Pixel Terraria Herbs as Florans!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by WildPL, Sep 9, 2016.

?

Are these characters good?

1. Yea

11 vote(s)
    73.3%
  2. Nay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Kinda, sorta, maybe

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. WildPL

WildPL Void-Bound Voyager

This is my first post, if something is not working, report it PLEASE.

First of all, I wanted to say, that I'm not sure that this is the right page to post this kind of content, but I couldn't find 'screenshots' page, or something like that.

Second of all, English is not my primary language (my life would be so much better if it was :( ), I'm learing it actively, but for now, I would consider myself on A2/B1 level of language knowledge.

After these two diclaimers, let's get to the post itselft.

I like creating characters, propably more than playing the game itselft, and I love florans. I recently got an to adapt Herbs from 'Terraria' into this game, so let's get to it, I've sorted characters, by ranking 1 being the worst, 7 being the best (ranked by similiarity to the original and the theme and by the looks)

Waterleaf - 1/7

character_waterleaf.jpg character_mwaterleaf.jpg

While I was creating Waterleaf, I tried to make it exotic and look kinda oceanic. I've failed horribly. At least the hairstyle fits how
    flower of waterleaf looks like.
    EDIT: Both. Are. Terrible.
    Waterleaf sucks.

Blinkroot - 2/7

character_blinkroot.jpg character_mblinkroot.jpg

This one looks much better than Waterleaf, but isn't similiar enough, colors are wrong and hairstyle is meh.
    Edit: Male version fits blinkroot theme much better, I would give him +1

Daybloom - 3/7

character_daybloom.jpg character_mdaybloom.jpg

This one is pretty good, look similiar to the original daybloom, but in my opinion is a little bland.
    Edit: Male version is much, much better, +2 (also the flower is a bit... suggestive...)

Moonglow - 4/7

character_moonglow.jpg character_mmoonglow.jpg

I like Moonglow, but it certainly is not the best one, although the colors are good, hairstyle fits how moonglow looks like and the clothes are jungle-ish.
    Edit: Male version is terrible, hairstyle doesn't match the theme, the character barely looks male -2

Deathweed - 5/7

character_deathweed.jpg character_mdeathweed.jpg

I love how this one turned out - it's dark, corrupted and dead. I lowered it's raiting because I was unable to find a fitting hairstyle.
    Edit: That amazing, horror, lily hair is female only :( -1

Fireblossom - 6/7

character_fireblossom.jpg character_mfireblossom.jpg

The mods I'm using really helped me with this one, basicly everything on it is from a mod - colour, hairstyle, skin. Only clothing is vanilla. This one was really close to 1st place, although I found The Silverthorn slightly more - it's sleeker and fits the theme more.
    Edit: That male sonic-esq hairstyle looks AMAZING, I like this more than the fSilverthorn, honestly (+1,99)

Silverthorn - 7/7

character_silverthorn.jpg M_silverthorn.jpg

I love this one. It's sleek, similiar to the origanal and the theme color wise. hairstyle has to be flipped 90 degrees to make the cap fit original. This was a really tough decision, because both of the top characters are awsome in my opinion. Also I give it the warmest looking clothing Floran have.
    Edit: Male version looks a bit worse, I've screwed the skin tone a bit, but I've finally had an excuse to use that amazing hairstyle (it's meant to be warm, or you know, store heat or something...)

Mods used:

Enhanced Body Shape:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/enhanced-body-shape.774/

Colorbound 2015/16:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=734965636&searchtext=COLORBOUND
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=759046544&searchtext=COLORBOUND

Lexi's expanded colors:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=739624267&searchtext=COLORBOUND

PatchworkHaircut v2:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=730249719

Old Floran Colors:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=729693850

AnTiHair

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=730544933

Amethysium Floran Hair Pack (old, unavilable[?])

http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/floran-hair-pack-by-amethystumn.4134/

I'm sorry for not including this...

I THINK that this is all.

Opinions?

Edit: Added EBS to mods list, forgot about it

Edit2: Added male versions

Edit2.1: Improved MSilverthor colors

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  2. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

Those florans are very nice! the only thing is.. you should've put a male version too.
    And those breast... plants don't have one. xD

WildPL likes this.
  3. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

These are pretty neat! I'd love to see what else you come up with.

WildPL likes this.
  4. WildPL

Yeaa, umm... I'm just used to have EBS installed, characters look odd to me when I don't use it, so sorry for that I guess?
    They are all female because, well I don't know they just are:nurutease:, but I see no problem with creating a male version, will do it when I have some free time, I might put recommended for flower or something, after I see which one I prefer (maybe waterleaf will look better :p)

Also, what about making some of futere character have vanilla, some EBS, some EEBS? Just a question, I would be able to add more variety to characters

Crossfang likes this.
  5. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

And here I was sitting here thinking characters look really strange with it installed, but that's just me I guess, lol.

Something about 15lb flopping things being unrealistic and all that. You (usually) only see that when people stuff massive amounts of silicone into their bodies.

WildPL likes this.
  6. WildPL

I agree, EEBS is certanly too big (assuming that you are speaking about it, not the standard version) and looks really fake. I tried using it and everything looked even more 'off' than vanilla. That's just my comfort zone or something.
    You won't see EEBS, here or in my future character threads - only vanilla and EBS, I won't change the existing ones, but in I will add more variety to bodies of the characters. I have the beard mod installed too, so I can do stuff with males too.
    Oh and I almost forgot to add - I live in mid-eastern Europe country, I've looked up some graph ( a really weird one, it showed some stuff like avg. breast size, penis size) which showed that avg. breast size here is bigger than on the west, but what do I know, it propably was fake.

Anyway, I should have male versions uploaded soon, if I don't, spam the living shit out of me. I also plan transfering some dye plants.

If you have any suggestions, feel free to leave them, I'm trying to improve :)

Oh and if i said something very stupid, forgive me, it's late night and I speak waaay too much because of it...

Edit: Done 4/7 Male versions, but I have to go now, gotta finish them tommorow

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
    Master Automan IV likes this.
  7. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Breastsss lure prey into ssstabbing range. Floran evolve anything that make them better huntersss.

8. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

Nope..even if this is a joke... Nope.

WildPL likes this.
  9. Master Automan IV

Master Automan IV Phantasmal Quasar

That could be the case. It seems pretty solid.
    Well, if I didn't think about more it is.

Which prey?
    I doubt Florans could evolve breasts with equally reminiscent figure without a species to replicate it from.

Evolution is essentially natural selection(Loosely). Florans would have to be in contact with another Humanoid race that has mammalian attributes. Thing is, why isn't there any evidence of that race? You would think Florans would mention this race, seeing how they remember driving the Hylotl's off thier home planet, right? Not to mention how long it might take just to achieve this rather relatively complex change. And the practicality of having breasts to hunt is very low.
    Florans are hunters, not demons.
    Breasts can weigh down a person, so why would a race of skilled hunters not want to evolve more practically?

WildPL likes this.
  10. Master Automan IV

Looking at the vanilla sprites, they most certainly do.

WildPL likes this.
  11. WildPL

Guys, guys, guys, guys! Let's don't change that thread into another 'aren't breasts on this character too big?' thread.

PS: I'm back home, male sprites will be added very soon

Mooncalf99 and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  12. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Meh, the concept of evolution gets somewhat iffy when you consider that the SB universe has an actual canonical god-like being (i.e. The Cultivator) who either created life as we know it or at least had extensive direct intervention with it. You might as well ask "Why are all the civilized races humanoid(/hylotloid/apexoid/floranoid/etc.)?" or "Why did Poptops, Snaunts and Batongs develop in identical forms on a kajillion different planets?" It just is how it is.

WildPL likes this.
  13. Jareix Cryvix

Because the whole game is just a playground for gods... Us...

WildPL likes this.
  14. WildPL

Updated!

15. Jareix Cryvix

Noice.

WildPL likes this.
  16. Master Automan IV

Then why bring up evolution in the first place?
    If it's just how it is, then why make an explanation that involves logic?

Especially seeing how the game still wants you to take its universe seriously.

17. Master Automan IV

6 and 7 male versions are the only ones I personally like.
    All the other male variants look ridiculous, IMO.

WildPL likes this.
  18. WildPL

I may have to try to improve them, but I'll leave that for later.
    From now on, I will just make a one version of a character, because creating either male or female version of a char, that was originally other gender can end... Well you see...

Edit: Oh and I forgot, next things I'm going to do are dye plants, or something.

I've also found a lamia mod, I adore snake-people so you might expect something like that in the future too.

19. WildPL

Hmm...
    I've just realised, that I've got almost 270h in SB, but only 2/3 from these are in the actual game, the rest is in either character creator or wardrobe mod

20. WildPL

Okay, I've just made Male Silverthorn a bit more blue, because the orignal color was a bit grey-ish