OOC not anything realy

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by nomad ninga, Oct 22, 2016.

1. nomad ninga

nomad ninga Star Wrangler

ocrana
    a new style of rpg
    this didn't work so im not going to be using this any more and in is closed
    ocrana is a rp with a twist: its played in seasons, each season is a difrent chunk of the story with a goal to reach. this is no where complete yet and I am looking to make this game with you, yes you (no not you I mean the other person)

basics of the game:
    the story of the game is basically the same as the rp i made in the wrong thread, if you cant find it here it is:
    there is four planets each with difrent races and tech, one of them breaks out into all out war, and calls out to space for help, all three come and then they start fighting a war.

the game will be divided into seasons, each with there own ooc, and rp thread. each season will have an end goal once it is reached, then a new one will start. each season will be vastly difrent with new stuff to make goals to reach and classes to play

the game will also be divided into towns each town has a time it will take to get to the next town, it will be much faster to go from town to town and not just skip them (but you could), but skipping them would be much safer.

race ideas:
    human: from earth steampunk tames beast, can make huge air ships. (when i say steam punk i mean a group of people who opted to use steam instead of electricity as a source of power)

omnicon: a cyborg horde that is better in masses but can fight alone for some time before being defeated

cronomons: highly powerful robots also can control time, they cant adapt well so it would be harder for them to level up

I think all the races should have many starters with difrent starting stats and
    ability

stat ideas:
    int- might make leveling, and/or learning new skills easier

str- for melee/physical tasks

any ideas? tell me in the comments :happylittletrees:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  2. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

I'm sorry, but as I said before, conventions are there for communication. If you can't clearly convey what you are trying to say because of poor grammar and negligent word choice, people aren't going to join your roleplay because the GM does not care enough about their RP to put some effort into making a legible post.

That said, I think it would be an interesting concept if I actually knew what the hell you were saying... I think it involves there being separate threads hosted by other players, with the objective being to invade and argue in each other's thread?

3. nomad ninga

could you please tell me what is confusing you? i know it is scater brained but I can understand it cus im me

4. Jareix Cryvix

Well, I'm not you and neither is anybody else. You can't just say that you understanding it is the only thing that matters, because it's not. The GM, while in control, is just as much in service to the players as the players are to them. And unless you are ready and willing to surrender yourself to the players and do everything you can for them as people who want to enjoy your roleplay (not characters), you aren't ready to be a GM.

As for what's wrong... To say the least, all of it for the most part. If you understand it, great. Now translate it all so that others can see and understand what you mean and not get driven away by such butchering of English. Communication is the most important aspect of a roleplay, and requires both sides to make what hey say clear for all to understand.
    Oh, and get rid of the whole argument bit. That's really unnecessary unless you are in fact inviting people to argue. The "don't care about spelling" thing has to go as well for obvious reasons. (The "better at math" thing makes little sense as well. I mean, would a 7th grader really at all be at the same level of math as someone of my age or older?)

5. nomad ninga

one yes, two im still a bit pissed at the istbe people for being ass holes three fine i see your point, five douse it make more scene now?

6. Jareix Cryvix

Oh my god that's so much better! I can see what's going on! Great job at fixing it! :up:
    All that it needs now is a character app sheet...

7. nomad ninga

or you know a story towns and mechanics(i don not believe in using as the main driving force and want this to be more game like) and im trying to make this with the rp community.

8. Jareix Cryvix

9. nomad ninga

i do want there to be the basic of the game/lore first (this is a rp and rpg)