NovaKid Story Mission (idea)

Discussion in 'Side Quests' started by darkqueen, Jul 21, 2016.

1. darkqueen

darkqueen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So basicly the Idea is Simple, Esther tells the PC that a (insert import thing here) is on a locomotive and that we need to retrieve it. Once on board, you find out from Eridanus, a young Novakid who claims to be a bounty hunter(even though she's never claimed one bounty), That Big Red and his gang have taken the train over and if they can lend her a hand, shell even split the reward. The PC will then move down the train to the very back encountering bandits, turrets, and a few cultists. Once they get to the car before the caboose, a large red Novakid is speaking to Asra Nox over pay for the (insert import thing here). they argue for a little before Nox notices and tells Big Red that if he can kill you she'll pay triple.

The boss fight for BR is rather simplistic in its idea, BR will be able to the simple things like shoot at the PC and stab them with his dagger, besides that he can call for some backup, throw molotovs, and use a mini gun when near death, however it jams up on him making him open to attacks.

After his defeat Eridanus will tell you that she wants to stick around with you for a little while, action and adventure seams to follow you. She will then appear later at the ark handing out Bounty missions for cash, weapons, and funny/cool vanity stuff.

So how was that? does it seam like a plausible idea? if so let me know, and if not let me know how it can be improved.
    (and just a random Novakid i made to look like Eridanus) 20160720194739_1.jpg

2. pop-yotheweird

pop-yotheweird Ketchup Robot

I'll be honest, I only read "Esther tells you that blank is on a locomotive and there's a Novakid bounty hunter who's never claimed a bounty hunting the guy who's taking control of said locomotive" and I was sold.

3. darkqueen

yay

4. JaffaCraze

JaffaCraze Aquatic Astronaut

Yes, looks great! :confirm::confirm::confirm:

5. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Yes yes yes yes

YES!!

6. DarrkkFreya

DarrkkFreya Void-Bound Voyager

This looks pretty cool! :nurunaughty: I have my own ideas in regards to Novakid mission/storylines, but I'd totally play that!

7. darkqueen

oh? id love to hear it :)

8. Bleetyz

Bleetyz Aquatic Astronaut

I'd like to suggest for the suggestion. What if the fight is on top of the train? And the theme that would be played is the unused Desert Battle 2? Indeed, that idea of it being on a train is really fitting and awesome.

9. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Welp, I found the beginning of this song a bit too calm for a fight occuring on a train's roof, tibia honest

10. Quillon

Quillon Subatomic Cosmonaut

And the train is just circling around the same planet. forever.

11. JoshieWoshy

JoshieWoshy Void-Bound Voyager

I was jotting down ideas for a possible Novakid campain mission when I stumbled across this and my ideas were very similar. I definatly agree that the premiss of the mission should be retrieving the artifact back from bandits trying to sell it to the cultists as it really fits the wester theme. However I love the idea of a naive hunter and the idea that she could give you bountys to complete once she joins the outpost! I also like the idea that the quest takes place on a moving train as this could provide unique level expieriences such as carrages detaching and rolling away or having to duck on the roof as you go through a tunnel! Either way I would love to see this fleshed out more and I think it deserves a lot more attention!

Deep Space Amphithere likes this.
  12. sagenth

sagenth Pangalactic Porcupine

I'll be honest, I was kind of hoping for a mission that causes the player to inadvertently become the town sheriff, but this is cool too.

13. Jim Witness

Jim Witness Subatomic Cosmonaut

A great idea. I hope the developers put the idea in.

Coming from the new guy on the site,
    Jim.