RELEASED Phoenix Wright and Pearl Fey Character replacement (UPDATED FOR 1.1)

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Zalkyria, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Zalkyria

Zalkyria Existential Complex

UPDATED for 1.1 - I noticed Harvey got some new sprites so with DivineJustice's help since my computer was down, I was able to update his sprite. @Blooper8484 also helped us update Pearl's as well. Also since I had to update the files, I went ahead and include the name change for Pearl.
    Another addition to this mod is there is now a character development with Pearl Fey, which will have one that will be compatible with DivineJustice's character replacements mod and another where it will just have Phoenix and Pearl. I would like to thank @randomAnon123 for giving me permission to use his mod with Pearl!

So as the title suggests, this is a character replacement of Harvey. I wasn't too found of Harvey's design at first and decided to attempt to make a Phoenix Wright sprite. I was surprised with how well the sprite came out, and much to my surprise how well Phoenix Wright fits Harvey in general. So I've decided to share this wonderful treasure with everyone here, and yes I even did my best to swap out Harvey's name with Phoenix. There are some parts where Harvey will come up, but I don't really know what else I can edit.

My heart.png

An added bonus, my friend had made a wonderful Portrait replacement for Jas. She is now Pearl Fey, and she looks adorable~! @Blooper8484 was kind enough to make us a Pearl sprite replacement for Jas as well! Thank you so much, she is now included in the download. I don't know how to change the name for Jas though, but please enjoy this addition!

618-0-1476688969.png

Preview of Pearl's emotions with the Development mod
    Pearl Character development emotions.png

Please follow this link for the full mod and only replace my edited files so Pearl's name will show up during the events. Also if you so happen to be using DivinveJustice's mod as well, I have included the files that will be compatible with that mod, but again download @randomAnon123's mod - http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/jas-events-mod-or-character-development-for-jas.125502/

Also if you would like to check out @DivineJustice mod, Link will be below this. Also the portraits have now become Portraiture compatible, so if you are familiar with the mod Portraiture will be on DivineJustice's mod as well.
    http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/characters-replaced-coming-soon.121637/

Credits:

Hair was made by @Chrysanthe From their New and Improved Hairstyles
    http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/new-and-improved-hairstyles.112097/

Sprite I used to edit into Phoenix was by @Yppit, I didn't know how I could remove the glasses on Harvey so their mod helped me alot :rofl:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/harvey-sprite-glasses-removal.108244/

Portraits were made by my good friend, @DivineJustice

Jas Events/ Character Development mod mady be @randomAnon123
    http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/jas-events-mod-or-character-development-for-jas.125502/

A word from DivineJustice: I have noticed that reading from these forums that a few people don't like characters changing like this. Just a note, this is MERELY for fun. Being a big Phoenix fangirl, I just saw how Harvey fits Phoenix so well. And Pearl as well with Jas. It's fine if anyone wants to use these but again, this isn't to replace Harvey or Jas in any way. I also plan on changing up other characters in the future. Thank you!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 10, 2017
    • Blooper8484

Blooper8484 Starship Captain

This is awesome! But for some reason his overworld sprite doesn't work for me, instead it does this:
      A bug.png

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
      • Zalkyria

That's weird The only thing I can think of is maybe you accidentally put his portrait where the sprite is?

Update: I updated the file just in case, be sure to follow the folders when installing. I hope that fixes the problem. If not I don't know what else to do, sorry ^^;

• Blooper8484

Now it worked thanks! You're amazing!

Zalkyria likes this.
          • Zalkyria

Glad it's fixed!! And thanks, I'm happy that you like the mod :D I accidentally made the mistake of putting the portrait once where the sprite goes and that was what happened haha...

• tj724

tj724 Guest

I also plan on changing up other characters in the future. Thank you![/QUOTE] We love this mod! Excellent work! I hope you would consider adding 2 of my favorite PW characters: Mimi/Ini Miney and Mr.Payne as a possible replacement for Penny or Leah and Mayor Lewis.I would absolutely love that!!! :)

Zalkyria likes this.
              • Blooper8484

Hey, I made sprites for Pearl in the overworld replacing Jas!
                Jas.png

Zalkyria likes this.
                • Zalkyria

OH MY GOD THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! I love how she came out <3 Oh question if I could, may I include her as an xnb file part of the download? Will credit of course <3 Screenshot_1.png

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
                  • DivineJustice

DivineJustice Void-Bound Voyager

We love this mod! Excellent work! I hope you would consider adding 2 of my favorite PW characters: Mimi/Ini Miney and Mr.Payne as a possible replacement for Penny or Leah and Mayor Lewis.I would absolutely love that!!! :)[/QUOTE]
                    Ha :rofl: I might. But we'll see since I don't care for either of them. ^^; I was actually planning on making other characters like Danny Fenton or Hiro Hamada.

Zalkyria likes this.
                    • DivineJustice

Also a heads up, I plan on making other replacements like Maya Fey as Abigail, Danny Fenton as Sebastian, Hiro Hamada as Sam, Jamie Bennett as Vincent, ect. :D keep an eye out.

Zalkyria likes this.
                      • Zalkyria

Lol you forgot when its updated, that Shane will be Miles Edgeworth.

• DivineJustice

Pfft oops, yeah I forgot about that. :rofl: Miles as Shane lol

Zalkyria likes this.
                          • Blooper8484

Sorry for the late answer! I am really happy that you liked it and of course you can include it, it woulde be an honor:laugh:

Zalkyria likes this.
                            • Zalkyria

Awesome will be uploading it very soon then :D

• tj724

tj724 Guest

Ha :rofl: I might. But we'll see since I don't care for either of them. ^^; I was actually planning on making other characters like Danny Fenton or Hiro Hamada.[/QUOTE]
                                No problem! I would just like to add these to my game.I didn't realize the 2 characters were hated so much.Your work is very good though,I did add Phoenix because Harvey is one of my least favorite SV characters.

• Zalkyria

UPDATED FOR 1.1 WITH CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT MOD FOR PEARL!!! <3

• Zalkyria

randomAnon123 likes this.