1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Vespoids! 1.04

Adds a race of nature loving bees/wasps to the game.

1. Utkudakid

Utkudakid Subatomic Cosmonaut

MAde a lamp too,when i finish making them i will try to send the mod folder to you after trying if they work.

Attached Files:

2. KTrinsic

KTrinsic Big Damn Hero

I'm getting an occasional error message, although no crashes.

[Error] Could not apply patch from source: ../mods/Vespoid. Caused by: (JsonPatchException) Could not apply patch to base. (JsonPatchException) Could not apply operation to base. (TraversalException) No such key 'helpthem' in pathApply("/helpthem/vespoid")

Looks like it is something from the dialog/flee.config.patch file.

3. AnthonySkunk89

AnthonySkunk89 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Looks great, thanks!

This has been a problem I saw no reason killing at this point as it created only warning and no game breaking points, I will however repair it when I finish creating the NPC towns and such.

Utkudakid likes this.
  4. KTrinsic

KTrinsic Big Damn Hero

Cool. Looking forward to seeing the towns and such!

5. demonix

demonix Subatomic Cosmonaut

so hi everyone and i'm really sorry to do a sort of ad here but it's really hard to be known and i just want to help modders :3 SO if anyone is interested i have a tread on chucklfish forums where i say all about what i want to do, and the help i can bnring to modders, actually it's empty (with no messages) but i hope in the future someone will be interested by my proposal, i want to say there are no counterparts ! so i will not describe everything that's in the thread but i can do some sprites, fanarts, and bunch of others things to help modders if it's only aesthetic (yeah NO CODAGE you know x) so thank you for reading this and again sorry AnthonySkunk89 of doing this here but i don't know how to start...

6. GTG3000

GTG3000 Big Damn Hero

The mod is crashing my game when I attempt to start a new game using vespoid character (with this race extender). The tenant is working fine though.

7. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

It's not unlikely that your character creation extender is causing your crashes. Try using one that was updated a bit more recently.

8. Thebest riddler

Thebest riddler Space Spelunker

is this by any chance a client side mod?

9. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

This mod will only work on a server iff both the server and client have the mod installed.

10. GTG3000

GTG3000 Big Damn Hero

Tried three different ones. Using MES right now, still crashes. The log says it gets an error while trying to spawn something vespoid in protectorate.

Any advice on which race selection mod to use?

Also, the sprites are using the wrong highlight colour, which doesn't change with the colourscheme.

Code:
    [14:16:09.571] [Info] UniverseServer: Creating new client ship world ClientShipWorld:a370782c912f8d8bfee22e57f33136ea
    [14:16:48.927] [Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (MapException) Key 'vespoid' not found in Map::get()
    [0] 7ff7aa511ee3 Star::captureStack
    [1] 7ff7aa510c6e Star::StarException::StarException
    [2] 7ff7aa55ad64 Star::MapMixin<std::unordered_map<Star::String,Star::AiDatabase::AiSpeciesParameters,Star::hash<Star::String,void>,std::equal_to<Star::String>,std::allocator<std::pair<Star::String const ,Star::AiDatabase::AiSpeciesParameters> > > >::get
    [3] 7ff7aa55bbd9 Star::AiDatabase::staticAnimation
    [4] 7ff7aac12015 Star::AiInterface::AiInterface
    [5] 7ff7aac7be02 std::_Ref_count_obj<Star::AiInterface>::_Ref_count_obj<Star::AiInterface><std::shared_ptr<Star::UniverseClient> & __ptr64,std::shared_ptr<Star::Cinematic> & __ptr64,Star::RegisteredPaneManager<enum Star::MainInterfacePanes> * __ptr64>
    [6] 7ff7aac80abb std::make_shared<Star::AiInterface,std::shared_ptr<Star::UniverseClient> & __ptr64,std::shared_ptr<Star::Cinematic> & __ptr64,Star::RegisteredPaneManager<enum Star::MainInterfacePanes> * __ptr64>
    [7] 7ff7aac838cf Star::MainInterface::MainInterface
    [8] 7ff7aa449b66 std::_Ref_count_obj<Star::MainInterface>::_Ref_count_obj<Star::MainInterface><std::shared_ptr<Star::UniverseClient> & __ptr64,std::shared_ptr<Star::WorldPainter> & __ptr64,std::shared_ptr<Star::Cinematic> & __ptr64>
    [9] 7ff7aa44e77b std::make_shared<Star::MainInterface,std::shared_ptr<Star::UniverseClient> & __ptr64,std::shared_ptr<Star::WorldPainter> & __ptr64,std::shared_ptr<Star::Cinematic> & __ptr64>
    [10] 7ff7aa456d99 Star::ClientApplication::changeState
    [11] 7ff7aa45e8bf Star::ClientApplication::updateTitle
    [12] 7ff7aa45c183 Star::ClientApplication::update
    [13] 7ff7aab914e1 Star::SdlPlatform::run
    [14] 7ff7aab9169d Star::runMainApplication
    [15] 7ff7aa45eff6 WinMain
    [16] 7ff7aad71313 __scrt_common_main_seh
    [17] 7ffc30cc8102 BaseThreadInitThunk
    [18] 7ffc32f0c5b4 RtlUserThreadStart
    [14:16:48.927] [Info] Application: shutdown...

