1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Troll Race Mod(updated) SB v1.1.1 Mod v0.9

The Troll race from Homestuck

1. MasterChaos

MasterChaos Subatomic Cosmonaut

MasterChaos submitted a new mod:

Troll Race Mod(updated) - The Troll race from Homestuck

Read more about this mod...

2. Presios Saiyan

Presios Saiyan Giant Laser Beams

Cool! Now you got it updated! I hope this mod dose not die a just death otherwise i would take it over and call me hussie!

Plus, is there is a workshop version of this?

Edit: didn't really fucking work my life is ruined because i have xbawks workshop ver installed into my starbound and it didn't really fuckin' work just fix it and now i can play this

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  3. MasterChaos

I personally am not a fan of the workshop. Though I don't understand why having the workshop version of Kawa's mod would affect anything. It is the same version, they were updated at the same time. It even says on the workshop page that you can use files from here on the Chucklefish site.

When you say it didn't work, what do you mean? Did the race show up in the selection menu? Does the game crash? What? Make sure you installed it correctly. You extract the "Terramines Troll Race Mod" folder from the RAR file and place it in [Steam directory]\SteamApps\common\Starbound\mods directory. Also make sure your Starbound version is 1.1.1, as I'm pretty sure it won't work for earlier versions.

4. Presios Saiyan

Well, as soon as i put the mod in the mods folder, instead of it loads up, it just quits out. Like the mod never detect the race extender. And it fuc*in sucks because it did not work.

Edit: My bad it was the Nepeta mod that was causing the conflict. My bad, but i have a Suggestion: Will you have more hemospectrum blood colors like in F1rst4rt's Hemospectrum blood chart? Because that would be more awesome.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  5. MasterChaos

Yeah you should always consider conflicts with other mods. Also I don't know if you can or not, but could you consider editing your review or re-reviewing? I mean if I had uploaded a broken mod your complain would've been perfectly understandable. Bust since it was a misunderstanding mind helpin a guy out?

In regards to the blood colors, I dunno. I mean it already comes close by having a few of the colors from each part of the spectrum. Plus I kinda disagree with them on what the "lime" color looks like. It's somewhat obvious that it should look like Calliope's blood color. Since Karkat's "mutant" blood is the same color as Caliborn's, and the whole extinction of the limebloods happened only on Alternia which was the version of the Troll species that was shaped by Caliborn. He hates his sister, so it makes sense that when he got hands on something she was a fan of, he would twist it with his own vision and would particularly want to kill off the 1 blood color that is identical to his sister's. Calliope even roleplayed/headcanoned herself as a limeblood. Usually when she expresses her creativity, it's pretty spot on with the actual reality even if she had never seen the thing she headcanons about. She knew what Dirk's outfit looked like despite never having seen it before. so I wouldn't be surprised if she instinctively knew that her own blood color was the same hue as the extinct limebloods.

6. MasterChaos

I want to make a Cherub race really. I love the Cherub race more than the Troll race actually. It'd be wonderful to even make it fit storywise/lorewise with making it so you don't even have a ship. You would rely on semi-headcanoned Cherub technology for handling stuff like deciding where you would want to travel to planetwise. But rather than a ship your character would have to predominate and grow their cherub wings and then they'd be able to FLY through space.

7. Presios Saiyan

I know. But i should edit me review now.

And yes, i think i like the hemospectrum chart more than the darker version of 'lime' in there. Yes it could be the that the powers are no longer present in the ancesters of the limeblood. But to other colors, i think it should fit in nicely, considering the darker lime version threw me off slightly. A cherub race would be so awesome.

I think it will be a very good race idea for the cherubs, i bet i can rate it 5/5. ^^ Plus, i love Callope more than Callborn because she's so sweet. And she's the Muse of Space, duh!

8. MasterChaos

Heh well Caliborn WAS designed to be the Big Bad/Main Villain of the series. You're supposed to have a bit of a distaste for him. Whereas Calliope is the exact opposite of him, so of course she'd be the loveliest little angel in the entire series.

