1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Weapon Megapack 1.32.1

Brings back weapons from pre-1.0 versions.

1. apinanaivot

apinanaivot Cosmic Narwhal

apinanaivot submitted a new mod:

Weapon Megapack - Brings back weapons from pre-1.0 versions.

Read more about this mod...

Crusism likes this.
  2. apinanaivot

3. SentientSupper

SentientSupper Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've found a bug in this mod that needs fixing.
    If you have a look at the sword parts, you'll notice that some of the parts are missing. This can result in a sword not having a blade or a handle. (I know because I happen to be working on the exact same thing this mod does, I paused because I had to figure out a way for the weapons to shoot projectiles)
    Some of the weapons (such as the bone hammer) should use their own sword swooshes.
    The mod description is kinda misleading as the mod doesn't add "hundreds of new unique weapons".
    The animations of the broadswords are really off too and I suggest fixing them.

It also appears that the procedurally generated weapons are missing a .weaponcolors file, so I'll attach it here.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  4. apinanaivot

Thanks for pointing that out, i fixed it now.
    I am not sure how to make the weapons use their own swooshes and projectiles, but i'll try to figure it out.

5. apinanaivot

6. SentientSupper

SentientSupper Scruffy Nerf-Herder

One thing.
    My mod does not edit the melee treasurepools, so your weapons should spawn in chests with no problems.

7. apinanaivot

It does replace some biome treasurepools, like the bones biome, which my mod adds new weapons to.

8. limitdistortion

limitdistortion Phantasmal Quasar

beaut. Didn't know that their were more then the few I had seen.:3

9. Crusism

Crusism Big Damn Hero

Question: Does this mod affect the functionality or/and stats of the vanilla Starbound weapon types or any specific weapon at all of vanilla Starbound?

I would love more weapon types and more stylised weapon appearances, but I like the current Starbound weapons as the way they are, and I am slightly worried of having them modified... =)

10. apinanaivot

This mod does not have any impact on the vanilla weapons. It only adds new ones.

Crusism likes this.
  11. Crusism

Crusism Big Damn Hero

Thanks for letting me know. =)

Though, I'd like to ask if there are any spawn commands; having ravished 6 planets already, I'm not finding any so I'm starting to think dropping it into my mods folder wasn't enough. X'D

12. apinanaivot

You have to go to undiscovered areas on the galatic map to find these weapons. All the spawn commands are listed here: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/771804741/343787920122070210/

Crusism likes this.
  13. apinanaivot

apinanaivot updated Weapon Megapack with a new update entry:

1.17 - 9 new updates

Read the rest of this update entry...

Crusism likes this.
  14. Crusism

Crusism Big Damn Hero

Thank you for letting me know... =)

I have just explored and generated new planets; found em'! That along with spawning each of them for testing, they're very nostalgic... =D

Though,
    I found something that may have been an overlook or that may be only on my end: my character is not holding certain weapons right (i.e. my character's hand and the weapon's handle is off tangent and out of place; e.g. the shortsword would float in the middle or at the end of the attack animation combo, my character's hands are holding the broadsword's guard, the shortsword is held on my character's wrists instead of my character's hands, etc.) - specifically the shortswords and broadswords.

Examples of 'off tangent' wielding
    Untitled.png

When I realised of this 'off tangent' wielding,
    I immediately spawned and tested all weapon types in search of 'off tangent' wielding (i.e. whichever weapon that wasn't held on the weapon's handle by my character's hands); here is a list of the weapons types (all shortswords and broadswords, it seems?) that I have found to be wielded 'off tangent'.
    • Apex Broadsword
    • Mushroom Sword
    • Cell Shade
    • Bone Sword
    • Aviansword (Avian Shortsword)
    • Ancient Shortsword
    • Ancient Broadsword
    Please do let me know if this oddity is on my end. ><

Alfretron and LelandPalmer like this.
  15. apinanaivot

16. apinanaivot

17. PotatoSS2

PotatoSS2 Yeah, You!

18. ComatosePhoenix

ComatosePhoenix Phantasmal Quasar

I have found like 20 hackman's since installing this mod. This is only really an issue because hackman's are legendary and have an absurd value.
    Would it be possible to restore the hackman back to what it was? A unique weapon that could only be found in crystal biomes?

19. apinanaivot

20. apinanaivot