1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Playable Cats Version 4.0

Don't just have a pet cat--BE one!

1. BlueLeafeon

BlueLeafeon Cosmic Narwhal

BlueLeafeon submitted a new mod:

Playable Cats - Don't just have a pet cat--BE one!

Read more about this mod...

AmberFlame_YT likes this.
  2. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

So tempted to use this mod... aaahhh! maybe later >w<

3. BlueLeafeon

BlueLeafeon updated Playable Cats with a new update entry:

Secondary colors added!

Read the rest of this update entry...

4. BlueLeafeon

Would anyone be interested in having alternative fur patterns? I was thinking of making alternative mods for those who would prefer something other than what I have currently.. (Specifically, something akin to Siamese.) These will be separate mods that you can pick and choose from, so if you want to keep playing with the bicolor kitties I have now, you don't have to worry about restarting your save file because colors were off.

I am thinking about adding tiered armor, which will likely look like collars as icons but actually not show up on the sprite itself. (tbh as small as the cat sprites are, it'd be difficult to make the collars show up properly, I think.)

I am constantly working on improving this mod, so if you want to wait until it's a little more complete, feel free to do so. :rofl:

As for things I've currently done but am waiting on the next update to release:

Tired of your playable cat being unable to fit through spaces that they honestly look like they should? Yeah, well, so am I.
    [​IMG]
    My next update will change the bounding boxes so that you can fit through much smaller spaces. (But you won't be able to cheat through the Distortion Sphere course--I know. I tried!)

Spoiler'd for image size:
    [​IMG]

Oops. Looks like I need to shorten that description. Well, this is why it isn't released yet!

Corraidhín likes this.
  5. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

omg thats genius xD a scratching post!

Well, ill wait then c: it looks amazing thus far!

6. BlueLeafeon

ALL THE THINGS

7. BlueLeafeon

8. BlueLeafeon

I've been working here and there on various things. For one thing, out of curiosity, I spawned an NPC cat, who then proceeded to give me a quest and immediately become a crew member, haha. The unfortunate thing is, it wore protectorate armor once aboard my ship... And I don't really see any way to tell the game to ONLY give cat crew members hider armor.

For another thing...
    [​IMG]

Currently deciding how to implement this. I don't want to mess up anyone's current files by altering the base data, but I don't really know how I'd make a separate replacement mod, either.

9. BlueLeafeon

We are Siamese if you please~

10. BeckyRAT

BeckyRAT Astral Cartographer

Don't suppose you'd do a sphynx color for them...?X3 But this is awesome. Is the Steam version the full as well? I see it as v2.1 by the Admiral... is that not you?

11. BlueLeafeon

The pink color was supposed to be an attempt at a hairless cat, but it just didn't turn out that way. I might try to work with the colors later to make it look more like skin.

No, that's the original file. The one that inspired me to do more with it. You can see me asking for permission to update it on the comments section of that one. (I use the same name just about everywhere lol)

I want to upload this to steam, but I don't seem to have the steam packager thing despite all the tutorials saying I should have it. Nor do I really know how to get it. :(

12. BlueLeafeon

Emergency Lunar Base Mission Fix

13. BeckyRAT

14. baconsama25

baconsama25 Cosmic Narwhal

Any plans on making a race mod for dogs as well? (It would be pretty much sprite swapping and maybe changing objects, no? >.>)

15. BlueLeafeon

The biggest issue I have with this is needing to rename every single file. A major reason I never made a custom species before this is because I would download Skittles' Race Template mod, look at the sheer amount of renaming I'd have to do, and then promptly get overwhelmed by it. This is about 1-2 hours' worth of work, and you also have to edit all the instances of sktest inside the files too. The original creator of this mod already tackled the renaming part for me, thankfully, and all I had to do was do some error-proofing and change a few names they missed. (And then start on the actual modding part)

Otherwise, it shouldn't be too hard. Pinfriend does seem to have jumping frames, but it doesn't have any walking frames, so walking would likely look the same as running. I'll keep it in mind for the future, but for right now, I want to focus on getting this mod to perfection so that I can officially say "Done."

BeckyRAT likes this.
  16. BeckyRAT

Ookaaaay... I don't know what it is about this mod, but I crash trying to play the cat. Is there a mod conflict with any of my mods? Here's the steam list for all the mods I use. But yeah, I can't think of what the conflict would be. :/

17. BlueLeafeon

Attach your starbound.log file. I should be able to diagnose the problem with that.

