1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Smart Tubes 1.2.5

The smart way to transfer items around in Starbound

1. nickc01

nickc01 Phantasmal Quasar

nickc01 submitted a new mod:

Smart Tubes - An all new way to transfer items around in Starbound

Read more about this mod...

2. thaelina

thaelina Big Damn Hero

So the only reason I use steambound is for the piping system. I'm going to be playing with this tomorrow when I get home from work. Quick question though, are the tubes background tiles or foreground? Or are they objects?

3. nickc01

The pipes are non collidable objects, with the exception of their platform variants which behave like platforms.

4. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

ya steambound has something like this but is diffrent as well but they both could posably be used at the same time going to try that now.

5. nickc01

nickc01 updated Smart Tubes with a new update entry:

Speed And Stack Upgrades

Read the rest of this update entry...

6. fernworrier

quick question would this work with the machines in fracken universe? example being like pulling cobblestone from a chest into an extractor then the raw minerals into another chest?

7. nickc01

Yep, just make sure that you are extracting from and inserting into the right slots

You can set it to import into the first three slots in the extractor and take items from the last nine slots.

8. fernworrier

yay now i can work on my automation of resources!

9. nickc01

10. ralord

ralord Void-Bound Voyager

How do I unlock the recipes? I know its made in the tier 2+ furnace but what Item unlocks the recipes exactly, cause so far I can only see them in admin mode.

11. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

The recipe unlocks still need to be added either through a player.config.patch or as unlocks upon item/object pickup.

12. nickc01

Oh shoot, forgot to fix that, I"ll quickly fix that now

13. nickc01

14. ralord

ralord Void-Bound Voyager

15. nickc01

I'll be pushing another update soon with the fix, I apparently made a typo in the insertion conduits recipe config

16. nickc01

17. fernworrier

stupid question for your new update can the tubes be done in an arch? i ask because of wanting to make a silly rainbow room now.

18. nickc01

19. nickc01

You mean having item conduits that have large curves, no, not currently, but I"m open to ideas, so it could be implemented

Currently I"m going to be taking a break from the frequent updates and instead going to get some new content developed for a big 1.0 release

20. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal