1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED God Dame Critter Capture 0.7

Catch critters with a bug net and use them as decoration!

1. Superepicgecko

Superepicgecko Space Penguin Leader

Superepicgecko submitted a new mod:

God Dame Critter Capture - Catch critters with a bug net and use them as decoration!

Read more about this mod...

Crusism likes this.
  2. Assassin001rus

Assassin001rus Void-Bound Voyager

change the download link

3. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Which critters are catchable? I tried to catch a cute little waddling gasmask thing on a Toxic planet, and it just got killed instead.

Crusism likes this.
  4. Crusism

Crusism Big Damn Hero

I really like how that there are animations for the displays and that the net was to be crafted where I exactly knew it belonged (it's pretty neat that the 'captured' furniture pop out of nowhere as you kill the critters with your net too!).

Though, Question: why is all the 'captured' furniture craftable by hand (i.e. just pressing 'C') for 100 million pixels each? X'D

Is this a glitch or is it meant to test the furniture?

Also, I can't tell if this is a joke or a glitch; is the 'Captured Snail' meant to have no animation?

I do agree with Mooncalf though as I'm just randomly swinging my net at whichever critter I see. A list would help a lot! X'D

5. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

I'm assuming the net actually incorporates a very specialized pixel printer, since it can also create glass jars around bugs. ;)

6. Utkudakid

Utkudakid Subatomic Cosmonaut

Those are actually hermit crabs in hazmat hats.

Crusism likes this.
  7. Superepicgecko

The uh... nets have been improved with... furniture generators. Yes.

The captured snail SHOULD have an animation. I'll add that to my list of stuff to fix.

As for a list of captureable critters:

001.png
    The reason there are relatively few is because it is an EXTREMELY ARDUOUS process to make a single critter capturable.

Mooncalf99 and Crusism like this.
  8. Superepicgecko

Why?

9. Crusism

Crusism Big Damn Hero

Hmm... Would there be a way to avoid them being revealed (via 'C' I mean)?

Further expansion of this mod might eventually clutter if this stays and, if I decide to copy all my mods for my friends, I can imagine them going "wtf" when they see all of the captured critters craftables. X''D

Superepicgecko likes this.
  10. Superepicgecko

Yeah I can totally do that. Quick question - are you in or have you been in admin mode when these are available, or is it there normally?

Crusism likes this.
  11. Crusism

Crusism Big Damn Hero

Only Admin Mode.
    The captured critters craftables don't appear when normally playing.

Superepicgecko likes this.
  12. Superepicgecko

They are useful for testing, but I can remove them. I usually just spawn stuff in when I need to test it with a command anyway.

Crusism likes this.
  13. Crusism

Crusism Big Damn Hero

In that case, would it be a good idea to make a makeshift workbench to keep them in for testing? I think the testing would be good for those using the mod as well to just check if the stuff's workin'. X'D

Maybe the foraging table where the bug net is?

14. mikeloeven

mikeloeven Big Damn Hero

Is it possible to add a function to your mod that makes any critters brought to your ship using a re-locator immune from accidental damage. Love the concept but want them to be able to wander around the ship freely instead of trapped in a display case