1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

1.0 still broken

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by H0PELESS, Sep 4, 2016.

1. H0PELESS

H0PELESS Void-Bound Voyager

Ok, so when I installed starbound 1.0 it didn't work, all that happened was the screen I attached. So around 3 months later (after trying at some certain times inbetween) I thought, "maybe if I uninstall starbound it will fix it". It didn't. So I come here now to look for help as all my friends are rubbing it in my face :p please help.

2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

What screen are you talking about? You haven't attached any files. In fact, you might also want to provide your starbound.log file, if you can.

3. H0PELESS

oh, damn, it didn't work ok here they are.

Attached Files:

Jonesy likes this.
  4. Geth270

Geth270 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You are trying to run Starbound version "Sprited Giraffe" not 1.0 (or at least that's the version your log comes from)

5. dekar_serverbot

dekar_serverbot Scruffy Nerf-Herder

spirited Giraffe? GIVE ME GIVE ME

6. H0PELESS

So how do I change it from spirited giraffe to 1.0?

7. Geth270

Dunno, steam should automatically download the latest version, my best guess is that you took the log from the wrong folder.

8. H0PELESS

Well, it is definitely the right file, as when I searched "starbound.log" into this PC That was the only one that came up.

9. solarBOUNDER

solarBOUNDER Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Did Steam already update Starbound, and was the update size big?

10. Geth270

ah so that's how you got it... you see in the starbound folder there are storage folders for old versions of the game, you need to manually navigate to the starbound storage folder and get the log this way.

11. H0PELESS

Yes, yes it did.

Well I am just ultra smart, ok so this was the only one of the 5 logs that were in there that I could open without having to choose what program to run with, and the only one I could attach to this message.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2016
  12. Geth270

Disgusting, the log just cuts off with no error printed. This will not be easy to track down :/ May I request of you to try running the game again and see if the new log still has no error? Just to make sure it saved properly, I've had some weird issues with logs saving in the past.

Other than that the only Idea I have so far is to unplug any audio devices you have and try to run it, there have been issues in the past where not having any plugged in would "stop" the game but maybe its the other way round for you. The reason I think this could be the case is because the game stops responding for you right about the time where the chucklefish laughs in your face.

dekar_serverbot likes this.
  13. solarBOUNDER

solarBOUNDER Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There's a new update, 1.1 and it has some fixes, I'm too lazy to read them so try updating Starbound.

14. H0PELESS

Well I tried to run it with no audio devices, nope. Also, the game does not stop responding at the chucklefish, but it just starts up and instantly dies. also, here is the starbound.log file after running it. hopefully it's the right one this time...

Attached Files:

15. Geth270

It was the right one before, I just wanted to make sure. But yeah, it looks exactly the same just prints out there ware no audio devices this time. Then it just cuts off, the only thing I can work out is that it definitely crashes since there is no usual shutdown messages but other than that it has nothing helpful.
    I'm gonna have a think about this but I honestly don't know what can be happening there, I'll let you know if I come up with anything.