1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED WEdit v1.3.2

In-game, multiplayer-compatible world editing.

1. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Hum , so i should try without fullbright command maybe for less ressource eat.

If never i can't like that i'll "cut" it in something like 4 part (and if too big , 9 part should work).

Also can you confirm we can copy something on planet A then copy it to planet B ? (with a "normal" sel size and a working copy ofc).

Another question , i think the info window show on top left by /debug isnt from your mod , but do you know if we can hide it (without disabled /debug for keep hitbox / selection info / tool info at feet) ?

Every info give by /debug are usefull , but atm i don't have use of the window on the left and it cover a good part of screen :x

2. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

Fullbright doesn't decrease performance, it simply disables the lighting engine (meaning performance could actually improve).
    Yes, you can copy and paste cross-planets. A recent update included this feature. This works for the Stamp and Schematic Maker.
    The debug window is part of the debug mode, and I'm afraid we can't simply take it out. The debug mode was actually never intended to be used like this, but there doesn't appear to be a better way of drawing lines on the screen.

3. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Yes for me it was logic , no shadow = less ressource eat , but i've get the feeling it was longer for copy without shadow than with , but it was only a feel x)

Ok nice , so its the most important, i know how to use stamp but not the shematic maker (i must read more the tuto).

And ok i'll deal with it ^^

Thx for your help

Edit : good new , i've succefully paste the quarter of the big underground castle (157 x 144) (done in 5 paste ^^)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  4. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Sorry for double post (they don't always merge even if following each other)

I wann ask you if we have a command for remove grass on an area (grass or powder or things like that , you know thing we can take as sample with DecoTool mod) , because i've noticed something will making a big Dg (don't worry you'll see it when finished) , most of my terraform is to remove grass on dirt , but atm i've find a way to ""fix"" it , i sel the are then i change dirt to dirt , so it "reset" it ,without additional part (like grass).
    After a copy + past + replace + fill almost all the work is done , then we have things like that :
    [​IMG]

About painting , i've also noticed if i replace dirt by dirt it reset the color (its a good thing for me , planet have green dirt , and i prefer defaut color) but i wanna ask you if we have a tool for paint a full area (atleast paintable item of course , or even just block) , i've see paint bucket , but its for fill an area with matter , not color.

Also i've noticed something , when we change a background on an area , it make drop every item on the floor (even item with anchor on the floor instead of the wall) , it is a bug ? or a normal behavior of the mod ?

i've make like around 60% of post count on this topic sorry lol i'm curious.

Btw , you should post the mod on workshop (even if i admit i never use it) , it should help you if more people know the mod.

Edit : showing my work a little
    this is my underground castle (make with 3 different underground castle merge together -so only with vanilla DG parts , of cours its not finished yet but it's already a good castle) , on the same planet i've a glitch village and a glitch surface castle (the "new" one) , my goal is to have all possible glitch structure on the same planet , it remind me i should make backup of this world , we never know lol
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  5. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

Matmod removal has been added to the GitHub repository as a feature request. https://github.com/Silverfeelin/Starbound-WEdit/issues/6
    The bucket tool doesn't change colors. It fills your selection with the selected block. This is intended behavior.
    Background blocks are just 'broken', that's all that happens. If the game breaks ground objects when the background is broken, then that's not something I'm in control over.
    The mod is already available on the Workshop! I've added a link to the overview to make this obvious, thanks.

Shadox2.0 likes this.
  6. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Ok , thx for your answer , and thx you for MatMod request* , it'll break vines too ?
    (for now i use MM on the vines area then i fill with the hole with the bucket and its ok)

(i've copy past the outpost on a moon , now i can improve it ^^)

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  7. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

Errors4l updated WEdit with a new update entry:

Settings Interface

Read the rest of this update entry...

8. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

"Bugfix: Only the dash tech now runs WEdit. The previous release (v1.0.5.1) had WEdit activated on all techs, resulting in functions being executed multiple times."

What do you mean ? i currently use Phase Shift Mod beside WEdit (its a noclip tech) , should i avoid this update ?

9. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

What I mean is that the previous version made WEdit overwrite all tech files, meaning functions would run 3 times if you had 3 different techs active. This update, just like all other releases except for v1.0.5.1, makes it so that only the dash tech has WEdit activated.

You can still check the bit on GitHub on how to use a different tech: https://github.com/Silverfeelin/Starbound-WEdit#using-a-different-tech

10. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Ok , so i think it'll help some people , but on my side i must admit i havent get any problem with any tech (even modded) and WEdit since i use it ^^ but anyways thx for your awesome work.

11. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Hi , i've try to use the chest tool with a new character but it dont do anything , we have requirement before be able to open it ? (it was for copy past the protectorate building lol) , but even outside tuto it wont open.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  12. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

Did you activate the dash tech on your new character?

13. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Hum , nop it was already onlock on the first char but not htis one , i've forget x)
    (but its ok now)

14. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Hi again , how do i copy chematic please . i dont have the tool , it's an addon ? (its for copy past the protectorate academy but cant all in one , and cant do
    goings and comings between protectorate and another world so i need to make chematic x).

15. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

Just use the item box again, it will give you the new items. Tools stack so you don't have to worry about having the same tools multiple times.

16. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

The mod dont agree lol , keep giving me same item / Edit ok it work with the good version i put my problem into spoiler.

[​IMG]

I'm sorry when i read the topic i've the feeling to be boring or dissatisfied with all my message lol

Edit ofc if i can help with log or something , ask me , it would be a pleasure to help ^^

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  17. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

And you have version 1.0.5.2 of the WEdit mod? The tools and features were added in this update, if the mod works fine but doesn't give you /those/ tools it's because you haven't updated.

18. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Im not sure its name WEdit.pak , i'll try to replace it.

Edit : yep it was that , well done x)
    [​IMG]

Edit 2 :And thx for the cog , didnt knew that ^^

19. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

You can see the version in the mod menu. You can access this menu by selecting the cog in the bottom right corner of the main menu.

Shadox2.0 likes this.
  20. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

It's crazy i copy past the protectorate academy on a planet xD , your mod is awesome.