RELEASED [SMAPI]MoreRain Mod!

Discussion in 'Cheats' started by zipy199522, Mar 10, 2016.

1. zipy199522

zipy199522 Pangalactic Porcupine

About
    Ever feel like you need need a couple more rainy days? Never want to really water your crops? It hasn't rained for awhile? Look no further, MoreRain is here to save the day!

MoreRain is a mod developed to increase the chance for rain/lightning the next day via a config file included with the mod that holds a percent value for the chance to rain the next day. Want more rain, crank up the value! Want dryer weather? Turn down the number! Use it to help suit all of your rainy day needs/desires.

*Updated 10/14/16*

Requirements
    SMAPI 0.40.0 : http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/stardew-modding-api-0-40-0.108375/
    Mod Files : Get them HERE! (Nexus Download)
    Source Code: Here

Place the MoreRain folder and contents in your Stardew Valley/Mods folder and run the game!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
      WARBANDIT, Davrial, lezmis and 2 others like this.
    • Vitriks

Vitriks Space Spelunker

What are the default values? Should I change numbers inside your mod?

• zipy199522

The default values are 30% chance for rain, 10% chance for lightning. You can change these values all that you want!

• Vitriks

Vitriks Space Spelunker

{"RainChance":100,"ThunderChance":100} in the Config.json make no difference

• zipy199522

Hmm, I'll look into it. Also it looks like I accidentally uploaded my testing config file. I'll change that asap.

Also try changing RainChance:100 to RainChance :10 or something.
            That will give it a 10% chance to rain instead. It's worked for me so far.

Also what version of Storm are you using? It may be that I built MoreRain on an older version and I need to update it again.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
            • owlsomniac

owlsomniac Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Doesn't seem to be working for me, either. Though I'm new at this whole mod thing and the game in general, but my other mods are working fine.

What program do you use to change the config file values?

• zipy199522

Just should be some random generation nonsense. Basically if you type in a 70 the random number generation will generate a number 1~100. If the number is equal to or less than your number in Config.json, than it should be generating more rain. Maybe your RNG is unlucky? It shouldn't be working for just me though. I even updated to the most recent version of storm the other day and updated the mod....
                Can you tell me which mods you have installed? If you have any other mod that messes with rain generation, such as one of Zoryn's mods, then that would throw off the calculations for this mod as well.

• owlsomniac

owlsomniac Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Letting you know it's been working for me. Might have just been unlucky at first! I think it takes it a full 24 hours in game as well before it "kicks in" (once the old weather update is past, it starts going with the mod's rng modification). So yeah.

Recing this to a friend, too c: Good job with this. Simple but very effective! :D

• zipy199522

Hey everyone, I know that it's been forever and a year since I posted this mod, and only now in updating my mods that I realized that this mod was WAY outdated. I finally got around to updating it where it now will do the RNG for rain as long as the next day isn't a festival or wedding, and I've also rewrote a bunch of the code to be way cleaner and to make the config file for the mod reflect my newer style of config files for my mods. Go and grab it on the updated download link that will take you to Nexus. Have a good one!

• FoolB

FoolB Void-Bound Voyager

wait, how do i change it? I understand from the instruction in the text file that I change a number value for the chance of rain which is set default at 15 out of 100. I know how math works so I'm wanting to change it to a 50 out of 100 chance. (aka half chance) But where is that number value that I am supposed to change located? there are three items in the folder:
                      [​IMG]
                      am i supposed to open the manifest? or the stardew_more_rain file? And if so how do I open those? I dont have a program available to do so? Sorry I'm new here. :( and this is my first time using a mod.
                      I hope I'm being clear. If my question isn't clear I can try to rephrase and I apologize for any confusion. This really is my first time trying to use a game mod and I just dont know how I would edit anything. Thank you so much for your patience and thank you so much for this mod. It's been 15 in game days with no rain and I was so desperate for rain I sought out getting SMAPI and this mod!

• foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

@FoolB More_Rain_Config.txt is the file you should open. It should open with Notepad by default.
                        If that's not working, right-click and choose "Open With..", and then select Notepad or whatever text-editor you use.

• zipy199522

Yea just open up the More_Rain_Config file and there should be a numerical value there stating the percent amount. Change that value to whatever you want and that would be the % out of 100 that it would rain the next day. 100 means that it will always rain (minus festivals and weddings) and 0 means that it would never rain.

• ryusm92

ryusm92 Void-Bound Voyager

Playing it on 1.11 patch. I typed in 100 for storm and 0 for rain just to test if the mod works. I gave it a full 24 hour playthrough so that the mod can 'kick in', but it still said it will be a bright, sunny day. What am I doing wrong?

Attached Files:

• Koihime Nakamura

Koihime Nakamura Ketchup Robot

The TV isn't affected by the mod, IIRC. The mod actually writes weather *after* the TV triggers.

• zipy199522

Yea that's true and I probably should have mentioned that. Opps. Still I am surprised if/that this mod works on 1.1 because it shouldn't. I still have to update all 16 of my mods sometime between my midterms and classes, which I want to do soon. Please be patient with me for awhile everyone, as I'm not gone yet, just crazy busy/exhausted!

• Missus

Missus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Can't wait for this to be updated! I totally get your busy, so don't stress too much!

• zipy199522

Lol well wait no longer, as this mod is updated as of like 15 minutes ago! Have fun!

Missus likes this.
                                    • Fiain

Fiain Void-Bound Voyager

Doesn't seem it works - at least, I bumped it up to around 50% rain chance and haven't gotten any rain in the past week in stardew. I thought I had downloaded it properly, and SMAPI, too... Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

• discordkitty

discordkitty Void-Bound Voyager

Any idea what this is all about and how I can fix it?

Code:
                                        [23:24:51 WARN  SMAPI] The More_Rain mod failed on entry initialisation. It will still be loaded, but may not function correctly.
                                        System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
                                           at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
                                           at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
                                           at System.Convert.ToInt32(String value)
                                           at MoreRain.MoreRain.DataLoader()
                                           at MoreRain.MoreRain.Entry(Object[] objects)
                                           at StardewModdingAPI.Program.LoadMods() in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Program.cs:line 530

• FlowingSong

FlowingSong Void-Bound Voyager

etoo try deleting More_Rain_Config.txt
                                          then run smapi;
                                          it should generate a new More_Rain_Config.txt if you look in the mods folder again.
                                          then modify the new generated txt file to your preferrence and save then close smapi or the game then try running it again;

FS experienced that before apparently there's something wrong with the More_Rain_Config.txt that came with the mod, so no matter how many times you modify it, it won't work unless the game generates a new one. It worked for FS, hopefully it does for you too! Goodluck ne.

discordkitty likes this.