1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue The Incredible Blinking Shark Dog...

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Axe Garian, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Awhile ago, I found 2 Capture Pods in a Chest during random exploring on a Titanium Tier Planet I forget what kind now. I made sure to be patient with them & make them count... & my first ever capture was a Shark Dog! Eventually I made it to the Durasteel Tier & shortly after Beaming down onto my first Jungle Planet, I found a Adult Poptop & successfully caught him/her, thus imho making my 2nd Capture Pod count! :love:

During later exploration around this same Planet I meant to throw out my Adult Poptop I had Equipped with a found Healing 2 Collar but screwed up & accidentally threw out my Shark Dog instead. He got Poisoned before I could call him back. From now on, every time I call him out, he has the Blinkie Green Status Indicator on his Body for being Poisoned even though he (should) have no more Poison Status on him. This took place in Full Vanilla SP Play, Full Screen Mode. Reproducibility untested cause I have no additional Shark Dogs at this time. My OS is Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

He's never yet fainted, i've later on got the Pet Healing Station Crafted & that did not cure the Blinkie Status on him, I have no idea which of the 2 Blink States, Green or Not Green he was in as I called him back after he got Poisoned, & it's funny having him Tethered to a Pet Tether having him run back & forth blinking nonstop. Nonetheless, bugs left unchecked beget Bugs, so this might warrant a fix. Will ya Devs need anything from me File-wise?

Many thanks for your time. :)

2. sagenth

sagenth Pangalactic Porcupine

I came for the teleporting sharks, and was disappointed. You've tried a healing station?

Axe Garian likes this.
  3. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Multiple times. It heals the HPs...

Update: I've tried sticking my Shark Dog onto a Pet Tether then letting him stroll around as I worked on Terraforming the Area in prep for building, & notice him dyingfainting eventually even when nothing's ever gone near him or attacked him. I now suspect the dude DOES still have a Poison Status on him that's functioning... & refusing to ever expire... Seems the Pet Heal Station can't heal it off either, only the HPs. :eek: Also, in case it's relevant, the Shark Dog is Equipped with a Poison Collar, but its Description says nothing about inflicting Poison on the Pet itself.

4. Moose2001

Moose2001 Phantasmal Quasar

The elemental collars make the pets blink their related color. Poison is green, Ice blue, Shock purple, and fire red. Not a bug.

Axe Garian likes this.
  5. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Ok, that's good to know. Wish the Collar Info woulda mentioned that to me. Now... there's still the issue that my Shark Dog stays on the Tether for awhile & never gets attacked by anything then eventually Faints anyway. What else other then a Poison Status would cause this?

Wish I had dummy spare Collars I could try putting on him to see if removing the Poison Collar then leaving him Tethered awhile while never attacked had a different Outcome or not.

6. Moose2001

Dunno, my nut midgelings are doing fine with their 4 collars on my ship. Try testing it on your ship. You can always spawn in collars with /admin mode to for testing purposes. The dogs aren't hard to find, their pretty common on ocean planets.

Axe Garian likes this.
  7. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

We have access to Admin Mode? :wtf:

8. sagenth

Start a single player session, or possibly join a friend's and type /admin into chat, hit return and you should be in admin mode. Either way you will receive a message in the chat telling you the result of your command. Just google Starbound commands and you will find all you need on the starbounder wiki, although they have a lot of outdated commands that need to be removed from that table.. many of them do still work, at least the general purpose sounding ones like /spawnitem

Axe Garian likes this.
  9. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Update: I found another Collar & tried it on my Shark Dog & he doesn't die anymore. It's now looking to me that the Poison Collar does self-poison the Pet its on in addition to its actual stated effect. If this is not intended, it needs fixed, & if it is intended, it wouldn't kill the Collar's Item Description to bother to deign to say so. :lod:

10. sagenth

Rough. Maybe there is a bug where if you equip an elemental collar with that elemental effect already on the pet, it will keep damaging the pet. Or vice versa perhaps. I would totally go test this, if I got paid to. *nudge nudge anyone* I am mostly kidding. Or am I?
    I'll post findings if I get around to testing my hypothesis.

Axe Garian likes this.
  11. Moose2001

My nutmidges haven't died at all on my ship with their elemental collars on. Strange bug.

Axe Garian likes this.
  12. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Ahh, in that case, maybe I have found a weird rare bug caused by interaction between Elemental Collars & Negative Statuses.