RELEASED (Work in progress) Characters re-imagined

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Harzelora, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Harzelora

Harzelora Phantasmal Quasar

Don't worry. It's okay to ask. Yee, I'm planning on doing them all.

Aww that's so nice of ya. :love:
    Thx !

• Harzelora

I finally settled on a design for Elliott's portrait. What do you all think ?
      (the ponytail isn't finished yet so don't worry, that weird red area is going to disappear)
      Modèle576.png

I mainly drew inspiration from this sprite :
      Inspi.png

What are your thoughts on it ?
      Do you feel like it varies too much from the Vanilla version ?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
      • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Oh. My . Goodness.
        I don't even like Elliot that much (a bit pretensious, in my opinion), and I've been using Diverse Stardew Valley's portraits of Elliot and others, but MAN! Your Elliot looks just perfect for his character!!!
        Though, Elliot seems to have a more straight nose, the Roman style, and yours looks more like a button nose (though, it is the nose he has on the older version you have used for this portrait!). I think he looks lovely, freaking adorable, your creativity knows no boundaries!

Harzelora and eemie like this.
        • Cemo

Cemo Phantasmal Quasar

I like his face and hair, but personally I'm not really a fan of the 17th century-esque outfit. I know its what he had in earlier versions of his vanilla portrait but it just seems so over the top and out of place.
          What his vanilla outfit is now, the style of it, seems like a better fit (to me) because it's kinda of a more modern version of that type of clothing.
          Like, I could actually see someone casually wearing something like it around town and not do a double take.

Harzelora likes this.
          • eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

This might be a portrait where you're going to have a lot of different opinions about because it changed so much.

Like I said earlier I love his outfit! But for some reason I can't recognize him as Elliot anymore. It's probably because of his hair, it's not Fabioish anymore and that's one of the things I liked about him. Though I do understand the ponytail, it goes with the outfit really well. And his face has aged him 10 years down I think :( I always thought of him and Harvey as the oldest. Not sure why I feel like that, might be the eyes from the beta portrait. And because he has a lack of facial hair anyways haha

Maybe you can look at this mod for a loose hair version?
            http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/738/?

Edit: just wanted to add that this is probably the most creative one you made, next to Abigail :)
            And it's portraits like those that make your skills come through!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
              Harzelora likes this.
            • Harzelora

Thanks ! I tried to stick to his romantic personality as much as I could
              Also, he does mention at one point that his skin is delicate and since I didn't like the fact that both his skin and hair were yellow-ish, I changed it.
              I also curled up his hair since he lives near the beach and stuff... 'Makes sense to me anyway :mwahaha:

You're right ! I changed it so that I'd be more of a roman nose. Thanks for the feedback.
              Also thx for the compliment. It makes me feel confident as an artist. :love:

I think so too, lol. He looked like he came straight outta the 17th century.
              I changed it a bit. It still isn't a very modern outfit but the open white shirt is very romantic. Do you like it better that way ?

Yeah, I really wasn't found of regular Elliott so I went crazy with this portrait :rofl:
              I'll think of an alternate hairstyle. Thanks for the link.
              I knew about this mod and I think the author did a marvelous job at sticking to the original style.

Aww thanks !<3
              You guys are seriously adorable !

Here's the new version I made. I made 2 actually. I tried to listen to what you guys had to say about the portrait.
              In the second one, I tried to make him seem a little bit older and less feminine.
              Which one do you prefer ? I personally prefer the second one :V

Modèle 5 576.png

Cemo and Karmylla like this.
              • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Oh yeah, I am digging the second Elliot! His jaw is wonderful!
                But I agree with Eemi, he still looks a little too young, right? I also pictured Harvey and Elliot as the oldest bachelors.
                And about the nose, I like it very much, but idk, it looks strange? I'm conflicted, because I was the one who talked about it, but the nose doesn't look right, sorry!
                I think the issue is that the nose is small, it should be bigger!
                More like this:
                [​IMG]

or maybe this:

[​IMG]

His nose should be bigger so it can have space for the hook, or else it will look strange in the portrait, I think! But others may not agree, so please say so!

• Harzelora

I gotcha ! How about now ?
                  I was afraid people wouldn't like a bigger nose but since you're asking for it... :nuruwink:
                  I also made the long hair version. I feel like he looks more like regular Elliott that way
                  I think I'll keep the younger looking version as an alternate version. It could be the "Bishōnen Elliott" version

Modèle7 576.png

Edit : I made the alar groove less apparent and made the eyes seem slightly bigger

Modèle8 576.png

Cemo likes this.
                  • Cemo

Cemo Phantasmal Quasar

I like the first one, his eyes seem to stand out more. Not sure why lol
                    And I think the new outfit is a perfect mix of his original style and modern-ness.
                    And about noses, I like the smaller ones.
                    I also think that he's at kind of a hard angle to easily show off a roman nose. His face is only slightly title to the side whereas to display the full shape of a roman nose you have to draw it completely to the side, so in the end it just kinda makes his nose look really wide.

• Harzelora

Which version are you referring to ? It has to be one of these.
                      Modèle576.png Modèle 5 576.png

The eyes stand out more because the eyelashes are longer and the pupils are bigger too. :nuruwink:
                      Since you like it, it means that other people might prefer this one. I'll release it as an alternate version then.

Thanks ! ^o^

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
                        Cemo likes this.
                      • eemie

Yay! Right bottom version is perfect for me! Best nose and best hair!

• Harzelora

I'm glad you like it !
                          Is it Fabio enough for ya ? :poke:

• eemie

Haha yeah I'd give it a Fabio out of 10

• Harzelora

And... I'm done ! Elliott's finished !
                              U liek ?
                              Side by Side 768.png

• eemie

omg yes yes yes

• Harzelora

4th of December news
                                  • I finished working on Caroline's variant portraits and sprites.
                                  • They are all available for download down below ! (Caroline.zip)
                                  (I updated the first page of this thread as well)
                                  Variants384.png

Sprites198.png
                                  DOWNLOAD↴

Attached Files:

Coolwyngs, Karmylla and randomAnon123 like this.
                                  • Cemo

Cemo Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah, I was talking about the left-most one with the button nose.

• Harzelora

I gotcha. There you go !

-
                                      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

DOWNLOAD↴

Attached Files:

• Harzelora

Haley is coming along nicely ! I'm going to simultaneously work on Emily.
                                        Should I keep Emily's color scheme or change it to match Haley more ?

[​IMG]

• Ayriee

Ayriee Starship Captain

I feel that you should stick with Emily's original color scheme. Their personalities are different so it'd make more sense to not have them matching. Love all the portraits you've done so far btw, I can't wait til you finish them all <3

Harzelora likes this.