RP Beyond the Stars

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by RowanEx, Nov 1, 2016.

1. RowanEx

RowanEx Pangalactic Porcupine

Beyond the Stars is located in a Starboundverse-like universe only with one crucial part missing. The Beast from the Sky doesn't land on Earth but instead was immediately destroyed by a mysterious force known as the Authority. The Protectorate exists, merely as a diplomatic alliance in order to sustain trades and protect each other's backs. Esther Bright still retired from Grand Protector status and found the Ruin. Now, you don't roleplay as the newly-graduated Protector who found an Ancient Gateway and helped Esther Bright save the universe. No, you play as either an Outcast, Exile, or a Civilian. But wait, who are you again?

You are an Outcast. You were thrown out of your home for quite a while, and you have just enough to make your own working non-FTL ship. Scrambling to get your materials, you saw something in the distance and checked it out. To your shock, it was an undamaged FTL Drive.

You began to configure your ship as soon as you installed the FTL Drive. Contemplating over your work, you smiled. You can now explore the universe at a whim of the button, or so you think...

"Hello? Hello! Don't hang up, I'm an Exile, just like you. Wait, what does Exiled mean, you ask? It's an acronym and it means Experimented Intelligent Living Entity. Why we're made, well, basically, we were test subjects until we were released without memories. That's why we're called Exiles. Funny thing; they gave us a ship in return. It also has a funny SAIL. ... So, I guess, as we recover our forcefully removed memories I hope we can... meet up."

"Now, listen closely, something's with the FTL engines as of late. I can't say much, but it seems like we're not the only univ—— No! Stop! Don't touch that! Exile, I don't have much time but the Erchius crystals are forcing certain individuals into this Gatewa— Stop! you'll kil—" *bzzt*

You won the lottery. The prize was a fully-upgraded ship. That's all, because what can go wrong?

Just kidding. You are either a regular civilian or a tribe member, a Protector, or a Soldier. Now, you heard about this "windows to other universes" and decided to check it out/investigate/lock it down. Once so, you seem to have managed to destroy/corrupt your navigation systems. Good luck.

You looked up from your mail on your home and looked over your ship.

Characters (and my Self-Made Titles):
    DustyScabbard's Sheet (Aiden Tsiruano, the Former Detective)
    themushroomlord's Sheet (Sarrti, the Leraan with Five Personalities)
    Jareix Cryvix's Sheet (Qisin Khilt, the Scavenging Hylotl)
    ColdYeti958123's Sheet (Jayde Cline, the Dealer)
    Dragonclaw's Sheet (Kevin, the tall Avali)
    [REDACTED] ([REDACTED, the Gate Keeper)

OOC: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/beyond-the-stars-applications-open.124664/

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  2. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Qi wakes with a start, trying to recollect the events of the previous day...

Arra likes this.
  3. DustyScabbard

DustyScabbard Spaceman Spiff

Aiden sits in the pilot's seat of the cockpit of his ship, staring out at the vast expanse of stars through the bay window. He hadn't slept last night, or the night before that, or the night before that one. He had no leads about his past or where to go, picking up scraps of information that just didn't seem to fit together. A haze of images float across Aiden's mind, street names, titles of books, planet coordinates. A moment passed before Aiden could collect himself, returning his drifting gaze to the window. But it wasn't his eyes that had moved, it was the stars outside. "What in the world...?" mutters Aiden as he stands up and takes a sweeping look outside, trying to find a cause for the ship's movement.

4. RowanEx

As he was recollecting on his recent events for a start, there was a small sparkles from somewhere. It wasn't attractive enough.

Aiden didn't found anything present, except a small sparkling from his engines and the small feeling of leading into the unknown.

ColdYeti958123 likes this.
  5. Jareix Cryvix

*she decides to investigate them anyway. Carefully keeping her eyes moving and looking for motion.

6. ColdYeti958123

ColdYeti958123 Intergalactic Tourist

Jayde leaned back in his chair and looked at the rifle set on his table. It was missing something, but what? He had installed every part his customer had requested, even going out of his way to modify the scope, yet there was still something missing. He took out the sheet of paper from the customer and read over it again. He shook his head. "Nothing" he thought. "Absolutely nothing". He looked at the backside of the paper, and there it was. A color scheme. He could get green, but the other color... would be tough. Jayde stood up and reminded himself that this deal would allow him to purchase a ship. Maybe even a nice one. He walked outside into the bustling city, looking for somewhere where he could get purple paint...

Omicron445 and Dragonclaw like this.
  7. DustyScabbard

Considering that any trouble near the engine would be lots of trouble, Aiden moved towards the back room where the FTL engine was exposed for repairs and whatnot. He was no mechanic, but Aiden attempted to figure out where the light was coming from.

