1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED WIP: Explorer Pod Vehicle 1.3.2

A exploration porpuse vehicle so u can fly and dive alrough.

1. AArticuno3

AArticuno3 Big Damn Hero

Huh, That sucks... I love your mod though! And If you do figure it out, make the other hover-bikes and boats dyeable too!

2. luki3m

luki3m Phantasmal Quasar

I'll do the human hoverbike based on their ship, the hoverbikes to me is more like a common protectorate or outpost thing :rofl: .

3. AArticuno3

AArticuno3 Big Damn Hero

I would try looking at clothes and other dyeable objects to see how it works on them.. maybe?

(((DO NOVAKID NEXT)))

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  4. luki3m

luki3m Phantasmal Quasar

I think that its not possible to do, or someone would have already done, but i'll do some recolor to the basic Explorer Pod once i'm done with the racial explorer pods, or maybe before i dunno :)

AArticuno3 likes this.
  5. Erazil

Erazil Subatomic Cosmonaut

no need human ? the first explorer have human design no (with the little logo we can see on starbound human mech ;) ) ?
    for next race ... follow your brain wave, your work design is really great for my eyes :)

6. Sparksol

Sparksol Phantasmal Quasar

Novakid seems to be the popular one at the moment, so after that one's done, I'd like to suggest the Glitchpod.

AArticuno3 likes this.
  7. luki3m

luki3m Phantasmal Quasar

here is the first look at my novakid explorer pod
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
    jonathonspy and Sparksol like this.
  8. otisjasmodeus

otisjasmodeus Subatomic Cosmonaut

you are amazing, I love that pods look. chucklefish ought to incorporate this mod into the game once its finished. (after asking your permission of course)

9. warbrand2

warbrand2 Subatomic Cosmonaut

One of the few mods out there, where I go why wasn't this already in the game. great mod saves a lot of time exploring asteroid clusters.

10. luki3m

luki3m Phantasmal Quasar

Well i think u'll like the next update, its almost finish
    [​IMG]

11. otisjasmodeus

im curious if you plan on doing any custom race ones, like the avali?

12. luki3m

luki3m Phantasmal Quasar

Yes i'll do some custom race support.

jonathonspy likes this.
  13. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Damn , can't wait for Glitch version x)

(im noob about create but i can modify , so if you want another color theme of existing ship ask me).

14. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

As posted on Steam, you should do / add also other type of vehicles like :

- Tanks
    - Cars / Jeep
    - Helicopters
    - Blimps / Hot-air Balloons
    - Dirtbikes / Motorbikes
    - New kind of boats ( yacht for uber party hard ; exploration boats with the ship hold for diving suits / submarines )

I've done also this suggestion thread some time ago, about the Vehicle Factory, used to craft stuff with mats and some other suggested mechanics :

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/vehicles-factory-new-system.64613/

jonathonspy likes this.
  15. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

I've attempt a camo skin for "defaut" pod , i've see some players ask it on review so i've try , use this picture as you wish :

[​IMG]

I'm better about modify than create but it's already nice (imo) , but you may need to change some details maybe.

Also very good work on your ship sprite, i'm impatient about glitch one x)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
    Psygnosis likes this.
  16. luki3m

luki3m Phantasmal Quasar

luki3m updated WIP: Explorer Pod Vehicle with a new update entry:

Novakid Explorer Pod

Read the rest of this update entry...

Shadox2.0 likes this.
  17. luki3m

luki3m Phantasmal Quasar

thank you for the concept :) i'll try to adapt to the sprite, also maybe i'll start glitch explorer pod today.

18. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

No problem , would like help you for the glitch one but i don't have enough skill for that ^^ , anyways nice job.

19. otisjasmodeus

thinking about the floran design, maybe it could be a big hollowed out seed/venus flytrap? you could also take one of your other designs and "naturefy" it like how the floran ship is just cobbled together from the other races with plants all over it, also if animations arn't to hard, for how its hovering you could have a pair of leafy "wings" flapping at the side, or just stick to it having a engine from one of the other races explorer pods.

*EDIT* also if you do decide to go a more organic route, rather then the cobbled together look, I suggest having roots/vines dangling down off it, implying that their pod was grown like a plant rather then built, which is most likely what the florans would do if they didn't just steal parts from other peoples explorer pods for their own :)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
    jonathonspy likes this.
  20. Nightmaster

Nightmaster Pangalactic Porcupine

Can I give a sugestion?

All the pods until now looked like variations of the first pod, with general appearence influenced by the race they belong and thats cool and ok. My sugestion is for the Novakid pod.

Although a locomotive is a vehicle and the Novakid ship is shaped like a train, I feel that a better look for the Novakid pod would be one that is a variation of the human pod but with a SteamPunk feel. Like these:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just my two cents on this awesome mod of yours.