Building/Ship Flying Fortress Custom Ship Check it out!

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by Kara G, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Kara G

Kara G Phantasmal Quasar

If you hold left control and use your mousewheel you can zoom in windows. ;)

wanted to share my latest Starbound project with you, my U.S.C.M. flying fortress!
    Big thank you to Amber for her "BYOS - Build Your Own Ship" Mod!
    If anyone's bored enough, you can just give me a shout on steam to see it in game. My steam name is Karavel,
    I'd be happy to give a tour! Hope you like it! :)

Other than this being a custom ship via a mod, everything in it is vanilla Starbound, no other mods.
    Everything is wired, there are probably over 1000 wires here. The ship is Automated, Alarmed, Lighted, Protected, Guarded, and even Vented with air ducts lol.

Ship.jpg 20160910164749_1.jpg 20160910165001_1.jpg 20160910165235_1.jpg 20160910165334_1.jpg 20160910165420_1.jpg View attachment 164028 View attachment 164029 View attachment 164030 View attachment 164031 View attachment 164032 View attachment 164033
    View attachment 164017

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  2. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

That is crazy big! Well done!

3. Nalano

Nalano Big Damn Hero

Floran thinksss ship is compensssating for sssomething.

4. Kara G

Kara G Phantasmal Quasar

Compensating indeed! That's what we humans do! ;)

5. Mauci

Mauci Poptop Tamer

That is massive!! Lots of work, really good job! Plenty of details :D

6. Mjollna

Mjollna Phantasmal Quasar

Wow I love it, great work !

7. Mariel141

Mariel141 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Very impressive! I love all the little details.

8. RedPanda_Warrior

RedPanda_Warrior Star Wrangler

This is so cool! What mod did you use? There are a lot of custom ship mods out there.

9. Kara G

Kara G Phantasmal Quasar

Thank you! I used BYOS - Build Your Own Ship mod! through Steam workshop

10. Kara G

Kara G Phantasmal Quasar

Thank you all so much for checking it out! I had to get it out of my system to build something huge! No doubt it will constantly change as new content patches are released!
    There are many details where wiring is used aswell, the captains room is locked via a 9 button lock combination, as well as the 10 various elevators, 3 of which are heavily wired. The engine rooms have counters in them which basically gives them a neat active computer look as well as make the electric doors I put inside the engines pulse on and off in wild patterns. The whole ship is alarmed, doors can be locked, turrets activated. Swimming pool has a retractable roof lol. Various rooms have unique lighting conditions like the Navigation and dance room. Secret switch in my captain's quarters with the 9 button lock that deactivates the trap guarding the "museum" like room, as well as a switch that locks the costume room and opens both an alternate escapeway, and the costume room to the captains quarters. So much stuff lol. Did I mention there are three teleporters haha. Pretty happy with it ;)

Like I said if anyone's bored give me a holler Can share the ship in game, be more than happy to!
    Probably going to start a giant planet based building sometime down the road, we'll see. Thanks again guys!

11. MetalArrow

MetalArrow Subatomic Cosmonaut

I just peed a little.

12. RedPanda_Warrior

I'm working on building something like this.... With BYOS. But it's more of an ark.

13. RedPanda_Warrior

Does it have a lockdown emergency security system?

14. Kara G

Kara G Phantasmal Quasar

Yes, the doors leading to the outside lock from inside, can only be opened from inside, turrets are also armed as a result, and the alarms all over the ship can be turned on from either of two switches, one in the bridge or from the security room!

15. HarmonicRev

HarmonicRev Subatomic Cosmonaut

Looking at your ship makes me wish I had talent to build things that look decent.

Seriously though, it's amazing!

RedPanda_Warrior likes this.
  16. RedPanda_Warrior

It got fixed, everything's back.

17. RedPanda_Warrior

Oh that makes my security system shameful. It only turns on alarms on part if the ship, bad turns off some lights.

18. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Wow is all I can say. I hope to be able to build such cool things someday.

19. Kara G

Kara G Phantasmal Quasar

Thank you guys! Anyone can build fun stuff, it is mostly the time you have to put into it! I think once you brainstorm what type of project you want to make, the biggest factor is planning the size and layout of the project.

For example when I started this ship I laid the bottom layer horizontally and tried to count how big a typical room size I wanted was in block count, once that was laid out I tried to figure out how high I wanted it, as it being a ship I wanted it to be long but not so wide that it looks funky or loses its shape as a ship.

After the outside frame is laid out it's must easier to fill in and adjust the rest with rooms and such, I actually planned out on paper what major types of rooms a ship has to have like a sickbay etc. But if you do not build the frame large enough to fit your needs ahead of time, you will find it hard to squeeze and move things around after, def not fun to have to remove blocks and place them all over again.

Thanks guys

20. nomad ninga

nomad ninga Star Wrangler

like how you can leave the ship