1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. Toff1985

Toff1985 Poptop Tamer

Ah...Okay, thanks for the answers. Then I'll go look for the species mods.
    I've already played the mod a bit with a Glitch character and so far it's looking good. The starting planet already feels different than in other games I started.

2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

You need to learn to read descriptions more carefully. It says nowhere in the mod description that FR adds races. It says it adds racial *abilities* !

So yea, you will have the vanilla races only unless you download one of the supported other races (and a race extender to go with them or you wont be able to pick them during creation still. I recommend XBawks. )

but yea, make sure its a supported race, and not some random one. The supported ones are listed with abilities on the description.

3. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

100% this will conflict with sure-footed as it tries to do something I am already doing the opposite of with the various tiles.

4. Kunyomi

Kunyomi Void-Bound Voyager

How do I get the different kinds of plasteel walls' recipes? I have a recipe for one kind, but I got 2 others in storage I mined on some Eden World that I cannot craft.

The reason I ask is because I want to build a lab of my own and they all have different looks, one is a single block, the other 2 blend together into either a long vertical or horizontal block. Also the latter 2 have a blue outline in the inventory and the former does not. All have the exact same name though.

Are the other 2 only collectible and not craftable?

5. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

xbawks by Kawa is usually the one most people go for.

6. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

They are all craftable, you need to learn the recipe by making stuff. IIRC, doesn't the Matter Assembler unlock them? Or is that Advanced Plastic? I know the recipes take Advanced Plastic and Tungsten Bars.

7. Alkory

Alkory Void-Bound Voyager

Hello there, I've stumbled with what I think it's a bug, not sure if it's duo the FrackinUniverse. I was exploring a planet when I found an underwater japanese-house themed dungeon. The problem is that the water covered the dungeon in a bubble like shape, being extremely odd. Some prints: 20160804170149_1.jpg 20160804170156_1.jpg 20160804170200_1.jpg

8. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

thats a matter of a biome with liquid appearing in an area that shouldnt have it. i guess that dungeon is intended to be underwater, and of that i was unaware, as it is new to the game for 1.0.

ill see which it is.

what biome were you on so i know which to remove it from?

9. Alkory

Alkory Void-Bound Voyager

I have to look for the planet to find it again. I'll check later and I'll post a reply with an answer if I find it.

10. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

sayter updated FrackinUniverse with a new update entry:

numerous tweaks

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thundercraft likes this.
  11. Kunyomi

Kunyomi Void-Bound Voyager

I can put raw steak, cooked steak, and cooked poultry in the extraction lab (for 5/3/3 genetic material respectively) but not raw poultry, it just sits in there indefinitely.

I assume it's supposed to be extracted to 5 genetic material like the raw steak? It seems a waste to have to cook it and lose 2 material in the process.

12. Toff1985

Toff1985 Poptop Tamer

Thanks, I got that one. However when trying to apply the Avali, as soon as I try to start any game, it crashes. So for now I'm sticking to the vanilla races, FA, FU, the Firefly ship and the Big Box of Loot.
    Just got my Laser Mining Drill, and I love it. With this digging for ore has become so much faster.

13. qcb

qcb Space Hobo

How do I access the Frozen Waste? I looked through some wikis/videos and, apparently, you gain entrance to this place via quest, but I can't find the quest giver.

14. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

she lives in the Science Outpost , and you'll need to do a bunch of quests to get to hers

qcb likes this.
  15. qcb

qcb Space Hobo

Do you know where I may start this quest path?

16. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

The only place in FU where you can? The Science Outpost. And don't ask how to get there, since the entrance item is right in your generic crafting menu and has been since you first installed the mod.

17. qcb

qcb Space Hobo

Thank you, sayter. :nuruhappy:

18. WolfgangMA

WolfgangMA Intergalactic Tourist

Hi sayter,

I'm trying to craft a Yellowfoot Shroom at the Gene Design Lab, but the recipe isn't listed in game. (Even though I've touched the four recipe components several times)

I looked at the github repo; it seems you can only learn the recipe by holding the seed itself? This seems different than all the other seed recipes. Is this intended?

https://github.com/sayterdarkwynd/FrackinUniverse/search?p=1&q=yellowfootseed&utf8=✓
    https://github.com/sayterdarkwynd/F...s/designlab/professionbound/yellowfoot.recipe

I'm trying to craft this, so that I can craft Pinkloom Seeds, so that I can extract the Epinephrine gene.

Cheers.

19. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

definitely not intended. thanks.

20. tzljq

tzljq Big Damn Hero

Bees, how to? Can't see bees or I'm just too stupid to catch them or find them. I got the quest asking me to catch a queen and drone....but where? How?