1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it possible to change character but keep old world?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by OrangeSyrek, Aug 4, 2016.

1. OrangeSyrek

OrangeSyrek Space Hobo

I have created apex character and already done some quests, but I don't like the upgraded apex ship. Is it possible to create new character and import my old world to this character or something like that? In the old universe, I have only 1 world that I have colony on and that I want to backup. Also sorry for my english, it's my second language :)

2. Xanirus

Xanirus Ketchup Robot

If you're talking all within 1.0, you don't need to backup your world. All the characters you make will be in the same universe.

3. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

go to the ships captain chair with your old character and note down all the important coordinates you need, the new character can fly there. Characters share the universe, but its so huge you probably never will find the worlds of another character randomly. Thats what the coordinates are for, to find each other in multiplyer or go to the planets of another character in singleplayer.

4. OrangeSyrek

OrangeSyrek Space Hobo

What about the buildings and stuff like that? Is it going to be still there? Also thanks for really fast reply :)

5. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

yes all the character has build will be there. they act and change in the same world, so you can also transfer items between them by placing them in containers and garbbing them with another character

6. OrangeSyrek

OrangeSyrek Space Hobo

Ok, thanks so much :3