RELEASED (Work in progress) Characters re-imagined

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Harzelora, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Harzelora

Harzelora Phantasmal Quasar

What portrait mod are ya using ?

• Harzelora

2.png Penny's finished !

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
        whereislaurita and Karmylla like this.
      • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

When can we expect release? Unless I've missed the link :S

• Harzelora

Well... I'm planning on making more characters first so that I don't post 5 different mods on the Nexus / update the mod every single time I add something.
          But if more people ask me to release it, then I will. Also, her overworld sprites aren't ready yet.

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Oh. My. Goodness, you did it again!!!! You-you-uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu lovely person, you!!!!!
            Penny looks SO great!!!! She looks adorable as a brunette!!! And I LIVE for bathing suit Penny, look at those water droplets on her hair!!!!!! And the detail you gave her hair, overall!!!!!! Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
            Do you ever stop???? Do you at least SLEEP????? xD
            Excellent work, Harzelora! I want to squeeze Penny all over again xD

zyymurgy and Harzelora like this.
            • Harzelora

Awww. This makes me soo happy ! I love you too :rofl:
              Thanks for the amazing support ! But yeah, I do sleep... sometimes :V
              I'm so glad you noticed all of the details ! It was a pain in the bum bum to make. But I loved doing it at the same time !
              Her arms look a little weird in the screenshot but I've fixed it now.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
              • Harzelora

I decided to do Abigail next ! What are your thoughts on this portrait ?

Compare resized.png

The one I made is the one in the middle !
                The first one is the Abby we all know and love and the third one is an older version that Concerned Ape decided to scrap. The first and third one were both made by Concerned Ape !

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
                • Blooper8484

Blooper8484 Starship Captain

I like the second one! i wish she had the bow though, makes her look better if you ask me:V

Harzelora likes this.
                  • Harzelora

Welp the middle one is the one I made. The third one was made by Concerned Ape himself. It's an old version of Abby. Beta Abby or something.
                    I might have to make it more clear ... :mwahaha: Brb I'm gonna edit the post a little bit.

Anyway, thanks a lot !

• randomAnon123

randomAnon123 Orbital Explorer

FINALLY someone that uses that beta portrait of Abigail to make a mod! :DD
                      It's one of my favorites from Abigail's older portraits. Maybe because it's such a different style from all the others?

I agree with Blooper8484 in that she would look cuter with the bow though. And you'll probably have to change the shading on her face a bit, since she'll gonna look a bit out of place otherwise. Anyway, really nice!

Harzelora likes this.
                      • eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I like this abigail way better! I myself don't like the bow though, perhaps you can may two versions?

• Blooper8484

Oh, i didn't notice, i saw pictures of beta Abby and i remembered them differently so i thought you were deciding if going with normal hair or beta hair, silly me:confused:
                          Anyways loving what you're doing!

• Harzelora

Ikr ! She looks so badass in it ! That's why I chose it.
                            I love using ConcernedApe's older portraits as inspiration. They are great !

Yup. I noticed that my lighting is all messed up. I'm gonna have to fix it :cry:

I'll make two versions then ! I too prefer her without her bow. I think she looks more mature that way. :casper:

Thanks you two so much ! You don't know how much this means to me ! I really love your mods ! :giggle:

randomAnon123 likes this.
                            • Harzelora

Nah~ it's okay ! There are so many beta portraits that no one would remember them all !
                              Thanks ! Are you still interested in working together, btw ? :rofl:

• eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Yay I love yours too ^^

Harzelora likes this.
                                • Blooper8484

Yeah, actually, right now i have nothing to do so if you want i could help with your Abigail's ow sprites

• Harzelora

Actually, I haven't even started to work on Penny's sprite so I'd love to get some help on that first :DD

• Blooper8484

Ok then, no problem. Do you have anything done? Or do i start from the groundup?

• Harzelora

Actually, I didn't start at all. So I'll let you do it. Please. :nod:
                                        I want to make Penny taller by one or two pixels.

Could you show me what you came up with after you're done with the first sprite ?
                                        Thanks !

• Harzelora

I fixed the lighting and it's so much better ! Thanks for pointing it out ! I would have been too lazy to fix it otherwise...

Also, I made it smoother. Is it too smooth or is it fine ? 'Cause I feel like if it's too smooth, it wont fit into the game.
                                          Lighting.png