RELEASED [SMAPI] Chests Anywhere

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Aug 17, 2016.

1. fftljoe

fftljoe Space Penguin Leader

I was editing the chests anywhere config file to use it with the xbox controller, and it is working fine other than the fact that I cannot figure out a way to program the menu close with a controller.

anyone able to help?

this is the contents of its config file:

{
    "Keyboard": {
    "Toggle": "B",
    "PrevChest": "Left",
    "NextChest": "Right",
    "SortItems": ""
    },
    "Controller": {
    "Toggle": "LeftStick",
    "PrevChest": "DPadLeft",
    "NextChest": "DPadRight",
    "SortItems": ""
    },
    "CheckForUpdates": true
    }

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@fftljoe Pressing LeftStick when the menu is open should close it. Does that not work? (I don't have a controller, so I can't test it myself.)

• fftljoe

lol, I didn't even think to check that!

EDIT: no dice.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

JaiantPanda likes this.
        • fftljoe

Would that be somewhere in inputmapconfiguration?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Yep, that's part of it. Here's how the mod handles controller input:
            1. ChestsAnywhereMod::Entry reads config.json and starts listening for controller input. The controller bindings are stored as InputMapConfiguration<Buttons>, and any invalid button values are discarded.
            2. When a button is pressed:
              1. If the menu is not open, ChestsAnywhereMod::ReceiveKeyPress<Button> detects the hotkey and opens the Chests Anywhere menu. The config is passed in for the next step. This part works fine for both keyboards and controllers.
              2. If the menu is open, AccessChestMenu::ReceiveKey<Button> detects the hotkey and closes the menu. This part works fine with keyboards, but apparently doesn't work for controllers.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Version 1.5 beta 2 is now available (see attached). This fixes an issue where changing the zoom level made the new edit button unclickable (thanks @SpringsSong for reporting it!).

Early feedback and bug reports are welcome. Version 1.5 has been rescheduled for release tomorrow. :)

Attached Files:

• Littlegal2016

Littlegal2016 Big Damn Hero

I hope you can help me with this issue I am having. It happened twice so I'm not sure what to do. But every time I go down the cave I would use this mod but eventually the more i use this mod while in the caves the game would suddenly freeze and not respond at all until I will be forced to close the game.

I checked the error log and there seems to be an error with the 'chest everywhere' mod.

I uploaded the error log I got. Thank you in advance.

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @Littlegal2016. Your error happens when you click an inventory slot that's unavailable because you don't have the biggest backpack (one of the grayed out slots). That's fixed in tomorrow's 1.5 release. :)

By the way, your log shows a few other mods failing. I suggest updating all your mods to the latest version. CalendarEverywhere is no longer maintained, but Billboard Everywhere works in 1.1 and does the same thing. RegenMod is also abandoned, but I don't know if there's a replacement.

• Littlegal2016

Littlegal2016 Big Damn Hero

Thank you, I'll be looking forward to the release.

Yes, i haven't really tried clearing all my unusable mods. I'll have to do that soon but thank you for telling me about the 'billboard everywhere' mod!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Version 1.5 is now available!

This release includes chest tooltips, editing a chest after opening it directly (see screenshot), a slew of bug fixes, and a partial rewrite.

Specific changes:
                      • Added name tooltip when your cursor is over a chest.
                      • Added edit button when you open a chest directly.
                      • Added cancel button when editing a chest.
                      • Fixed fridge being accessible before you obtain it.
                      • Fixed error when you click an unavailable inventory slot.
                      • Fixed error when you open the menu but don't have any chests.
                      • Fixed UI not being resized when game window is resized.
                      • Fixed Lewis' giftbox when you start a new game being usable as a chest.
                      • Fixed visual issues.
                      Feedback, suggestions, and bug reports are welcome. :)

foghorn likes this.
                      • Redawilo

Redawilo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Same Redawilo as the one who reported the item deletion/duplication glitch on the nexus. Posting this here because I figured it would be easier than posting the entirety of my error log on there.

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Editing a chest only changes its name, so it shouldn't affect its items at all. I can't reproduce this on my end, so I'll need to ask a bunch of questions to figure it out. :)
                          1. Are you renaming chests by clicking the little speech bubble icon after opening a chest, or some other way?
                          2. Has this happened with previous versions of Chests Anywhere, or did it start with version 1.5?
                          3. If you temporarily remove all mods except Chests Anywhere, does this still happen? (Please post the new log after trying this, so I can compare the changes with and without other mods.)
                          4. You mentioned that it's inconsistent. How often does it happen? Did you notice any pattern to when it happens (e.g. it only happens with certain chests, or only early in the morning)?
                          5. If there's no apparent pattern, can you give me a step-by-step of what you did one of the times it happened? (For example: "opened a chest in my Farmhouse which had three items; clicked the speech bubble icon; changed the name from Food to Crops; clicked OK; now the chest had two items". If you spawned items first, make sure to mention that too.)

• Redawilo

1) I am clicking the speech bubble after opening the chest.

2) This has not happened in previous versions. It only seems to happen when I am in the actual chest's menu, not from the menu that opens when I press B. Since the ability to rename chests in this way is new to 1.5 and does not happen from the B chest menu, I suspect it doesn't happen in older versions.

3) The error log I've attached is from a brand new character, with only this mod installed. I created a chest through legitimate means, and using the 15 parsnip seeds from Lewis did exactly what I detailed below. Then closed the game immediately after the problem occurred.

4) Upon further fooling around in order to write this, I've found there IS a pattern. It seems to happen only when I have added something new to a chest and then go to the rename menu without closing said chest. (Note: this doesn't happen when I take something out of the chest and then immediately put it back in without closing it. There has to have been something new added.) I don't specifically have to rename the chest, rather just open the rename menu and click "OK" without changing anything.

5) To break it down step-by-step: say I have 15 parsnip seeds. I physically open the chest I want to put them in, not press B to access the chest (location and contents of the chest don't matter). I click the seeds in my inventory to put them into the chest. Then I click the speech bubble. Without changing anything in the rename menu, I click OK. Suddenly I have 15 parsnip seeds in my hand (on my cursor). What happens with those seeds varies. Sometimes I can put them on my hotbar and they act just like any 15 seeds. Sometimes I can put them in the chest and have 30 seeds. Sometimes I try to put them into the chest and my whole stack shrinks down to 1. This happens no matter if I have spawned the item, or gotten them through legitimate means.

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Redawilo thanks for the detailed report! I found the problem — it's related to the way the mod manages the active menus. I may need to rethink that portion of the mod, so this may take a bit of time.

• Redawilo

Good to hear that you were able to find it! Now that I found out how the glitch is triggered, it's easy enough to avoid. So it'll just be a matter of doing that it until you can get it figured out. =)

• freevortex

freevortex Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• RionKatt

RionKatt Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Chest Pooling doesn't work with Chest Anywhere. I believe the modder was working on a fix for that, but I don't know how that is going.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Chest Pooling detects when an item is removed from your inventory, finds the open chest by parsing the active menu, then scans your chests for a matching stack. The main compatibility issue is that Chests Anywhere creates its own menu when you access a chest remotely (AccessChestMenu), which Chest Pooling doesn't understand. I'm planning to use the game's normal ItemGrabMenu in a future version, which would fix that.

• freevortex

freevortex Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sounds bueno! It's not a big deal, I got used to it pretty quickly xD

A weird thing is happening to me right now, though. Whenever I rename a chest, it turns invisible! This just started happening last night, after I got a weird message about how the mod couldn't look for a newer version. I've tried removing the mod and downloading a new copy, but it's still happening :( I haven't installed any other mods, so I've got no idea what's going on!