RELEASED FLO - New Custom NPC [XNB & SMAPI]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by randomAnon123, Oct 11, 2016.

1. randomAnon123

randomAnon123 Orbital Explorer

FLO
    New Custom NPC

[INTRODUCTORY VIDEO]

Watching is suggested, as the video gives some backstory as to why Flo is in town.
    [FEATURES]
    An entirely new NPC now roams Pelican Town!
    - He has a custom sprite!
    - He has custom portraits!
    - He even has custom dialogue!
    - He also has a very dull CUSTOM schedule!
    - He even participates in three of the festivals! (Flower Dance, Dance of the Moonlight Jellies and Feast of the Winterstar)*
    - And, last but not least, he has a custom heart event!

* Only with the SMAPI version.

[HOW TO INSTALL]
    -XNB MOD-

Make a back up of your Content folder and of your savefile. Extract the rar in your game folder and overwrite everything.
    Now comes the hard part. Make sure to follow the exact process.

- Download Notepad++
    - Go in the AppData/Roaming/StardewValley/Saves folder
    - Open the folder of the save you want Flo to appear in
    - Open, with Notepad++, the file that contains both the name of your character and some numbers (NOT THE "_old" FILE!)
    - Now click on this button -> [​IMG] <-
    - Copy the following code in the "Find what" bar:
    Code:
    <GameLocation><characters><NPC><name>Gus</name><isEmoting>false</isEmoting><isCharging>false</isCharging><willDestroyObjectsUnderfoot>true</willDestroyObjectsUnderfoot><isGlowing>false</isGlowing><coloredBorder>false</coloredBorder><flip>false</flip><drawOnTop>false</drawOnTop><faceTowardFarmer>false</faceTowardFarmer><faceAwayFromFarmer>false</faceAwayFromFarmer><ignoreMovementAnimation>false</ignoreMovementAnimation><scale>1</scale><timeBeforeAIMovementAgain>0</timeBeforeAIMovementAgain><glowingTransparency>0</glowingTransparency><glowRate>0</glowRate><Position><X>1152</X><Y>384</Y></Position><Speed>2</Speed><IsEmoting>false</IsEmoting><CurrentEmote>0</CurrentEmote><defaultMap>Saloon</defaultMap><loveInterest>null</loveInterest><birthday_Season>summer</birthday_Season><age>0</age><manners>0</manners><socialAnxiety>0</socialAnxiety><optimism>0</optimism><gender>0</gender><id>9</id><homeRegion>2</homeRegion><daysUntilBirthing>-1</daysUntilBirthing><daysAfterLastBirth>-1</daysAfterLastBirth><birthday_Day>8</birthday_Day><moveTowardPlayerThreshold>0</moveTowardPlayerThreshold><isInvisible>false</isInvisible><followSchedule>true</followSchedule><datable>false</datable><datingFarmer>false</datingFarmer><divorcedFromFarmer>false</divorcedFromFarmer><daysMarried>0</daysMarried><DefaultFacingDirection>2</DefaultFacingDirection><DefaultMap>Saloon</DefaultMap><DefaultPosition><X>1152</X><Y>384</Y></DefaultPosition><IsWalkingInSquare>false</IsWalkingInSquare><IsWalkingTowardPlayer>false</IsWalkingTowardPlayer></NPC></characters><objects /><terrainFeatures /><debris /><name>Saloon</name><waterColor><R>60</R><G>100</G><B>127</B><A>127</A><PackedValue>2139055164</PackedValue></waterColor><isFarm>false</isFarm><isOutdoors>false</isOutdoors><isStructure>false</isStructure><ignoreDebrisWeather>false</ignoreDebrisWeather><ignoreOutdoorLighting>false</ignoreOutdoorLighting><ignoreLights>false</ignoreLights><treatAsOutdoors>false</treatAsOutdoors><numberOfSpawnedObjectsOnMap>0</numberOfSpawnedObjectsOnMap></GameLocation>

