How to make trees and plants not spawn (tide map editor)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by darius9008, Oct 1, 2016.

1. darius9008

darius9008 Lucky Number 13

hey guys so I am in the tide map editor and I am trying to edit the default farm map and I wanted to make a little river so after I was done I loaded it up and it worked except for one thing, that was trees and bushes and stuff was growing in the river! I put the properties on all the tiles like NoSpawn Tree and that didn't work so I tried NoSpawn ALL but that didn't work either. So can you guys help what property do I need so things won't grow on it, Thanks!

• Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

I have had the same problem on a few map edits. They don't show up in tIDE, just on the map itself. Some are hardcoded and (hopefully) Farmhand will be able to fix this. 1.1 releases Monday so hoping Farmhand is not far behind.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Have you removed the objects from the Paths layer? A lot of things are spawned in from tile instructions on that layer.

• gobbldygook

gobbldygook Void-Bound Voyager

I edited the Combat map to move the lake from the center, and had the same problem with grass/rocks/trees spawning over the lake's new position (and nothing spawning where the lake used to be). I did delete everything on the Paths layer at the lake's new location and added things to where the lake used to be - but that didn't seem to change where anything spawned. So I think that's something that would have to be changed with a SMAPI mod? though I have no idea where to start on that front...

• darius9008

darius9008 Lucky Number 13

what is farmhand

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Was this on a pre-existing save? As preventing spawning has no effect if the objects are already there.

• gobbldygook

gobbldygook Void-Bound Voyager

oh my goodness, yes, that was it! Should have been obvious, I suppose. Thanks so much!!

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

No problem, it can be difficult to grasp what causes such things for people not as intimately familiar with how stardew works as some of us are.

gobbldygook likes this.