Modding Help Looking for people willing to help translate my mods for stardew 1.2!

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Entoarox, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I am working on making my mods ready for the new localization that stardew 1.2 is supposed to release across the board.
    Unfortunately, I am not a uber-polyglot and only know 2 languages myself, this means I have need for other people to help me translate my mods into other languages!

If you are interested in helping a guy out with translation, please visit my localization repository on github:
    https://github.com/Entoarox/StardewLocalization

• foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

Quick thread-bump, and letting you know I can help on the Spanish end. Maaaybe BRA Portuguese as well, if the menu language stays fairly simple. Will start commit-work this evening.

Edit: Thank goodness, a native Portuguese-speaker has volunteered. No need for me to mangle a translation :D

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
      • Unassuming Obelisk

Unassuming Obelisk Big Damn Hero

What do you speak? I speak French (Québécois) and English. If you already speak those, then I'm no help to you :rofl:. Good luck!

• Ichimatsu

Ichimatsu Pangalactic Porcupine

I'd help with Spanish, but I know nothing of how to contribute through that site. Made an account and all, but still remain quite clueless x)

• Unassuming Obelisk

Oh, yeah. I also don't know how to do that. GitHub mystifies me.

• Highwind

Highwind Void-Bound Voyager

I'm brazilian and can help you with portuguese, if you need it

Edit: Just finished the br-pt translation. I'd like to comment on some things, though:

1. I used a bit of a more formal pt, I can update it to a more informal tone if you prefer.
              2. I changed some of the punctuatios, because of the different sentence structure in br-pt.
              3. On the line concerning making bug reports, would you like me to add something else telling the user to make the report in english or telling him that he is free to do so in portuguese?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
              • TaeKwonDodo

TaeKwonDodo Big Damn Hero

My languages are german and english. Maybe I can help you out.

• Unassuming Obelisk

How did you do that? I don't know how to use Github.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

If possible please tell them to do so in english, while google translate could likely get the gist of it out there, english is easier to work with since it will mean I can solve bugs quicker if I do not have to go through google to understand the problem :p

For people having issues uploading to github, you are welcome to attach the translated file to this topic and I will work on getting it uploaded on github :)

• Ichimatsu

It won't let me upload json files, so I converted it to txt. This is a fix for the esp translation which was more or less understandable, but far from ideal. My translation is up to debate if any other Spanish speaker would like to contribute!

I'm still having no luck with figuring the site out, but I saw you can comment. Could I have suggested these fixes much like you would on a google docs document? I mean if I knew how to, lol.

Attached Files:

Entoarox and foghorn like this.
                      • Highwind

Highwind Void-Bound Voyager

What you have to do on github is upload a new file on the desired location and then request a pull for it. The owner of the project will then take a look into your file and upload/delete/modify it to his desires

Ichimatsu likes this.
                        • Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I speak Portuguese, but not the Brazil version, the version from Portugal xD

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Indeed you could have, if you have a github account, go to where the file is, and in the top-right corner of the files "title" bar there will be a pencil icon to edit it.

Ichimatsu likes this.
                            • Unassuming Obelisk

So then do we just edit that? Nothing bad will happen?

• Standardheld

Standardheld Subatomic Cosmonaut

I took a look into the German translation. Guess this was translated with Google, so I edited some of the formulations.

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

No, it will act as a pull request automatically, so untill I confirm your changes myself they will not be merged into the main repository.

Unassuming Obelisk likes this.
                                  • bi-chan

bi-chan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If you ever want help, I'm a french ( Québécois ) too and I am fairely used to git. I could help I'm in translation at school :)

• Ichimatsu

Ok, so I finally got around to doing stuff on the site. I think I copied this folder on my account first to try and see how to edit and then proposed the change in your folder. Please let me know if you can see it so I know I learned stuff haha.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

If your account is 8008135 then I've seen and merged it :rofl:

Ichimatsu likes this.
                                        • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The default file for MorePets localization has been uploaded, hoping to see your awesome help in localizing MorePets! :D