I think it's something about the ship.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  11. AnthonySkunk89

Are you by any chance using the A.V.I.A.N. AI mod?

12. GTG3000

GTG3000 Big Damn Hero

Yeah, that was it. Haven't had a chance to test it yet though.

13. AnthonySkunk89

Yeah, so far this hasn't been supported yet, but I'm waiting on approval for it.

14. Tamamo89

Tamamo89 Pangalactic Porcupine

Bugs/Suggestions/Etc

1. The full bright images for the ships are the same as the normal ship.
    2. The teleport beam (excluding the actual cutscene) is blue.
    3. The florans can craft hive walls.
    4. The ship door, ship hatch, ship locker, storage locker, and sail console currently use the Floran Variety might want to change that to fit the over all theme of the race.
    5. Ditch the snake, use a grub or something.
    6. Make it so both genders have access to all 5 sets of floran clothing.

15. Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs Pangalactic Porcupine

Looks like the AVIAN mod have been made compatible with this mod. Are the Vespoids 1.1.1 compatible?

Also, a silly suggestion: You could make the Vespoid pet a variation of Tomato Hornworm.

Edit: Since there hasn't been a response to this thread yet, I have no idea if this mod is dead or what. It's been almost a month since the last update that I know of.

Anyways, to avoid double posting, I've noticed that there's an unused slot at character creation for the Vespoids, and that this race doesn't have any pattern options. Would it be possible to add in different patterns per the different species of wasps?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  16. Hekete

Hekete Subatomic Cosmonaut

is it possible to make it so you can change the color of the attenie?

17. crazz2323

crazz2323 Yeah, You!

I am using latest version of Frackin Universe 5.4.872 and this mod. When starting my dedicated server (new universe) I get these error messages related to the Vespoids:
    Will this be an issue?

[10:01:25] [Error] Could not load recipe /recipes/spawners/spawnervespoidvillageguard.recipe: (ItemException) No such item 'steelbar'
    [10:01:25] [Error] Could not load recipe /recipes/spawners/spawnervespoidguard.recipe: (ItemException) No such item 'steelbar'
    [10:01:26] [Error] Could not load recipe /recipes/spawners/spawnervespoid.recipe: (ItemException) No such item 'steelbar'

18. BlueCrescentMoon

BlueCrescentMoon Void-Bound Voyager

Works wonderfully, very happy with it, only problem I can find is after the 1.3.0 update which adds mechs, because there is no cinematic for it, the game makes an exception and sends you back to your menu screen. I'm sad to see there hasn't been an update to fix this problem, but I'm sure it doesn't matter much anyways since mechs aren't too important. The exact error this comes up with is "Exception caught in client main-loop (AssetException) Error loading asset /cinematics/teleport/deploy_vespoid.cinematic".

--Edit--
    I've made a small patch to this problem. I simply took the deploy cinematics from Skittles race base and plopped them into vespoid, replacing some names. Now it doesn't work perfectly, being the pod doesn't show during the cinematic, but it's still working enough to the point you can deploy your mech. I dunno if this was ever going to be updated so I figured I'd make a quick patch for anyone using this and for myself. The .zip contains a readme to tell you how to install this.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
    Lindazana likes this.
  19. Sziklamester

Sziklamester Void-Bound Voyager

This mod is nice and all and it worked long ago but now it seems bugged. When you create the vespoid character and you are in the ship it simply not let you use the console and the space travel animation in the background loops. When you try to leave the game with a save and exit is crash the game. I reported this now in this forum hopefully the creator of this mod is aware and take a look. Not sure if the frackin universe is what is not compatible with this race or another races causes the bug but at least if this mod is which is bugged then the creator now know this.

20. BlueCrescentMoon

BlueCrescentMoon Void-Bound Voyager

I don't have this problem, perhaps it's another mod you have installed conflicting with Vespoids. I don't have FU installed if that helps you any.