Just make sure it's the one that recorded the crash.

Thank you for posting a bug report. I'll get to work on it as soon as I can figure out what the problem is. :)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  18. baconsama25

baconsama25 Cosmic Narwhal

Hey, I totally understand and agree with you, do take your time!

19. BeckyRAT

I had to do some digging, buuut... hopefully this will help.

Attached Files:

20. BlueLeafeon

*headtilt* You have a lot of broken items in there. Might want to contact the creators of the haxe and minigun items to let them know.

As for the error, it's not one I've seen before...and it kind of sounds like it's trying to generate a map based on 'cat'

Code:
    [12:14:11.481] [Info] UniverseServer: Client 'Mew' <1> (local) connected
    [12:14:11.490] [Info] UniverseClient: Joined server as client 1
    [12:14:11.553] [Info] UniverseServer: Loading client ship world ClientShipWorld:b2d45ae66cd45736fc28039eb49586fb
    [12:14:11.769] [Info] UniverseServer: Warping player 1 to ClientShipWorld:b2d45ae66cd45736fc28039eb49586fb
    [12:14:11.782] [Info] UniverseServer: Flying player 1 ship to starter world
    [12:14:11.783] [Info] Searching for new randomized starter world
    [12:14:12.867] [Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (MapException) Key 'cat' not found in Map::get()
    [0] 13f8d2273 Star::captureStack
    [1] 13f8d0f9e Star::StarException::StarException
    [2] 13f91a544 Star::MapMixin<std::unordered_map<Star::String,Star::AiDatabase::AiSpeciesParameters,Star::hash<Star::String,void>,std::equal_to<Star::String>,std::allocator<std::pair<Star::String const ,Star::AiDatabase::AiSpeciesParameters> > > >::get
    [3] 13f91b309 Star::AiDatabase::staticAnimation
    [4] 13ffe0ee5 Star::AiInterface::AiInterface
    [5] 14004a5d2 std::_Ref_count_obj<Star::AiInterface>::_Ref_count_obj<Star::AiInterface><std::shared_ptr<Star::UniverseClient> & __ptr64,std::shared_ptr<Star::Cinematic> & __ptr64,Star::RegisteredPaneManager<enum Star::MainInterfacePanes> * __ptr64>
    [6] 14004ef6b std::make_shared<Star::AiInterface,std::shared_ptr<Star::UniverseClient> & __ptr64,std::shared_ptr<Star::Cinematic> & __ptr64,Star::RegisteredPaneManager<enum Star::MainInterfacePanes> * __ptr64>
    [7] 140051e8f Star::MainInterface::MainInterface
    [8] 13f809cf6 std::_Ref_count_obj<Star::MainInterface>::_Ref_count_obj<Star::MainInterface><std::shared_ptr<Star::UniverseClient> & __ptr64,std::shared_ptr<Star::WorldPainter> & __ptr64,std::shared_ptr<Star::Cinematic> & __ptr64>
    [9] 13f80e6ab std::make_shared<Star::MainInterface,std::shared_ptr<Star::UniverseClient> & __ptr64,std::shared_ptr<Star::WorldPainter> & __ptr64,std::shared_ptr<Star::Cinematic> & __ptr64>
    [10] 13f816e39 Star::ClientApplication::changeState
    [11] 13f81edcf Star::ClientApplication::updateTitle
    [12] 13f81c693 Star::ClientApplication::update
    [13] 13ff60251 Star::SdlPlatform::run
    [14] 13ff6040d Star::runMainApplication
    [15] 13f81f7b6 WinMain
    [16] 140141c73 __scrt_common_main_seh
    [17] 76ad652d BaseThreadInitThunk
    [18] 76d0c521 RtlUserThreadStart

Also, what version of starbound are you playing on? Stable? Nightly?

I'm going to attach a file for you to try...if that doesn't work, I might have to make a topic about it and see what other people think. I really don't think it's a problem with my file (unless it's the dungeons I tried to spawn in, but that sounds like you never even made it to a planet's orbit.) but I still want to see if I can achieve compatibility with whatever this is...

EDIT: I have been trying to replicate the error but have thus far had no luck. Doesn't seem to be caused by frackin universe, and I removed my Single Starting World template to see if something in the way the base game takes you to random planets changed... but nothing yet. I even played through the intro... Hm.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016