1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Extra Dungeons [For version 1.3.2] Version 0.74

More content for you!

1. The Observer

The Observer Phantasmal Quasar

Hu-uh. What DOES happen when you touch down? Do you just freeze up? Could you put up your log when you try to enter the new dungeon? Do a google drive link, or just post the log here so I can try and diagnose the problem.

Everything works fine for me, but I'm playing vanilla (save my own mod, of course).

That is interesting. Did you find the structure on the magma ocean bed? Might have to tweak some spawning parameters, this shouldn't be happening (magma and magmaoceanfloor biomes are two different things)

2. Zaroth

Zaroth Pangalactic Porcupine

When I beam out, the teleport transition takes an extreme amount of time before the background sounds of my ship cut out, indicating world load. At that point, It either enter a permanent state of loading (or at least time in excess of 30 minutes while I did other things) with the program not responding. Sometimes, it freezes on the teleport screen, other times I actually make it 1 frame into the mission world, with just the sky background and a small yellow orb where I landed loaded, but nothing else. At that point, it also freezes.

I found it on the ocean bed, yes. Though I play with frack, and there were a number of trees and wild plants native to the planet near it anyway, So I think the game might have simply placed a piece of surface biome on the sea bed.
    Honestly, I just found that one funny.

My log, strangely enough, didn't say anything about the mod. It did reveal, however, that the mod was informing me a hundred thousand+ times of a non-existant status effect from a different, personal thing it hadn't felt the need to mention before, apparently kicked off while trying to load your world, since that's what was happening when last I closed it. So I'm gonna fix that real quick, and see if it was just dedicating all my cpu to kicking off that error for some reason.

3. Zaroth

Alright, no, that did nothing.
    I get to this screen at best, and the whole game completely freezes. The second I even hit the deploy button for that mission, my CPU usage jumps to 100% constant.

[​IMG]

I'm sending a the relevant parts of the log file by PM. Sorry for all the trouble.

4. The Observer

Hmm. The log file's telling me nothing useful. The dungeon's being generated, the instanceworld's opened, while your shipworld's being closed, and the log ends there.

It may be that there's a conflict somewhere, but the log really isn't being useful. =/

Would that personal status, by any chance, have anything to do with thorns or damage reflection, or anything that affects armour values?

5. Zaroth

Nah, all that is is a simple thing to add various immunities so I can explore more or less any world without shuffling armors.

I might try a few more times, perhaps even on an otherwise vanilla save later, but I think the world you made is simply too much for my computer to handle.
    Thank you for your time, though.

6. The Observer

No worries. I tried it on my computer, just to check, and it's working fine.

It is one of the biggest dungeons I've made by tilecount, for what it's worth. Let's see if anyone else pops up with the same problem.

7. Fluke2

Fluke2 Orbital Explorer

Hello all,

I also have the same issue that Zaroth is having with loading the mission. When I hit the deploy button i go through the regular load time/animations then as Zaroth put it when my character "touches down" the game stops responding on that frame, thus far I have not gotten the background to load like he has once or twice.

Testing I have done Switched between opengl and no openegl, changed resolutions and zoom levels down to as low as they will go. Deleted all mods save for extra dungeons (only had ui mods) still had the same outcome. Tested out loading it wil duo-core vs quad-core affinity, no difference, also all testing down with starbound.exe set to max priority ( and a couple times without for good measure) lastly to get the best performance out of the game I am pretty good about shutting down any extra programs in the background to max performance.

All in all Im out of ideas for things I can try on my own to get the mission to load or things that might be tripping me up, outside of getting a better computer which I admit is a old POS by today's standards.

My conclusion is my machine is to much of a POS.

8. The Observer

Hmm, someone else with the same problem. I'll go through the dungeon again and check my logs.

It seems to be working perfectly fine for me - the loading time is slightly longer than other dungeons, but maybe I missed something in the log or something.

If it's too much for older machines, I'll have to keep that in mind in future works. I'm not sure that's the case, though, because my rig is 2.5 years old.

Can you please PM me your FULL log?

9. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

Can you explain how....

...to reach the hidden room above the 2x hostage princesses in the " Tower Invincible " dungeon ? I found all the secret stuff, switches, etc etc, but can't go there

Thanks !

10. The Observer

You clearly haven't found all the secret stuff if you missed that. That's a very well-hidden area, but other people have managed to find it. Still, if you must have spoilers:

*In the library, find the two switch bookcases. Activate them.
    *Head up to the alchemy lab and use spike ball to enter the crawlspace and flips the switch.
    *Head down to the geode mine. Activate the drill.
    *Head further on the lower path to the now-drained lava well and flip the switch at its bottom.
    *Backtrack to where the cathedral and library exits converge, and spike ball/grapple up the tower.
    *Use a rail hook to ride the rail to the opposite tower; invisible walls and spikes will prevent you from getting in any other way.
    *Use rocket jump to air dash between the propellers.

11. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

Yup I missed only 1

Done the run some minutes ago before your post and found all the stuff to do - ty anyway !

By the way, this first dungeon is very well made, can't wait to test the others too ! Keep the great dungeons up, the more the better

12. The Observer

13. Zaroth

Sorry, afraid it didn't work for me. In fact, there was no change at all, even after cleaning out some other increasingly obsolete or underused mods.
    I deeply appreciate the effort, however, I know you didn't need to.

While I personally think it might be a better use of time to move on, here's a full log in case you want see if you can find any problem.

Attached Files:

14. The Observer

The log's telling me nothing useful at all, as I expected. I'm trying to think what might be going on here, but the uselessness of the logs, as well as the complete inability to reproduce the issue doesn't help very much.

Hopefully the next dungeon will work better for you.

Edit: I think I MAY have figured it out. The .ogg used in the mission differs slightly from that used in other missions. I'll use a different track and see what happens.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
  15. The Observer

16. Fluke2

Fluke2 Orbital Explorer

Just downloaded and fired up the mission and.... it already looks amazing!!! the fix worked thank you again for working on it.

now im going to go play that mission :: )

17. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Where slow computers are concerned, it can't hurt to run your PNG files through PNGGauntlet. Especially if you have something animated it seems to make more of a difference than you'd expect it should. I do this before releases myself. But then you only would bother if adding/editing PNG files.

18. The Observer

19. Zaroth

Can confirm the current .ogg prevented level loading. Manually switched it out myself for the snowcrash music for now, and it loaded.
    Let's see how it plays.

20. Zaroth

Alright, after a huge interruption, I finished.
    The mission worked perfectly well other than the obvious start up problems. The guys in the invinco-armor is pretty iffy as a mechanic, but the puzzle element of watching juggernauts drown in lava makes up for it. Could stand to have a tad more banter from Lana, especially after you clear the final room.