1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Create-A-Friend v2.3 for SB v1.0

Create and equip custom NPCs!

1. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

It seems I recruited the duplicates so I could still change the ones that remained and their clothes. Later I removed the spawners and the npcs were still there. lol

What are your plans for the next update? Will you try to add full customization or allow crewmembers first?

2. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Yes after hiring someone he beam to your ship and become a crew member , so its not a CAF related npc anymore starting this point , it mean you can place CAF things for spawn NPC and break it if never the guy have beam to your ship , it wont vanish him.

3. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

My next update will be allowing them to become crew members and fixing the NPC duplication issues. After that (once this summer semester ends) I'll take on the bigger task of allowing full customization. That one's gonna take me a while.

Lodish, Shadox2.0 and TheFloranChef like this.
  4. Domidoy

Domidoy Void-Bound Voyager

Ahhhhh i'm so excited for the next update! :giggle: it's a great mod!

5. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

I've see a bug for hired friend using a gun : let me explain how to see :

spawn a guard and give him a gun (1 handed x1 or x2 , didnt try with 2 handed) , then give him a janitor job offers , when he's janitor he use the gun you gave , but if you said him to wait i'll take a "defaut" gun , and if never you gave him a gun (like in this example) , he'll switch between them continuously.

i've found that because i've see janitor (havent try with other job) use gun , si i've respawn one with a boss gun x2 , then tried with only 1.

I'm not sure but its maybe the case for 1 handed sword + shield , maybe everything one handed infact , but i havent more infos sorry.

Edit i've try with a crossbow (2hand) and its the same things , so its mayeb related to crew using ranged weapon anyway its only visible when they wait us , never when they follow.

Anyways cool job ^^

Edit again , now i didnt give any weapon (to janitor) and he use a 1hand dagger (he didnt sitch weap cuz i didnt gave him any weap but it mean its not a ranged weapon class only

(bonus crew picture ^^ : )
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  6. XelSlime

XelSlime Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It seems like only certain races duplicate. I'm using this mod with the "Super /sbg/ Race Mod". Golgians (slimepeople like my avatar) duplicate, but Barometta (sheepgirls) don't.

7. swiftshadow

swiftshadow Void-Bound Voyager

8. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

When you try to use a printer? Like, the pixel printer? I'm not sure what you mean.

9. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Caf spawner is made from inventor crafting table (tiers 3) , idk either why you want use 3D printer.

Bonus picture (with help of Caf + Job offers mods):
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  10. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

I've an issue with new charactr (maybe cuz of a mod i've remove , customisable crew maybe ?) but anyways its related to uniform , so the problem is every new hired guys tp to me when i beam up (normal the first time) but they auto die 1 sec after , then they are beamed down again to the ship etc...

its look related to uniform when i read log :

[16:20:22.047] [Error] Exception while invoking lua message handler for message 'recruit.setUniform'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/scripts/companions/recruitable.lua"]:416: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
    stack traceback:
    [C]: in ?
    [C]: in function '_ENV.pairs'
    [string "/scripts/companions/recruitable.lua"]:416: in function <[string "/scripts/companions/recruitable.lua"]:406>
    (...tail calls...)
    [0] 7ff70c761ee3 Star::captureStack
    [1] 7ff70c760c6e Star::StarException::StarException
    [2] 7ff70c7360a1 Star::LuaEngine::handleError
    [3] 7ff70c8ea365 Star::LuaEngine::callFunction<Star::String,bool,Star::LuaVariadic<Star::Json> >
    [4] 7ff70c8ed539 Star::LuaFunction::invoke<Star::Json,Star::String,bool,Star::LuaVariadic<Star::Json> >
    [5] 7ff70c9107b8 Star::LuaMessageHandlingComponent<Star::LuaStorableComponent<Star::LuaActorMovementComponent<Star::LuaUpdatableComponent<Star::LuaWorldComponent<Star::LuaBaseComponent> > > > >::handleMessage
    [6] 7ff70c9909ff Star::Npc::receiveMessage
    [7] 7ff70cc83435 Star::WorldServer::handleIncomingPackets
    [8] 7ff70cc9564b Star::WorldServerThread::update
    [9] 7ff70cc951c8 Star::WorldServerThread::run
    [10] 7ff70c75ea0e Star::ThreadImpl::runThread
    [11] 7ffe67038102 BaseThreadInitThunk
    [12] 7ffe690bc5b4 RtlUserThreadStart

