Modding Help What's currently the best way to add music?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by TheNextDecade, Sep 25, 2016.

1. TheNextDecade

TheNextDecade Phantasmal Quasar

From my experience, the easyABC converter turns MIDI files into abominations (even simple ones, like Whistle Concert), and Starbound Composer is horribly outdated. What's the current best way for making ABC music specifically for Starbound?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  2. Crusism

Crusism Big Damn Hero

Search for a jar called 'LotroMidiPlayer-1.1.0.5'. I've been turning all my MIDI files into separate ABCs for band play. It's easy to use and has a built-in player with a list to select which 'instrument' in the MIDI you want removed or left on.

3. TheNextDecade

Could you send me a link to download it? The one thing I found has all the links in broken state, and Maestro doesn't work, and I don't want to install a crappier Java just to run it.

4. Crusism

Crusism Big Damn Hero

Hmm... Not sure what you do mean by needing to install a 'crappier' Java; my latest Java can run both Maestro and LotroMidiPlayer-1.1.0.5 so I'm unsure what you're referring to.

Anyhow, I've placed my copy of LotroMidiPlayer-1.1.0.5 into a .zip file and attached it here; let me know if you can download it and use it!

Also, if you can use it, please do share it 'round for others interested too! :)

Attached Files:

TheNextDecade likes this.
  5. TheNextDecade

What I mean by "crappier" is that it seems like it can't work with 64 bit java. I didn't want to install 32 bit just to run this.

But anyway, thanks a million!

Crusism likes this.