1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Aerondight - The Witcher 1.6

Adds the sword "Aerondight" from the Witcher games!

1. BeazelWeasel

BeazelWeasel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

BeazelWeasel submitted a new mod:

Aerondight - The Witcher - Adds the sword "Aerondight" from the Witcher games!

Read more about this mod...

2. BeazelWeasel

3. BeazelWeasel

4. BeazelWeasel

5. BeazelWeasel

6. nuker19

nuker19 Space Kumquat

If you have not thought of it:
    Quen: vanilla sword skill parry with high block hp
    Axii: confusion effect, its in the code somewhere, causes npcs to flee from you

7. BeazelWeasel

I thought about it, but I wanted Quen to be more of a passive effect, like the elemetal auras but this one shielded/reduced damage instead.
    As for Axii, I thought about using the Timepierce alt to mimick a 'stun' effect, but that enables you to attack the enemy (Timepierce doesn't), and also with a different animaton. Thought about giving it some range by copying the way Evil Eye "shocks" enemies from a distance.
    All in all, it's a messy scavenging job, reappropriating vanilla assets that would require custom animation files, if not new lua scripts - and frankly I don't know if I'm capable of that ;_;

8. BeazelWeasel

BeazelWeasel updated Aerondight - The Witcher with a new update entry:

Armor!

Read the rest of this update entry...

9. nuker19

nuker19 Space Kumquat

I gotta ask my man, would you be willing to do a couple custom weapons?

10. BeazelWeasel

Well, if you're talking about custom abilities and whatnot, not sure I'm the best man for that.
    Determination for having somewhat fleshed out Witcher mod content for this game is what drove me; I just nipped various bits of code from existing weapons, and also not a single gun at that, only melee. Took me a number of hours to figure out all that stuff.
    Also a little worn out from doing the new armor, painting roughly 120 frames is kind of tiresome.
    But if you're talking about art, I can try.

11. nuker19

nuker19 Space Kumquat

I honestly just want a shovel with sword attacks i can whack people with and do the uppercut swing, maybe an shasqua sword with crazy fast attack speed and the one special where you flail all over and fly up in the air

12. BeazelWeasel

Alright, got the shovel so far

Managed to get metal impact sounds taken from the frying pan/folding chair weapons :p
    It's fully functional already, just want to know if you have any specifics requests ( rarity, name, description, item level ) before I upload it
    Will work on the sword a bit later or maybe tomorrow

Attached Files:

13. nuker19

nuker19 Space Kumquat

For the shovel: just a really strong uppercut, maybe gove it the astetic look of making dirt and rocks fly all over, as for rarity make it purple tier, item level... hmm how about mid range? 5-7ish? As for a description "no chilvary here sorry", also can you give it an attack rate of 1.50?

By the way thanks for doing this

14. BeazelWeasel

Making custom particles is kinda beyond my capabilities, I'm afraid, so right now it's the same as a broadsword swing.
    Also, broadsword attack rates are kinda complicated; the actual attack rate in the weapon file ( and shown in the weapon tooltip ) is the pause between each 3-attack combo, and not the timing in between the individual attacks of a combo.
    For reference, all broadswords in the game have the same combo timing, the Solus Katana being the only exception. I used the Solus Katana's specifications to allow my Aerondight to swing faster.
    Which exactly do you want changed?

Also, go on ahead and tell me specifics for the sword for when I get around to it :p

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  15. nuker19

nuker19 Space Kumquat

I just want a sluggish swinging shovel with heavy knockback and a meanstreak, i just like the uppercut slash for the sword cause of devil may cry

16. DarkBirdo

DarkBirdo Phantasmal Quasar

The emblems for the other three schools could also be available, not?

17. BeazelWeasel

@nuker19

Here it is:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/shovel-shasqua-sword.4215/

@DarkBirdo
    One day, maybe. I thought about adding one armor from each of the schools, with the statues for each of them, but it took me a little over a week using most of my free time to finish the simple Kaer Morhen armor, which itself is a re-paint of an existing armor, with small modifications.
    Armors are a monumental amount of work, requiring 114 individual frames to be hand painted, if I recall correctly, so it kinda tired me out. I had planned to make Ciri's Zirael sword and her clothes, too, in order to have some lady flair in my Witcher mod, but by the end I was exhausted. Having them dyable would have been even more work.
    The Wolf head statue itself also took several hours and iterations even when I had a side-by-side comparison with the official medallion art. The other medallions don't have that luxury except for small pictures in the game manual, and not even all of them - like Bear and Manticore - which I'd have to rely on screenshots from the treasure hunting missions in Witcher 3, or crappy close ups from the sword pommels.
    So can't really say when I might get around to it. :p

18. DarkBirdo

DarkBirdo Phantasmal Quasar

I see, take your time, it is yours.