- And copy the following code in the "Replace with" bar:
    Code:
    <GameLocation><characters><NPC><name>Gus</name><isEmoting>false</isEmoting><isCharging>false</isCharging><willDestroyObjectsUnderfoot>true</willDestroyObjectsUnderfoot><isGlowing>false</isGlowing><coloredBorder>false</coloredBorder><flip>false</flip><drawOnTop>false</drawOnTop><faceTowardFarmer>false</faceTowardFarmer><faceAwayFromFarmer>false</faceAwayFromFarmer><ignoreMovementAnimation>false</ignoreMovementAnimation><scale>1</scale><timeBeforeAIMovementAgain>0</timeBeforeAIMovementAgain><glowingTransparency>0</glowingTransparency><glowRate>0</glowRate><Position><X>1152</X><Y>384</Y></Position><Speed>2</Speed><IsEmoting>false</IsEmoting><CurrentEmote>0</CurrentEmote><defaultMap>Saloon</defaultMap><loveInterest>null</loveInterest><birthday_Season>summer</birthday_Season><age>0</age><manners>0</manners><socialAnxiety>0</socialAnxiety><optimism>0</optimism><gender>0</gender><id>9</id><homeRegion>2</homeRegion><daysUntilBirthing>-1</daysUntilBirthing><daysAfterLastBirth>-1</daysAfterLastBirth><birthday_Day>8</birthday_Day><moveTowardPlayerThreshold>0</moveTowardPlayerThreshold><isInvisible>false</isInvisible><followSchedule>true</followSchedule><datable>false</datable><datingFarmer>false</datingFarmer><divorcedFromFarmer>false</divorcedFromFarmer><daysMarried>0</daysMarried><DefaultFacingDirection>2</DefaultFacingDirection><DefaultMap>Saloon</DefaultMap><DefaultPosition><X>1152</X><Y>384</Y></DefaultPosition><IsWalkingInSquare>false</IsWalkingInSquare><IsWalkingTowardPlayer>false</IsWalkingTowardPlayer></NPC><NPC><name>Florence</name><isEmoting>false</isEmoting><isCharging>false</isCharging><willDestroyObjectsUnderfoot>true</willDestroyObjectsUnderfoot><isGlowing>false</isGlowing><coloredBorder>false</coloredBorder><flip>false</flip><drawOnTop>false</drawOnTop><faceTowardFarmer>false</faceTowardFarmer><faceAwayFromFarmer>false</faceAwayFromFarmer><ignoreMovementAnimation>false</ignoreMovementAnimation><scale>1</scale><timeBeforeAIMovementAgain>0</timeBeforeAIMovementAgain><glowingTransparency>0</glowingTransparency><glowRate>0</glowRate><Position><X>528</X><Y>96</Y></Position><Speed>2</Speed><IsEmoting>false</IsEmoting><CurrentEmote>0</CurrentEmote><defaultMap>Saloon</defaultMap><loveInterest>null</loveInterest><birthday_Season>winter</birthday_Season><age>0</age><manners>2</manners><socialAnxiety>1</socialAnxiety><optimism>1</optimism><gender>0</gender><id>34</id><homeRegion>0</homeRegion><daysUntilBirthing>-1</daysUntilBirthing><daysAfterLastBirth>-1</daysAfterLastBirth><birthday_Day>22</birthday_Day><moveTowardPlayerThreshold>0</moveTowardPlayerThreshold><isInvisible>false</isInvisible><followSchedule>true</followSchedule><datable>false</datable><datingFarmer>false</datingFarmer><divorcedFromFarmer>false</divorcedFromFarmer><daysMarried>0</daysMarried><DefaultFacingDirection>0</DefaultFacingDirection><DefaultMap>Saloon</DefaultMap><DefaultPosition><X>528</X><Y>96</Y></DefaultPosition><IsWalkingInSquare>false</IsWalkingInSquare><IsWalkingTowardPlayer>false</IsWalkingTowardPlayer></NPC></characters><objects /><terrainFeatures /><debris /><name>Saloon</name><waterColor><R>60</R><G>100</G><B>127</B><A>127</A><PackedValue>2139055164</PackedValue></waterColor><isFarm>false</isFarm><isOutdoors>false</isOutdoors><isStructure>false</isStructure><ignoreDebrisWeather>false</ignoreDebrisWeather><ignoreOutdoorLighting>false</ignoreOutdoorLighting><ignoreLights>false</ignoreLights><treatAsOutdoors>false</treatAsOutdoors><numberOfSpawnedObjectsOnMap>0</numberOfSpawnedObjectsOnMap></GameLocation>

