how to kill Farm animals?

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Sethyra, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Sethyra

Sethyra Big Damn Hero

since the 1.0 release my starbound does not work thaaat well.. but i love it soo much

(sometime it just crashes for no reason.. if i reach specific places on specific planets..
    or it just teleports me back to my ship if i try to get near those chrash spots..)

now a new bug came up and i have no idea how to solve it :'D (its not thaat bad but well.. i dont like it..)
    and got myself 4 mooshi and while they hatched i continued building my house..
    then the moment i came back there where 8 mooshi :'D..

[​IMG]
    weeell, for me 8 mooshi are to much but i have no idea how to get rid of them since i cant kill them :0

2. TwiceB

TwiceB Master Chief

What I did was kill mine with lava, kinda "isolated" or trapped my farm animals in a box of dirt and placed some lava inside, then broke the background/wall block to drain the lava, then broke the dirt blocks. The problem with it is that you have to spend more munnies to get eggs again.
    I did kinda the same with robot hens in my game, I got lazy and placed a lot of eggs everywhere, outside, in colony npc houses. So I had to do this lava trick.

3. evilnancyreagan

evilnancyreagan Pangalactic Porcupine

or simply introduce them to the native lifeforms.

Nice build, btw. I need to progress my game so I can get something besides rustic looking blocks :p

4. Sethyra

Sethyra Big Damn Hero

uhhhhhh nice idea.. stupid me xD didnt came to the idea to try it with lava :'D.. but great thanks <3 ill try that
    getting new eggs isnt really a problem since i have enough money to buy me an army of farm animals :'D
    (and i am modding by myself.. i easily could give me some eggs)

5. evilnancyreagan

You don't want an army of fluffalo, you really don't :(

6. Sethyra

Sethyra Big Damn Hero

=)) why 'because of their noises??

i like them.. they look cute xD some kinda bunny pig cows :'D
    (im not doing it i just wanted to say its no prob to buy new eggs :'D)
    --- Post updated ---
    ouuuuuu.. i didnt realized there where two answers owo i answerd you but i though i answerd the lava idea
    :'D sorry for that <w<

:0 how do i introduce them to the native lifeforms?.. how do you mean this?
    (sry maybe i got the sentence wrong xD english is not my native language)

and thanks.. i changed the barren planets to a bit nicer places so no stupid monster will kill my npcs or annoy me while im checking some chests
    weeelll... and now im building there a big base and a colony

7. evilnancyreagan

Because you'll wind up like me. my farm is so... productive that by the time I finish harvesting all the produce, it's time to start all over again :(

simply let the 'monsters' into your stables :(

8. Sethyra

Sethyra Big Damn Hero

ouuuuuu.. i didnt realized there where two answers owo i answerd you but i though i answerd the lava idea

:0 how do i introduce them to the native lifeforms?.. how do you mean this?
    (sry maybe i got the sentence wrong xD english is not my native language)

and thanks.. i changed the barren planets to a bit nicer places so no stupid monster will kill my npcs or annoy me while im checking some chests
    weeelll... and now im building there a big base and a colony
    ohhh okay weeell i dont have monsters on my planet because of my changement.. buut well the lava trick will work..
    xD but you dont have to harvest.. just if you need the stuff they produce.. for me they are more decorative than useful xD