1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Ok, so this is a post about something I found that closely resembles the glitch

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Oxygen, Jul 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Oxygen

Oxygen Aquatic Astronaut

So I found this "creature" when I was exploring some planets. And I find it very closely resembling the glitch. I say this because just look at it's head. It's really close to the glitch and I think it's the glitch it has a brain bowl which means it is sentient like all glitches are that I've seen. I don't know if this some kind of other kind of the glitch or an entire other race, but I would like information on what you know about this race, if you have any. ~o2

Ps: Oh and if you want to know if it's hostile or not. It's hostile.

Attached Files:

2. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

Ooh, looks like the robot you used to be able to make in a previous version.

3. Mnat04

Mnat04 Tentacle Wrangler

Hmm that's strange
    First question,did you have asset missmatch allowed?
    Second question, was it fully animated or was it in one pose the entire time?
    Third question, did it attack with flamethrower and junk or did it shoot lighting balls?
    I'm asking because http://starbounder.org/Fatal_Circuit was removed as for his assets they still might be in the game and somehow replaced the assets of another monster witch I believe as a http://starbounder.org/Scandroid since that's what's displayed in the last monster hovered over witch may or may not be the same entity you saw
    (P.s. Since fatal circuit was removed I'm not sure if it's related lore is still considered legitimate but when he was a thing there were heavy glitch ties)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    Never likes this.
  4. Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

Perhaps it was created by the same sentient creatures who originally created the glitch.

5. Thee Pie Man

Thee Pie Man Subatomic Cosmonaut

Whoa, what the heck. That's pretty intense. O: Can't wait to meet that dude.

6. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

Do you have any mods?

7. Zsword

Zsword Pangalactic Porcupine

That's, definatly just the former robot boss dood we used to be able to make...

8. Mr.PotatoFudge

Mr.PotatoFudge Phantasmal Quasar

9. stealthXG

stealthXG Pangalactic Porcupine

From the looks of the terrain and weather, they're most definitely using Frackin Universe mod. I believe those are metallic moons.

10. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

Fatal Circuit was removed.
    What you're looking at is a modded attempt at adding it back in, or at least monsters that look like it.
    Because I can just about guarentee that isn't in the base game.

Originally it was a robot you constructed using a monster brain you harvested, and then activated, and then killed, in order to get a processor, because your character is apparently such a genius moron that they have to create an entire robot and then rip out the only part they actually needed to make.

11. Momopovich

Momopovich Pangalactic Porcupine

What about crafting a princess to spawn a bone dragon

12. Mr.PotatoFudge

replaced with the glitch mission

but im certain the princess is spawnable

along with the fatal circuit

technically speaking everything from the older version is still in the game it just has a 0% chance to spawn naturally

13. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

Trying to spawn Fatal Circuit apparently spawns Shockhopper Mk1 instead.

14. TheUnartist

TheUnartist Pangalactic Porcupine

Not true. Some things have been removed and modders are mostly using old versions of the game to re-implement them.
    That's why you tend to get generic items when trying to spawn certain beta items with admin commands. Nothing to spawn anymore.

15. Lichen

Lichen Big Damn Hero

Lol the nostalgia of when starbound is still based on terraria

Jellyfish monster was my favourite

16. Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

Your post reminded me that Starbound was a whole different game in Early Access...

17. Mr.PotatoFudge

that makes me sad

why remove perfectly working spirtes and stuff

just reuse them in some way its not that hard and it lets you do less work

18. TheUnartist

TheUnartist Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm not 100% sure on this, but my understanding is that certain changes to the core game required a reworking of many of the original sprites. I believe that's why re-adding them has been taking awhile, because modders have to adjust almost every single old item they use.