- Now click "Replace" and save
    - You're done! Congrats, man.

-SMAPI MOD-
    Make a back up of your Content folder and of your savefile. Extract the rar in your game folder and overwrite everything.
    Make sure you've got the latest SMAPI version (which you can get here).

Original NPC SMAPI mod by @Travoos.
    Initial adaptation of the mod for Flo by @badungu.

[DOWNLOAD LINKS]
    Nexus [XNB Mod & SMAPI]
    Mirror (Mega) [XNB Mod]
    Mirror (Mega) [SMAPI]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
    • whereislaurita

whereislaurita Void-Bound Voyager

Im in love, Flo has stolen my heart! Hes got the pompadour ahhh love! im going to download this and give it a shot!

Harzelora, Panku and Cemo like this.
      • bielz

bielz Void-Bound Voyager

what day / time it appears I installed right and it does not appear

• Valamyr82

Valamyr82 Void-Bound Voyager

Seems pretty cool! Its one of the most unique mods Ive seen, good job for adding content from scratch.

• whereislaurita

i download it but i cant find him? it showed the clipscene when hes in front of my house but where does he hang out around?

• randomAnon123

You can find him near the Saloon almost everyday, unless it's raining.
              He'll come out of the Saloon itself at around 9:00 AM (he's lazy).

Thank you! This isn't the complete mod yet, more like a demo - with the complete mod he'll be marriageable (with means I'll have to write marriage dialogue for him) and I'll add at least another 4 heart events, if not more.
              I'd like to create a more involved storyline with joja, you know.

Kiakakash, Cemo, Dakmordian and 2 others like this.
              • TheZhongKui

TheZhongKui Void-Bound Voyager

I downloaded him and the Jas mod perfectly. So far it works great, but oddly... Sebastian's name is "Sabrina" now LOL!

• whereislaurita

ohh i cant wait i hope you more heart events ^0^ ! Flo is such a interesting character and would love to know more! You did an amazing job so far!!!

• mokoyoko

mokoyoko Void-Bound Voyager

waaah this is so cool!! :love:
                    By heart event, you mean just a singular npc event right? Not as in he is a potential bachelor?

• randomAnon123

Oops, that might be because I accidentally edited the wrong NPCDispositions file! :rofl:
                      I'll fix that right away.

Thank you!

Thanks! And yes, by heart event I mean just the singular npc event I added.
                      But he will become a potential bachelor (or at least, that's what I intend to make him), after I add at the very least another 4 heart events.

mokoyoko likes this.
                      • randomAnon123

*Added a compatibility patch for the Jas Events Mod.

• DJ_Zapple

DJ_Zapple Pangalactic Porcupine

I can't seem to find the specified part in the "Find What" bar... I've been looking, since I REALLY want this, but...

• randomAnon123

Some basic questions first.
                            - Did you open the right file? The one that goes "NameOfCharacter_ID"? The file with the name "NameOfCharacter_ID_old" is not the right one.
                            - Did you copy the code exactly, without spaces either before or after?
                            - Do you have Stardew Valley updated to 1.1 (or 1.11)? A few things seem to have changed in how the game deals with save files with the new update.
                            - To add to the previous question, is your savefile a new one made with SDV 1.1?

Save editing can be a bit annoying to deal with. If you really can't get it to work, I could try doing it for you if you send me the save file.

