Purple Star Quality?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by C.Majula, Dec 10, 2016.

1. C.Majula

C.Majula Space Hobo

I haven't been playing this game for long, less than a month. I've kept scrolling through the Wiki page for the game and I can't find a reference to a purple star quality. I went to love my chicken one day and I picked up the egg it dropped. It didn't have a silver or gold star but a purple one.

Has anyone else come across this? And can you tell me what it means, if you know?

Firebird Zoom likes this.
    • Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

That's iridium star level, the best quality a product can have :)

Neosaneo and Firebird Zoom like this.
      • C.Majula

C.Majula Space Hobo

Oh wow thats awesome. I wonder why I haven't read about that in the Wiki page.
        But thank you for knowing what it was! I almost don't want to sell it now lol

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

I'm not sure why you haven't read about it either since it is right on the wiki page.

Iridium star eggs sell for 100. Mayo sells for 190. Just turn it into mayo and sell it. Star quality on eggs are completely irrelevant to profits.

• Baruch_S

Baruch_S Big Damn Hero

To be fair, star quality is irrelevant on most crops and animal products once you get your artisan equipment up and running, although it's even less helpful on eggs and milk since what you really care about there is the size, not the quality.

• nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

It depends on if you took Artisan or Rancher. With Rancher some products are worth more sold raw. There's some comparisons in this thread for Ranchers:
              http://community.playstarbound.com/...oducts-vs-sell-price-of-artisan-goods.126603/

• Ambaaargh

Ambaaargh Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I find it a fun little feature since I play on a farm where my farmer keeps the highest quality items for him and his family. At least until I get 999 of each of them, then I'll prolly start selling the excess too. But considering how few animals I keep and how uncommon it is for the iridium eggs/milk to show up (I've yet to see a purple star milk so I'm not even sure if they come in that yet), I have a lot of time. :rofl:

• C.Majula

C.Majula Space Hobo

I have gotten a purple star milk too, recently. It doesn't happen all the time and I get really excited when it does happen

• Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

I get an 1-2 iridium star quality large eggs from my 5 chickens every few days, is this intended? I kept one for the grange display and sell of the rest, the profit margin isn't worth making them into mayo

• Eikos

Eikos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If you're taking care of them right, sure. The wiki has a whole convoluted explanation about product quality here. Basically, if their mood and friendship is at the right level, there's a better chance for higher quality produce.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016