1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali Drone Pet 1.2.2

A maintenance drone for an Avali starship

1. leinglo

leinglo Phantasmal Quasar

leinglo submitted a new mod:

Avali Drone Pet - A maintenance drone for an Avali starship

Read more about this mod...

2. whitejpg

whitejpg Subatomic Cosmonaut

I would suggest looking as mods such as purchasable pets for inspiration on how to make the drone dock
    Also could you make it available to other races? via the the Avali crafting tables?

3. leinglo

The problem with mods like Purchasable Pets and Pets Critters is that they get around the issue by changing how pet houses work entirely, making the house itself a spawner. I'm trying to make a second pet house work within the framework of the original pet house code, and that's...turning out to be rather hard.

What I might do is upload a version compatible with Purchasable Pets and be done with it, and yeah, the drone dock would be craftable via a nanolathe rather than purchasable.

4. whitejpg

Oooh I see (I apologise I'm not a modder myself)
    I hope it all works out, good luck :hylotl:

5. leinglo

leinglo updated Avali Drone Pet with a new update entry:

Read the rest of this update entry...

6. leinglo

Alright, as it turns out, you were right to suggest looking at Purchasable Pets! Unpacked the Purchasable Pets assets and, lo and behold, even though they do change how pet houses work, they do it with a modified petbehavior.lua, and I was able to use their edit as a way to get the drone dock working within the normal framework. You're awesome.:up:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  7. whitejpg

OOh! Well I'm happy to help :up:

8. Old_Crazy_Gamer

Old_Crazy_Gamer Pangalactic Porcupine

Looks really good, Keep up the great work. =)

9. SeregirDraike

SeregirDraike Void-Bound Voyager

How do you get the drone to show up?
    I thought you'd have to craft the dock but when I do it doesn't show up

10. leinglo

This isn't like Purchasable Pets (and probably isn't compatible with it as is), the dock is functionally just an ordinary pet house. The pet itself should already be there, same as a vanilla pet, when you start the game, and at the moment it's only for Avali as their racial pet.

Although later on I'm thinking of either adding compatibility with Purchasable Pets, or making optional drone replacers for each of the vanilla race's pets. Maybe both, I don't know.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  11. SeregirDraike

SeregirDraike Void-Bound Voyager

So the pet will only show if I start a new game?

12. leinglo

That depends. What other mods are you running? If you have purchasable pets, then no, unfortunately, as that mod cancels all ship pet generation beyond the purchasable house spawners.
    If not, the pet should already be there. If you already had the cat placeholder running around the drone should just straight up replace it without any trouble.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  13. RainDreamer

RainDreamer Existential Complex

Eagerly waiting for this on steam workshop so I can add it to my collection! =D

14. leinglo

I'm afraid the forum version will have to do for now, for all my mods, because I really don't want to mess with steam workshop at the moment. Not just because I'm borderline phobic of trying new thing (though I am), and not just because it looks like an obtuse pain to figure out (though it does), but because I've been hearing about some issues with the workshop cropping up lately, and I'd like to wait and see if things get sorted out before I make a final decision.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  15. RainDreamer

RainDreamer Existential Complex

Ah alright, I was just preferring the steam workshop for no fuss install, automate update and actually make a collection that I can easily share with my friends. Thanks for the mod still!

16. zonnoser

zonnoser Big Damn Hero

Don't suppose you could make a buyable version as some people in my group don't care for pets so we role the buyable pets mod.

17. leinglo

I'm actually working on that right now and it should be ready sometime later this evening. The update will split the mod into two versions, one purchasable pets compatible, and one vanilla, and as an extra both will make the pet house a platform for placing objects.

18. zonnoser

zonnoser Big Damn Hero

Sweet, thanks for the quick reply. Sorry it took me so long to notice :rofl:

19. leinglo

leinglo updated Avali Drone Pet with a new update entry:

Purchasable Pets Compatability

Read the rest of this update entry...

20. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

The pet spawns just fine for me from the various docks with the Purchasable Pets version by the way.

Also I see you added the top collision to the drone dock that I mentioned. :]