i'll try uninstal and instal again the mod
    edit : nop still the same

11. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

Are you trying to recruit the NPCs with the job offers mod? I don't know very much about that mod, but I know that he released a compatibility mod to make Job Offers compatible with this one. Do you have the compatibility mod installed?

12. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

It was always ok with both mod together , and its still ok on my main character , but on 2 new character they instant die/respaww/die , so if it was realy a compatibility problem , it should bug on all my character (imo).

(also i never installer a compatilibity mod since they work well together since the begining)

Atm Job Offrs is at v1.0.4 on my game and your mod at v2.2 (for version SB 1.0)

13. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

That's strange. I'm not sure why some characters would have the problem and others wouldn't, but it might be worth trying the compatibility patch. You can find it here: http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/job-offers-compatibility-patch-create-a-friend.3909/

14. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Ok , its not a big problem since i dont realy use others (made yesterday for test things in protectorate city (before find command fo tp there) , but i'll try for science x)

(i've make a backup of storage in the case where i break my main char)

Edit : so with the patch they dont spawn at all from spawner ^^ even on my main (but crew still ok on my main)

without patch and with my main char i'm still able to recruit member , i'll try again with the others char.

Edit2 : so with a fresh fresh char (made now) it work , but with the one made yesterday i dont work, its strange , my main and the fresh char are glitch race , i'll try human char for test (the buged char is an human).

Edit3 good news , with the same race as bugged char it work , so i think my other char is corrupted with something , atleast it work so your mod is okay i think.

Imo it because i've hire someone while having an outdated mod in my mod directory (from nexus) , but nexus seem only good for fallout and skyrim lol.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  15. Knight9910

Knight9910 Existential Complex

Really want to like this mod, but it really needs work. Specifically...

1. Need the ability to actually customize my friends, with all the options of character creation. This "randomize" slider with N presets just doesn't cut the mustard.

2. CAF spawners should seriously NOT break on hit. I'm not even sure why you made them break. One stray bullet and I have to replace them, dig through the eleventy hundred presets to find the right one again, place all of their clothes back again...

3. Need to use the new NPC AI. It's much better.

Not trying to be a jerk, but as it stands this mod needs lots of work.

Oh, also...

For some reason the CAF Spawner Base item is craftable at the Pixel Printer. I'm guessing this was unintentional, but that's how it is. The error he's having is that the Pixel Printer believes it should be able to print that item, can't find the files for it since he uninstalled the mod, and so crashes whenever he tries to use the Printer.

I ran into the same issue when I uninstalled Frackin Universe. There's not much can be done about it, AFAIK. Either restore a backup of the character from before the mod, or just make a new character. :\

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  16. Mythril-Jelly

Mythril-Jelly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Seems I can craft the base but I also seem to be crashing upon placement. Is this a known issue, and if so how may I fix it?

Edit: Just realized a workshop version exists. I feel silly now. But since that's out of the way... I made the Star Fox crew? Heck yes, I am Falco Lombardi. Do a Barrel Roll.

We're off to fight Andross! I mean... the Big Ape!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    dyre00 likes this.
  17. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

Haha, that's awesome!

18. Waldys

Waldys Space Hobo

I have a little problem,

I broke spawner, but npc is still here, what to do ?

19. Mythril-Jelly

Mythril-Jelly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Happened to me too, but I decided to keep em.

Have you tried boxing them in lava/poison?

20. Waldys

Waldys Space Hobo

Yeah, they are already dead, thanks