Change Farm Type

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by KikyoMoon, Dec 31, 2016.

1. KikyoMoon

KikyoMoon Void-Bound Voyager

PLEASE implement a feature that let's us change our type of farm without having to restart or make a new save file. I created the river farm for my first save thinking it sounded cool, but not knowing that it has the least amount of farm land on it. I've put too many hours into this save file to just up and create another one. (If I had to start a new at this point I'd just quit the game altogether)

• Eikos

Eikos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• GreenWombat

GreenWombat Cosmic Narwhal

Being able to switch wouldn't work well which is why it isn't an option. Switching would necessitate destroying just about every single object/crop/building you've placed on the farm meaning basically resetting you to day 1 anyway.

• KikyoMoon

KikyoMoon Void-Bound Voyager

I'd still like that option without "destroying everything". It could be only done at the start of a season or start of the year, once a year or so forth. While keeping current buildings etc intact.

• GreenWombat

GreenWombat Cosmic Narwhal

You can't have the option without "destroying everything." That's the entire point. Even if you do it at the start of the season when crops are gone all buildings, fences, bee hives, fruit trees, lightning poles, chests, fences, and everything else that isn't your house and the greenhouse would HAVE to be destroyed for it to work because the maps are massively different from each other both in appearance and object placement zone locations. On top of that all the trees and debris would either have to be completely removed or reset to full since the game has no way of keeping track of what you've cleared and what you haven't between maps in which case as a feature it would be cheaty if it removed all of them or would be dumping a massive extra workload on you if it reset.

Swapping farms simply can't work as a feature without having to demolish everything. That's just how it is and why it was limited to a beginning choice in the first place.

Roskii Heiral likes this.