Race Idea for Starbound

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by SanJEZ_, Aug 9, 2016.

1. SanJEZ_

SanJEZ_ Void-Bound Voyager

I have an idea for a race, the race (idk what it would be called yet) would resemble the Novakid, but are made out of liquid nitrogen and have a coat of icy rock, as "skin". Is this a good idea?

2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I guess if they were made different enough from the Novakid, it could work. But you'll need a lot more detail about them; appearance, biology, history, culture, etc. Maybe some artwork, either from yourself or by requesting it from an artist.

3. alextulinov

alextulinov Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I can't think of any name for them that wouldn't be cheesy but what if they were novakid who when they were made somehow arrived at planets with extremely low temperature and had to change their biology to sustain themselves?their culture would be like Inuit culture with igloos and refined ice blocks.

4. SanJEZ_

I was thinking for thee culture, it could be like Norwegian, or Swedish kind of, so like vikings? And for the history, it could be like what alextulinov said, and they could be in a war with the Novakid, and the name could be Valdr (Vakindr + Galdr)?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  5. alextulinov

alextulinov Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Are you making this into a mod or is this a suggestion to the devs?

6. SanJEZ_

Suggestion to anyone i guess, if I knew how to make mods I would make it but I don't so yeah.

7. TaterChipp007

TaterChipp007 Master Chief

So, if I took this up, made a name, visualized them, all their armor, weapons, culture, and pretty much everything else, but still credited you for the original idea, it'd be cool?