RELEASED Cooking Skill 1.1.6

Improve cooking a bit.

1. spacechase0

spacechase0 Ketchup Robot

spacechase0 submitted a new mod:

Cooking Skill - Improve cooking a bit.

Read more about this mod...

Davrial, IronZelly, WARBANDIT and 2 others like this.
    • Valamyr82

Valamyr82 Void-Bound Voyager

Good idea, but I'm not sure if it still works in 1.1?

• spacechase0

Not yet, no.

• Tetracell

Tetracell Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ok, makes sense why the game dumped when I tried to look at the skill window. Will definitely be using this as soon as you have it working with 1.1

ninsect likes this.
          • Xarallon

Xarallon Void-Bound Voyager

I hope this mod gets updated. I even got some suggestions for names if that's still a problem:
            Level 10: Intense_Flavours - Food buffs are one level stronger once eaten

Level 10: Secret_Spices - Provides a few random buffs when eating unbuffed food

• Jokerine

Jokerine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I really hope this gets updated! :)

• spacechase0

Thvar likes this.
              • Jokerine

Jokerine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Legendary <3

• GSPU

GSPU Phantasmal Quasar

Alright, game plays just fine with latest version (With the three mod combination), but I'm getting this on the console while playing:

[12:28:24.722 AM] An exception occured in XNA UpdateTick: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                  at CookingSkill.CookingSkillMod.update(Object sender, EventArgs args) in C:\Users\space\Desktop\SDV-Mods\CookingSkill\CookingSkill\CookingSkillMod.cs:line 234
                  at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender,

The rest wasn't copied right as it was spamming it and crashed before getting a chance to do so. I'll post again to see what was going on.

• spacechase0

• Gigadroid

Gigadroid Void-Bound Voyager

@spacechase0, using All Professions here. Is it possible to change the skill Level 10: Secret Spices - Provides a few random buffs when eating unbuffed food to something else? This is because food buffs do not stack and eating a food will replace the old buffs. So for example I eat a Pumpkin Soup with +2 luck and I run out of energy again. I can't eat an unbuffed food in case it buffs and replaces the +2 luck. Perhaps change it to stackable food buffs instead? Cheers

• spacechase0

I won't make the unbuffed foods stack, since you could just eat a bunch of unbuffed and get every buff or something silly like that. However it should be simple to make it not do random buffs if you already have a food buff applied.

Gigadroid likes this.
                      • Gigadroid

GAH you're right I didn't even think of that. That little tweak to check for existing buffs would be greatly appreciated! Btw, I've been scouring the web for a stackable buffs mod but to no avail. Is it hard coded into the game?

• spacechase0

I'm not, what do you mean by stackable buffs?

• Gigadroid

Stackable buffs as in eating foods with different buffs can stack the duration and magnitude (to a configurable limit perhaps).

• Thvar

Thvar Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, it seems like there's a bug where the mod assumes that the folder it's in is CookingSkill (for loading icon purposes). Not a big deal, but fyi. Error below:

[11:45:02.812 PM] [CookingSkill] Failed to load icon: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Thvar\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Mods\CookingSkill\iconA.png'.
                              at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
                              at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
                              at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
                              at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode)
                              at CookingSkill.CookingSkillMod.gameLoaded(Object sender, EventArgs args) in C:\Users\space\Desktop\SDV-Mods\CookingSkill\CookingSkill\CookingSkillMod.cs:line 204

• Thvar

Thvar Void-Bound Voyager

When I put cooked food in a chest, it reverts to pre-cooking skill levels of energy and health restoration.

• Naesaki

Naesaki Void-Bound Voyager

By the way on the skills menu it shows a Dice and refers to the cooking skill as luck and when I got to rank 5 and selected gourmet, when I hover over the skill in the menu its read as Desperado? o__O

• crymblade

crymblade Void-Bound Voyager

Seems like you need to put in an Icon for the skills page for this mod to work with SMAPI 1.0

System.ArgumentNullException: The GraphicsDevice must not be null when creating new resources.
                                    Parameter name: graphicsDevice
                                    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D.CreateTexture(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Int32 width, Int32 height, Boolean mipMap, UInt32 usage, _D3DPOOL pool, SurfaceFormat format)
                                    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D..ctor(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Int32 width, Int32 height)
                                    at CookingSkill.CookingSkillMod.gameLoaded(Object sender, EventArgs args) in C:\Users\space\Desktop\SDV-Mods\CookingSkill\CookingSkill\CookingSkillMod.cs:line 210
                                    at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                                    at StardewModdingAPI.Events.GameEvents.InvokeGameLoaded() in D:\source\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Events\GameEvents.cs:line 51
                                    at StardewModdingAPI.Program.<>c.<StartGame>b__13_1() in D:\source\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Program.cs:line 203
                                    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
                                    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
                                    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
                                    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
                                    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

• spacechase0