9. FearfulFloof

FearfulFloof Scruffy Nerf-Herder

why not? it would help people like me who often forget to check for mod updates get the updates automatically as they're uploaded

10. MasterChaos

Everything in life is not about easy. Life is actually quite hard no matter what you do. In regards to memory, it degrades the less you use it. The more you try to rely on it, the better you get at remembering stuff. We started becoming so forgetful the day we invented notes. Because we could just write down whatever we needed to remember. So I'd be doing you a bigger favor by helping you improve your memory by forcing you to actually have to rely on it. Or hey you know. You could always spite me and just start taking notes of this stuff. There are both physical as well digital sticky notes, as well text files.

As for why I don't like the workshop, just look at how they handled Fallout 4 and Bethesda. Gabe f*cked them over and the solution for stolen mods on the workshop was just to link purchased copies to uploading from the creation kit. Despite that not at all having anything to do with people uploading stolen content. I'm sure it made access a little harder but I hardly doubt it's solved the bulk of the problem.

There's plenty of examples to show the corruption and crappy service behind steam in general. People just love it because it's easy access and has a lot of price deals. The rest, in a lot of cases are just FORCED to deal with it. But since I'm at least not forced to deal with the workshop in this case, I'm gonna take the out and keep my stuff here.

Just be glad I'm actually going to keep it updated and add new content to it. Imo.

lazarus78 likes this.
  11. FearfulFloof

FearfulFloof Scruffy Nerf-Herder

to each their own, i guess. as long as it remains free and easy to use the workshop, i'll continue to use it for the majority of the mods i install.

that said, i've been waiting for an updated/current homestuck troll race mod for some time now and i have a few personal friends who would be quite happy to install this as well, so i'm gonna bookmark this mod so i can find it easier later on and try to check on it for updates every now and then because i think it'll be worth it.

also, i'll be very glad that you plan to keep it updated and add new content to it, unlike the other homestuck mods i've seen get dropped after a little while.

12. MasterChaos

Well I mean of course the workshop WORKS, like it's not broken or anything. It's just a subjective principle thing. It's just as easy and free to get it here or on the Nexus. Also I might look into incorporating Nexus uploads because if you have the Nexus Mod Manager it also can inform you of mod updates and might be able to download them automatically depending on how you configure it. So there's still the possibility. It's more so just my personal vendetta against the workshop than it is anything to do with that tangent about memory. That was more of an extra excuse lol

Oh trust me I know. I even said in the credits section that this is a highly beloved mod by many. I know lots of people have been waiting for something like this. Plus I was one of them :p

Well it's understandable really, you know? I mean sometimes modders just have bigger eyes than their ambitions. Or something in their life comes up and halts mod progress. It's the same way in the art community. Some can manage to run a marathon with it, others not so much.

13. MasterChaos

MasterChaos updated Troll Race Mod(updated) with a new update entry:

Small Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

Presios Saiyan likes this.
  14. Presios Saiyan

I found a bug in the mod: After reparing my FTL drive on my Troll's ship, i beamed up to my ship and never got into my ship. So it took a long time. So i never got into my repaired ship and just stuck at the beaming screen. Mind if you can fix that bug?

15. MasterChaos

Definitely a game breaking bug. I'll look into it.

16. MasterChaos

I can confirm that it's something wrong with my mod. I started a new game and enabled godmode and rushed through everything just to get to the point you're talking about and low and behold trying to teleport to the repaired ship just results in an endless teleportation loop. Looking in the games files I can't exactly tell what's causing it though. The files for the ship tiers seem to have everything set correctly.

I'll keep looking but this is confusing.

17. Presios Saiyan

Okay, i knew i was right! It was a bug all along. But link your log. file to the error and trace the problem to the source and squish the bug! With your Wrinklefu*ker in hand!

18. MasterChaos

Guess what? Fixed the problem. I actually totally spaced the log file because I usually have a good intuition about what causes the issue. But this time it was a file that was missing from DrPvtSkittle's Race Template Mod. They didn't add the ship's boosters. I will upload the updated file and inform them immediately.

19. MasterChaos

MasterChaos updated Troll Race Mod(updated) with a new update entry:

Another Small Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

20. Presios Saiyan

Nice! Thank you for fixing the bug! ^^