1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Weapon Assembly 2.1.3

This mod will let you break weapons into parts and then combine the parts into new weapons!

1. AlbertoRota

AlbertoRota Scruffy Nerf-Herder

AlbertoRota submitted a new mod:

Weapon Assembly - This mod will let you break weapons into parts and then combine the parts into new weapons!

Read more about this mod...

Inf_Wolf14 likes this.
  2. AlbertoRota

3. RedAndrew

RedAndrew Aquatic Astronaut

OMG! cant wait to see this mod grow

AlbertoRota likes this.
  4. RedAndrew

Also a quick idea maybe allow mix and match parts in the future feel free (to let me test new features)

AlbertoRota likes this.
  5. AlbertoRota

Thanks for the comment!

I thought about it but... it won't work, for example... how will a "sniper-assault-rocket launcher" work?

We have weapon categories, and the idea is to let you mix and match parts of the same category
    At the same time, the aim is to make it mod-compatible, so, if you want, let's say, a "quaterstaff", you can download "Quarterstaff Armory" by @IHart and retouch it with this mod.

6. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

I was wondering when this mod was going to be made/revived. Who would've guessed you already had it on your agenda? :p

Great mod, I await greater options, mod support, and other goodies.
    I'll be around if you need a tester or another coder. ;)

AlbertoRota likes this.
  7. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Any hope for it working with custom weapons? I have some of my own usig the same generation as the vanilla guns, but my assault rifles don't seem to work with it. Shame.

AlbertoRota likes this.
  8. AlbertoRota

It wasn't on my agenda till this weekend, I saw it on the "Outdated" section and thought: "Hey... this is a GREAT idea!, let see if I can make this work!"

For "1.0.0" I want it to be compatible with all "Vanilla random weapons", both melee and ranged ones.
    I will leave full mod support and unique weapons for later versions.

If by custom you are referring to "Custom spawned vanilla weapons" ( /spawnitem weaponName weaponParameter ) : YES
    If by custom you are referring to "A modded weapon" : NO for "1.0.0", perhaps for later versions.

Your best option: Make a micro-mod containing ONLY the weapon it shelf (If modded) or paste the command here (If spawned), that way I can take that weapon and see how to make it work.

9. lazarus78

They are custom made, not spawned, weapons. They literally just use the same formatting as vanilla but point to different sprites, different name config for deciding weapon names, different color config for their color patterns, and different stats.

Example: http://pastebin.com/UNdpTPRY

Ill pack up a sample mod so you can test it out if you wish. I am very interested in having my weapons play nice with this mod.

BRB with the sample mod.

Edit: Here is a sample mod.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/h8l59ytb1nh30w2/TestWeapon.zip

Spawn item names are "LFCRifle<rarity>", where rarity is "Common", "Uncommon", "Rare", or "Legendary". Case sensative.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
    AlbertoRota and Inf_Wolf14 like this.
  10. AlbertoRota

OUTSTANDING!
    Fast and right to the point!

So, good news for you, your weapon is PERFECT (At least in compatibility with my mod.), you don't need to do anything.
    Current release is a very very very very ... early beta, that's the reason of it not working.

Inf_Wolf14 likes this.
  11. lazarus78

Fantastic news. I shall wait patiently then. Thanks!

AlbertoRota likes this.
  12. AlbertoRota

13. AlbertoRota

OK, you will need to do "some" changes to be vanilla-like:
    1. Rename all your objects from "LFCRifle<rarity>" to "<rarity>lfcrifle" ( uncommonlfcrifle )
      • "uncommonassaultrifle", "raregrenadelauncher", "commonmachinepistol", etc., all lowercase and rarity first.
    2. Change their category from "assaultRifle" to "LFCRifle"
      • "uncommonassaultrifle" -> assaultRifle
      • "raregrenadelauncher" -> grenadeLauncher
      • "commonmachinepistol" -> machinePistol
    If you do that, it should work with 0.2.0, but remember that it's still a beta!!!

14. lazarus78

What is the reason for the category change? Why cant they stay with the default vanilla categories?

AlbertoRota likes this.
  15. AlbertoRota

Conceptually talking:
    "category" seems to be the generalization of "itemName", as used in all vanilla weapons.
    Given that your item names are something like "LFCRifle<rarity>", their general form should be "LFCRifle".

Furthermore:
    Are your weapons "assaultRifle"s?
    Vanilla "sniperRifle"s are not "assaultRifle"s.
    Vanilla "machinePistol"s are not "pistol"s.
    You should not say that your weapons are "assaultRifle"s.

Code:
    I re-build item "name" asuming the points above as:
    Code:
    "Average part rarity" + "category"
    That means that if you tell me that your category is "assaultRifle", and the average rarity is "Uncommon", i will build an "uncommonassaultrifle", not a "LFCRifleUncommon"

EDIT:
    I might be wrong, if that doesn't make sense, let me know, this mod is on it's very beginnings, so everything can be changed.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  16. lazarus78

I'm not sure I am following. Why would I use "LFCRifle" for the category? I have rifles, shotguns, snipers, pistols, machine pistols, and rocket launchers, all following their vanilla counterparts, catagories and all, just tweaked to point to my custom assets and whatnot.

I only provided sample assault rifles because your description page said that was the only ones that worked at the time, but I actually have a whole range of weapons just like vanilla.

I understand the name change requirement. It makes sense there, just not sure about the category change and why it is necessary.

(Not trying to be difficult, just trying to understand what is going on and why.)

AlbertoRota likes this.
  17. AlbertoRota

No problem at all, in fact, thank you for your time and interest :nuruwink:

True, my fault, 0.3.0 should work with all vanilla ranged weapons and even some modded ones.

As explained above, I assumed that "category" is the generalization of "itemName", given that the example you gave me has "LFCRifle<rarity>"as itemName, "LFCRifle" seems to be it's generalization.

Based on that assumption, you need to tell me in the "category", what your weapon is.
    If you tell me in "category" that it's an "assaultRifle", I will build an "<rarity>assaultrifle".
    If you tell me in "category" that it's an "machinePistol", I will build an "<rarity>machinepistol".
    If you tell me in "category" that it's an "rocketLauncher", I will build an "<rarity>rocketlauncher".
    So, if you want me to build a "<rarity>lfcrifle", you need to tell me in "category" that it's a "lfcRifle".

18. lazarus78

OOOOOOOHHHH... That makes a shit ton more sense. I get it now.

AlbertoRota likes this.
  19. RedAndrew

FieryRuby75 and AlbertoRota like this.
  20. AlbertoRota

@Shadow Wolf TJC is an experienced modder, so you can expect their mods to be quite compatible, I've not tested it, but looking at their files:

• sniperrifle - yes
    • antimaterialrifle - yes
    • beamrifle - yes
    • autoshotgun - yes
    • flakcannon - yes
    • sawedoffshotgun -yes
    • shotgun - yes
    • minirocketlauncher - yes
    • rocketlauncher - yes
    • beampistol - yes
    • pistol - yes
    • revolver -yes
    • submachinegun - yes
    • machinepistol - yes
    • grenadelauncher - yes
    • multigrenadelauncher - yes
    • assaultrifle - yes
    • battlerifle - yes
    • saw - NO
      • "itemName" : "<rarity>saw" but "category" : "squadAutomaticWeapon", should be "category" : "saw"

Anyway, mod support is not the main goal at the moment, so expect this to improve in the future.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    Inf_Wolf14 likes this.