8. themushroomlord

themushroomlord Pangalactic Porcupine

Sarrti wakes up and yawns before remembering that he's floating through space on piece of junk with a malfunctioning ftl drive...
    "Hmm... should probably see about getting the ftp working so we... I, can get out of here.'
    'You know what that's possibly the best idea we've had all day!'
    'I'ts one thing to say all that... but another entirely to do it.'
    'Well if you have any better ideas be sure to share them with us, otherwise no one wants to hear your whining.'
    'Ok... sorry.'
    'Why don't you just put me in control for a little... I know exactly what to do right now!'
    'How do we know your not going to just destroy stuff like last time?'
    'Trust me, I've learnt my lesson now...'
    '... well ok then.'
    a mad grin spreads over Sarrti's face as he moves to the ftl drive, he picks up a wrench and begins beating it against anything that looks remotly important.

9. RowanEx

It was worth investigating, yes, but once she went closer to what it was, it just lead her to her ship. Specifically the Erchius Crystal within. Her dæmon also decides to follow her.

By chances, there was a nearby store that might help Jayde. His dæmon spotted the store before he did, though.

He saw the Erchius Crystal which powered his engines sparkle harmlessly. On closer investigation, however, the coloration in certain areas is becoming more like a Core Fragment.

The Exile(d) Leraan's dæmon, being a duck, could only sigh before merely trying to help, or guide him.

((Dæmons are more or less like your second eyes and may spot things better than the characters. Probably to back up Exiles, I suppose.))

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  10. Jareix Cryvix

She strokes his scales as she approaches the crystal... She always found erchius to be very attractive...

11. themushroomlord

Sarrti looks to his dæmon for a moment before throwing the wrench to the floor and begins trying to press as many buttons as possible.
    'Maybe this wasn't such a good idea...'

12. DustyScabbard

An eyebrow jumped up Aiden's face at the discoloration in the crystal. Not that the motion mattered much, due to the strange wooden mask that was somehow affixed to his face; another part of his puzzle. Maybe the crystal was going bad, making the engine leak? Aiden returns to the pilot's seat and opens the nav-computer there, searching for the closest inhabited planet. He'd probably be able to find a mechanic there that would know what is going on.

13. RowanEx

It seems like the Echius crystal that made up her drive has a spot that made it look like a Core Fragment stuck with it. Also, by stroking his scales, both of them feel a bit relaxed.

His dæmon just looks at him like a duck. She(the dæmon) feels like Sarrti might've pressed the hyperdrive switch.

The nav-computer seems to be slightly glitching out, but it was still very functional that he found a planetary system close. The system looks inhabited, like it was a marketplace. A rather busy, seven-planet system orbiting a Gentle Star.

14. Jareix Cryvix

She considers taking the core fragment, but decides to investigate the rest of the ship for supplies and food.

15. DustyScabbard

"Great, another thing to had to the broken list." Aiden grumbles about this ship's various other imperfections as he sets the FTL drive to power up and travel to the system. He just hoped the thing would stay together until he reached his destination. Given that this wasn't his ship to begin with, the thought of sudden detonations made Aiden nervous.

16. themushroomlord

'Ok, that's enough.'
    Sarrti shudders as the smile vanishes from his face.
    'Anyone else got an idea?'
    'Well, what if...'
    'No.'
    Sarrti sighs as he begines moving towards a seat.

17. ColdYeti958123

ColdYeti958123 Intergalactic Tourist

Jayde smiled as his little mouse pointed him in the right direction. It sat on his shoulder as he walked into the little shop. To his left, on a shelf, was a bucket of purple paint. He inspected the bucket, and it looked unopened. He smiled and took out a paper notebook. On it he wrote: "How much will this cost?". He took the bucket of paint over to the counter along with the notebook up to the counter, where a shady looking human stood. Jayde slammed the bucket of paint and the notebook on the counter and looked at the person.

Omicron445 and Dragonclaw like this.
  18. RowanEx

The storage compartment has a working freezer and a few rations that can last for a few days. Oddly enough, there was also a picture frozen within, but she didn't notice it.

No, the ship didn't implode, but by a miracle, Aiden managed to arrive at the destinations while there was no glitches at all. However, once he arrived, most of the coloration of the Erchius became orange-yellow. And a circuit short-circuited, causing one monitor to turn off.

The Red Gateway is close...

His dæmon checked over the nav system and blinked, before running off to him. They were going somewhere but both of them didn't knew where they're going.

The Red Gateway is close...

"About 70, but I give discounts."

19. themushroomlord

Sarrti sits down and begines petting his dæmon.

20. RowanEx

Now that's really relaxing for them as the ship slowly arrived on its destination, the ship coincidentally arriving near Aiden's.