1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Ship Swapping in 1.0

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Mythril-Jelly, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Mythril-Jelly

Mythril-Jelly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It used to be manually possible to swap racial ships, but I haven't seen anyone pull it off in quite some time and seem to be unable to do it manually. Is there a way? A mod even?

I'd recently been trying to re-create "Dr. Ravenclaw", my Grounded scientist from the Koala days. She seems awfully out of character since I can't swap the Avian ship for the Apex one using the files and when I decorate it as a laboratory it clashes too much. it'd also be neat if I could create critter terrariums inside but many critters are no longer capturable and require a tether larger than themselves. I already know I can get the décor and lab coat from Miniknog dungeons.

Anyway, back to the point. Are there ways to do this? Mods, admin commands even? I don't really want to cheat but I've been sitting here envisioning the perfect ship and I can't go about it.

Ablekaine likes this.
  2. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Back to when was it possible? e.e

3. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

Just tested manual swapping, works like a clock. Are you sure you're doing this properly?

4. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

Alright, issue is slightly more complicated than this. Basically, shipworld transplant works just fine, everything works including crew and containers, BUT the moment you try to upgrade your ship (provided you use a ship of another race), you revert to a clean slate. Here is what you do, just in case there is something wrong with your way:

1. Download the attached file and unpack it. This is a completely clean T8 Apex ship, complete with a red ferret, courtesy of my another character.
    2. Launch your Starbound, launch a game with your character, write in chat "/admin", "/spawnitem shipT8", "/admin", use the item you got (instant upgrade to tier 8, just so you won't run into stuff like FTL not working or your ship reverting back after upgrade), then exit Starbound (make sure you're and anything you care about is not on the ship!).
    3. Find your char files (/Starbound/storage/player), they must be on top if you sort by the last change.
    4. Find your char .shipworld file and delete it
    5. Drop the file I provided into the folder.
    6. Copy all that gobbledigook in front of your files (i.e. if filename looks kinda like "227a6be6929146d3c21c8e3a0d93790d.player", you want "227a6be6929146d3c21c8e3a0d93790d")
    7. Rename my .shipworld file name as that string.
    8. Enjoy!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  5. Phantom5582

Phantom5582 Phantasmal Quasar

There are also mods that change racial ships from one type to another. So, and an example, you can be a human in an avian ship.

6. Ablekaine

Ablekaine Pangalactic Porcupine

Sick deets Cavy, that's some legwork there.

-Applaus-

7. Mythril-Jelly

Holy heck, I don't know what I did wrong but you're right! It worked!

Can't thank you enough, I'm going to get to building right away. Cheers, and thanks for the helpful advice!

8. Phantom5582

Phantom5582 Phantasmal Quasar

I hope you share pictures. That ship lab sounds cool.

9. Mythril-Jelly

Because you ask yes, I've begun experimenting with it. The elevators seemed to worsen lag, so it's just basic hatches with invisible proximity for now.

So here's an early peek at the new setup?
    [​IMG]

Wingidon likes this.
  10. Ablekaine

Ablekaine Pangalactic Porcupine

Brain swuggs!!
    Omg I love this so much, you even spawned in the Outpost scientist, it looks GREAT!

Now I want stories. :nurugasp: