release them they run back to the teleporter.... Kinda stupid.

7. Blackwood

Blackwood Phantasmal Quasar

Tech stuff and upgrades also come from quests. Well the tech and manipulator. Not sure about upgrade module for ship size. Anyways, if you are going the colony route just build a massive colony and do the quests on the starter planet. Some exploring, not much. Also, it is a good way to get seeds if you get a farming request.

Furniture should have already opened. I had it open after Erchius or thereabouts. It was before Dreadwing & Floran, so...?

8. Maxkool007

Maxkool007 Space Hobo

Great. So I'll try running the mining mission again....

Seriously if this screwed me out of my playtime again I'm done with this shit.
    1.0 and major progression bugs are not cool...

9. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

but the NPC selling the fake licenses isn't there from the beginning so you have to do missions first for him to appear.

Zinerith likes this.
  10. evilnancyreagan

evilnancyreagan Pangalactic Porcupine

Because this was happening every 46 seconds:

An excerpt from a random conversation over Steam. The names have been changed to preserve anonymity

DrRockso99: "What is this?"

xXNovaShineXx: "This is Starbound, a sandbox themed around interstellar space exploration!"

DrRockso99: "A sandbox???"

xXNovaShineXx: "No, not that thing Mr. Mittens does his business in, it's an analogy. Just like you would play in a sandbox with pails, shovels, tiny, pointless plastic rakes and your imagination, Starbound is an open space and the tools to manipulate it with!"

DrRockso99: "So, what do you do in it?"

xXNovaShineXx: "Anything you like, you're only limited to what you think up--you're free from the constraints of any arbitrary, pre-determined progression!"

DrRockso99: "Can I do quests?"

xXNovaShineXx: :facepalm:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
    Omegagreen likes this.