1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED WEdit v1.3.2

In-game, multiplayer-compatible world editing.

1. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

Errors4l submitted a new mod:

WEdit - In-game, multiplayer-compatible world editing.

Read more about this mod...

2. XelSlime

XelSlime Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I bet people making big villages would appreciate this, making one home and copying it to avoid having to go through the process a dozen times or so.

Errors4l likes this.
  3. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Interesting

4. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

Errors4l updated WEdit with a new update entry:

Stable release?

Read the rest of this update entry...

5. Kinzerfest

Kinzerfest Big Damn Hero

Hello, Errors4l. You have made a great mod that has greatly helped me, (and I'm sure other people, too) to build amazing structures. Your mod works very effectively, even in 1.0.4. I have a request, maybe a bit big of one. I got this mod so that I could "back up" structures, copy and pasting them to another world. If griefers were to come and destroy a building, I would have been able to paste it back in. And if I wanted to move my structure to a different type of planet, I would not have to spend hours rebuilding it. When I installed the mod, I quickly realized that WEdit does not work cross-planet. So my request, is for the Copy and Paste tool (the one that looks like a stamp) to work cross-planet. I am not that good of a programmer, so I'm sorry I cannot help you. If you could work on making that a possibility, I will be very happy. Thanks in advance - Kinzer

6. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

I have attempted this before the major rework. Storing and loading copy data between worlds was.. problematic. Something that should be insanely easy turned out to be a challenge due to the fact that stored data didn't match the data loaded at a later stage 1:1. This made it so the script could not handle the loaded data and crash before any blocks are placed.

I'll see what I can come up with. The game has been through a lot of changes and I believe there are some other ways of accomplishing this that I can try.

Edit: Okay, that was easy. It seems the previous issues are fixed and the most simple approach now does work properly. I'll be running some tests first though.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
    Kinzerfest likes this.
  7. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

8. Heliostorm

Heliostorm Phantasmal Quasar

I have a request for an added feature. Would it be possible to add a tool that can take a selection from the Copy tool and then mirror it across the y-axis? It would be very helpful for making symmetrical constructions. This mod is already a godsend, so thanks for making it.

9. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Can we expect a video tutorial please ? I've try copy past a castle with another mod (base in a box) but we are limited by the wire lengh , your mod look great but a little hard to unerstand ^^'.

10. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

I've created a feature request, so I can look at it later: https://github.com/Silverfeelin/Starbound-WEdit/issues/1
    Thanks for your suggestion!

https://github.com/Silverfeelin/Starbound-WEdit/wiki/Features#stamp
    • Enable /debug.
    • Hold the Selection tool.
    • Hold down the left mouse button to create a selection (outlined in green).
    • Hold the Stamp tool.
    • Press the left mouse button to create a copy of the current selection.
    • Hold the Selection tool.
    • Change your selection to set the paste location (outlined in blue).
    • Hold the Stamp tool.
    • Press the right mouse button to paste the copy.
    • Wait for the paste to end.

Shadox2.0 likes this.
  11. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Thx , i'll try that soon ^^

12. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

A true World Edit for Starbound, awesome work !

PLUS it dont make a brute paste off all the sel , it past the sel but line by line, it mean we can copy paste huge structure without get a crash as i've understand , so very nice.

I suggest user use Phase Shift Module (fly+noclip) + Extra zoom level (allow us to unzoom 1 more time after the lowest vanilla zoom (mini x1 instead of x2).

Also , dear modder x) the debug command is very helpfull , however when using a lower zoom (infact the x1 from a mod (so yeah it's not your fault :p)) the texte line are too close , see this picture :
    [​IMG]

So if you can find a trick in your setting for "fix" that it would be cool , even if it's not a big problem.

Bonus

A copper heart for you xD
    [​IMG]

13. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

Thank you c:

The script doesn't actually place the layers in 'lines'. It tries to place all blocks multiple times, but only blocks connected to other blocks can be placed (limitation of the game). This in itself isn't a huge issue, since there is a delay between each iteration to let the world update.
    For the debug text on different zoom levels, that's actually a good suggestion. I've created a feature request on GitHub and will look into it later: https://github.com/Silverfeelin/Starbound-WEdit/issues/3

14. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

15. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Ok thanks you ^^ nice work , i'll star to make my glitch planet tomorrow

About placing block , i wanna said in game like minecraft if you try to past something too big , it crash , here it try but if it can't , it place what it can step by step (but still in 1 action) , so it's so much better.

GN (2: 30am i go to sleep).

Errors4l likes this.
  16. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Hi again , its for a possible issue (maye related to the size of selection (3xx / 3xx)

So after selecting the area (and enabled /debug ofc) , i take stamp then i copy (then i get a huge freeze while copying but it deal with it cuz its a logic behavior) , then after copy is finished , all can move around gain (me mob everythings) BUT , every WEdit info is hiden (like disabled) , /debug still show info on the left top , but the mod itself is like "gone" , for find back the ablity to use it i need to change planet or restart the game , the 1st solution dont disturb me as i need to copy a dg from a planet to another planet , i've try change planet after that BUT i have nothing to paste when i select an area , (it only show me green area , not the blue) ,but i also think it was possible in normal use of the mod (about be able to copy something from planet A then copy it to planet B ) , so this bug seem have same effect as restart the game (so it remove the copyed area from data storage) , do you have a trick for solve that ?

Do you think its because its a too big area for your mod ? or for my computer maybe ?

If we can't do anything i'll try to move the DG part by part.

If you need an idea of the area i've made a picture some day ago showing a Glitch underground castle DG (the "true" with more room (i've make a red selection on the screen around the additional part for interested)) , ofc its a vanilla generation :

(clic the picture , cant show it full size here ^^)
    [​IMG]

17. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

Could you recreate the issue, then locate your log (/Starbound/storage/starbound.log) and share any errors that pop up after the script no longer behaves normally? I've tested the mod on a decent computer with zoom level x2. Using x1 zoom and selection an area the size of your screen would be around 4 times as big, so it may just be too big for the script. I won't know for sure unless I can see why the script breaks though.

18. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Ok i'll do that right now.
    Edit : before test it again i see i've already 5 changelog file (chagelog / changelog2 / changelog3 /ect ; all with same date/hour) should i delette them before ? or i dont touch them ?

Edit : tried without touch to log before , edit again nevermind found (didnt try to pen the good file lol , wait ^^)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  19. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

So http://pastebin.com/70hrrbyB

The error is at line 18 (when i use the stamp for copy (yes i've show debug afer selecting the area this time ^^ ' but i've make corner made of block)) , after that green square desepear (and no blue at all) , and i can't re-use the mouse tool (green sel) for try to past it (even on same planet) , so i think its a faillure in the copy , then making the mod bug (however i still see hitbox around creature and me , and also the "home point" (not sure if its the explanation) of a npc maybe (blue square with a tiny blue square in it).

Edit , hum ... "LuaInstructionLimitReached" i think its the problem , too big , a ""solution"" can be to make the area changing color if out of limit size ? (green to red for example) , i think it's possible.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  20. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

The problem is I have no clue how I'd determine the limit, it's probably hardware dependent.