1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED PipesPlus 1.22

Do cool stuff with pipes

1. Hiran

Hiran Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hiran submitted a new mod:

PipesPlus - Do cool stuff with pipes

Read more about this mod...

2. Soraph

Soraph Void-Bound Voyager

Hey I couldn't get any pipesystem running.
    Are the pipes supposed do be in the foreground? Do layers matter?

Tried to connect a line 3 of item Pipes with any chest (1st setup for- and 2nd try background) and the choke/interface but nothing was displayed or moved

3. HSneak

HSneak Void-Bound Voyager

Same as Soraph, perhaps a lil' more of description would be good

4. TheWireLord

TheWireLord Void-Bound Voyager

This extremely simple setup seems to work fine for me! I've just used all 'Item Pipes' to connect the 'Item Chute' (Above cursor) to the copper crate on the right. All pipes are in the background and the interface is placed onto the pipes. It shows that I have successfully transported 3 Diamonds into the crate. 20160803113212_1.jpg
    [NOTE] An 'Item Pipe' must be placed behind the 'Item Chute' so that items can be placed into the pipe system. An 'Item Pipe' must also be placed directly behind the crate in order for items to be placed into it. However, 'Item Pipes' can be connected with 'Basic Pipes' and still function properly.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  5. HSneak

HSneak Void-Bound Voyager

Well, if you can make containers content usable for crafting tables, that would be great !! and just to mention, there's already a mod that do nearly the same thing, in a "teleportation" way ( http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/item-broadcaster-hyper-storage.1745/ ) perhaps you can work with the author so you both get us something unique ^^ I've just wanted you to know :)

Anyway, that's a great mod you have there, and I especially like the Interface idea :D

6. Soraph

Soraph Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks, could replicate that setup :)

Couldn't manage to switch between layers though, migh have to test more

7. Hiran

Sorry, i didnt explained that much.
    All pipes have to be placed on background. I could do layer switching, but the math would get even more crazy.

I know that mod, but the base of this mod is "stacking", and it wont do anything with items it cant stack. My mod works differently. It does a lot of math to stack everything, and if it cant then it will push into first available space. If the author of Item Broadcaster will want to change that mechanic i might dump this mod and write interface thingy for his mod.

Anyway, if someone of you guys wishes to create simple videa to show mechanics for this mod then ill be happy, and ill link to it in main post.

HSneak likes this.
  8. TheWireLord

Working on a video now...

9. Hiran

I'm currently adding one direction pipes. You might want to wait for this, as this might help to solve some aspects of this lua error.

10. TheWireLord

Ok will do. I've been havig issues with my recording software anyway :/ going to look into fixing it..

11. Hiran

12. Hiran

Mod updated. I hope you dont mind me using your video on this forum and on steam?

13. TheWireLord

Yea! Not a problem at all. Glad to help a mod grow! :)

14. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Minecraft ME-System goes Starbound eh? :nurunaughty: I'll do some intensive testing later. >v<

~ Iris ~

15. TheWireLord

New Testing Setup here:
    Video on it's way!!!

20160804131511_1.jpg

dimion123 likes this.
  16. Hiran

You can also say that with current limitations Interface works with 8 storage lockers filled with random stuff. Any more and math gets too intensive and the game will throw exception, and interface wont load.

Also, future updates will include (if there will be enough support for this mod ofc :) ):
    Export bus
    Import bus
    irrigation pipes
    vacuum pipes (they will gather dropped stuff)
    garden pipes (combination of irrigation and vacuum, with an ability to harvest plants, they wont replant anything)

What do you guys think about them?

Edit:
    It looks Like 6 Ship lockers are safer choice. With 8 it sometimes work, sometimes dont.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  17. Iris Blanche

Sounds great thus far. Is it ok for you when i sniff around your scripts and try to eliminate this ui bug?

~ Iris ~

18. Hiran

I would be happy if you did that, just report me the progress and if you managed to solve that send me correct script please :)

If you have visual studio then install BabeLua, its an extension that allows it to work nicer with lua files. after that you will find sln file on the unpacked mod :)

19. Iris Blanche

I will stick around with notepad++ as always with lua x) but it's nice to know that there is an plugin for lua. Maybe i'll try it :)

~ Iris ~

20. Hiran

Hiran updated PipesPlus with a new update entry:

Workaround for LuaInstructionLimitReached, Added Irigation And Vacuum machines & pipes

Read the rest of this update entry...

Iris Blanche likes this.