Modding Discussion Searching a pixel artist

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Pifilix.XIV, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Pifilix.XIV

Pifilix.XIV Void-Bound Voyager

I am searching for a pixel artist to help me and friend to make a race mod for Starbound.

I am Filip and had an idea for a race mod. I found someone which would help with the programming, I would do the writing and the concept drawing. We need just a pixel artist to make the sprites and the animation for the mod.

The mod is about a race of "Ruiners" which are mutated humans. They got independent and tries to explore the universe.
    Here are more info: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-KT5AYUj81NB0XWxu-YiMgHSVUoBZBESfvoVbSTqscQ/edit?usp=sharing

It's just an idea when someone wants to help, just send me a message or you know someone which would help, then send him a message or just share it.

I really want to create a mod for this race.

Lodish likes this.
  2. matsmax

matsmax Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey, I'm not really exprienced in pixel art but I made some samples based on the description given, If you decide that I am not going to promoise a date to make anything tough, I'll try to stay motivated though. And remember to actually do it :p

'This' is the little sample I made with a human and a hylotl for reference.

I made a few different clothes and hair styles. I made sure to use some more muted colours too 'cause I felt like that would fit the race.

Feel free to come with any feedback if you want me to change anything!

3. Pifilix.XIV

thanks, this is somewhere what I imagined but they should be the same size as the other races. The skin should be lighter (like vampires but totally white), and the arms are in a dark color from elbow to hand and have two small scars on each upper part of the arms, the feet are too in a dark color from knee to feet and have one small scar on each thigh. The horns are great.

Can I send you some imagines to better explain how I meant it ?

4. matsmax

Of course! And did I get the style of clothing right?

5. Pifilix.XIV

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  6. matsmax

I made several edits, adding fur, making them a bit shorter, making them paler and making them paler, their clothes a bit lighter and more tentacle like hair.
    It may still not be perfect yet but i think I'm starting to get close!

P.S. It's hard to make them directly thinner so making them taler is the best i can do easly.

7. Pifilix.XIV

oh okay but: 1. it is divided that some have tentacle hair and have normal hair and horns.
    2. they don't have fur, they have normal human skin but color changed.
    3. They have two thin scars on they arms, no one thick.
    4. The dark part should be a bit more darker.
    5. They have different types of horns (try to use some designs from Homestuck characters)
    6. They have normal lengths of hairs.

And try to use a base for modded races, I try to find it.

8. Pifilix.XIV

Okay and sorry if i overdo it for you.