• DJ_Zapple

I opened the right one, yes. I copied the code exactly. Got v1.11. And the file was made with 1.0, if I recall correctly. I made a new character to see if I was doing something wrong out of frustration, and he showed up in the new save. (Though his disposition didn't show up. I KNOW I added it though...)

• randomAnon123

Well, that's weird.
                                You could try adding the code manually, if you want. I suggest you get the XML Tools plugin for Notepad++ to do the following, because otherwise the code can be a bit messy. Anyway, here's what you do:
                                - Open your savefile
                                - Click on "Plugin" -> "XML Tools" -> "Pretty print (xml only - with line breaks)" and wait for the program to finish
                                - Click on "Search" -> "Find"
                                - In the "Find what" bar, type
                                Code:
                                <NPC><name>Gus</name>
                                - Now, copy & paste the following code before the "<NPC>" tag:
                                Code:
                                <NPC><name>Florence</name><isEmoting>false</isEmoting><isCharging>false</isCharging><willDestroyObjectsUnderfoot>true</willDestroyObjectsUnderfoot><isGlowing>false</isGlowing><coloredBorder>false</coloredBorder><flip>false</flip><drawOnTop>false</drawOnTop><faceTowardFarmer>false</faceTowardFarmer><faceAwayFromFarmer>false</faceAwayFromFarmer><ignoreMovementAnimation>false</ignoreMovementAnimation><scale>1</scale><timeBeforeAIMovementAgain>0</timeBeforeAIMovementAgain><glowingTransparency>0</glowingTransparency><glowRate>0</glowRate><Position><X>1352</X><Y>384</Y></Position><Speed>2</Speed><IsEmoting>false</IsEmoting><CurrentEmote>20</CurrentEmote><defaultMap>Saloon</defaultMap><loveInterest>null</loveInterest><birthday_Season>winter</birthday_Season><age>0</age><manners>2</manners><socialAnxiety>1</socialAnxiety><optimism>1</optimism><gender>0</gender><id>34</id><homeRegion>0</homeRegion><daysUntilBirthing>-1</daysUntilBirthing><daysAfterLastBirth>-1</daysAfterLastBirth><birthday_Day>22</birthday_Day><moveTowardPlayerThreshold>0</moveTowardPlayerThreshold><isInvisible>false</isInvisible><followSchedule>true</followSchedule><datable>false</datable><datingFarmer>false</datingFarmer><divorcedFromFarmer>false</divorcedFromFarmer><daysMarried>0</daysMarried><DefaultFacingDirection>0</DefaultFacingDirection><DefaultMap>Saloon</DefaultMap><DefaultPosition><X>1352</X><Y>384</Y></DefaultPosition><IsWalkingInSquare>false</IsWalkingInSquare><IsWalkingTowardPlayer>false</IsWalkingTowardPlayer></NPC>

- Save the file

It should work now.

• DJ_Zapple

He definitely works now! Though I couldn't download the plugin, since every time the page loaded, Chrome crashed. Oh well; at least he works now!

randomAnon123 likes this.
                                  • Lovable_Kisses

Lovable_Kisses Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I love this mod, it's really amazing how you added a completely new character! I think I did something wrong during the process of putting him in my game though, because instead of just being in the one save file I put him in, he's showing up in every save file. I think it's because I replaced files in the wrong Stardew Valley folder because I'm really new to this whole modding thing haha

randomAnon123 likes this.
                                    • MrIce

MrIce Subatomic Cosmonaut

welp i give up trying add him

• randomAnon123

Glad he works! I swear that sometimes stuff stops working for no adequate reason.

How did that even happen? :rofl: And thanks!

If adding him to your savefile is the problem, as I said before, I could try adding him myself if you send me your savefile.

• Lovable_Kisses

Lovable_Kisses Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ohh I think I found my issue! I unzipped the file in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Stardew Valley which I think is wrong but I wasn't quite sure what you meant by game folder since there's a few folders I'd consider the game folder but that's because I'm not very educated in all this modding stuff so far:p