Adventurers, What's Your Favourite Monster?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TinySpaceFox, Jan 11, 2017.

1. TinySpaceFox

TinySpaceFox Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think we all already know which monsters are most hated by the Stardew Valley community. That's why I'd like to ask about the flip side: which monster is your favourite?

For me, it would be the Duggy. I have so much fun fighting them. Just run, see them emerge, strike, dodge, repeat. Not to mention, they drop geodes!

Have fun, and feel free to share your opinions :)

(Edit: This was originally going to be a poll, but apparently there's a limit to the number of possible responses you can include...)

• Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

I like the slow-flying bugs, they're by far the least annoying enemies.

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

The dust sprites <3
        They're cute and drop coal. A little on the easy side though, but that's okay.

• mind_at_work

mind_at_work Space Hobo

^ I don't like the duggy, mainly because I can't get the timing right to catch those buggers. But I am trying harder!
          My favorite would have to be the slimes. I get practice on how to corner monsters and get higher hits in using rocks, walls etc. :D

• Jerev

Jerev Pangalactic Porcupine

For me it is the dust sprite too. They are cute and are able to destroy rocks. Not many people know that Stardew Valley has fast past battles with destroyable terrain.

• Obesius

Obesius Big Damn Hero

Those immortal bugs from SC, yeah really love them, it's not like they bug me or anhthing because i can't clear the floor.

• Tigerle

Tigerle Subatomic Cosmonaut

Serpents! Best drop and good looking!
                Because of them i don´t need rabbits and the enchanter´s bundle is a easy thing. I get even a useful amount of fried eel and bombs, which is great for exploring the skull caves!
                In addition to it i don´t have problems to kill them, too. So they are the perfect prey.

ari462 likes this.
                • LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

I'm partial to dust sprites and slimes myself. Both for cuteness and the slimes because you can do so many things with them if you start breeding them. Plus they're practically tameable, if you have the ring.

The rock crabs are cute too - I always feel bad when I've cracked one's shell and it scurries away to hide, shivering. >u<

CyanBlueFarmer likes this.
                  • queertactics

queertactics Subatomic Cosmonaut

I love the dust sprites!! Shaped like a friend.

The cicadas (cave flies? whatever, those things are cicadas) honest to god scare the ever loving HECK out of me. My farmer's the highest level of adventuring! They hardly do any damage!! But every time I hear that buzzing I frEAK OUT WHERE IS IT WHERE'S THE BUG KILL IT KILL IT NOW

On a very related note I am absolutely terrified of the serpent, because I haven't gotten far in the skull mine, and I've been outright killed by serpents like at least two times. I just want to be gay and run a farm. I didn't sign up for this dragon fighting BS. (I am 98% joking I play my fair share of RPGs but jeez man I'm terrified of those serpents).

Catoosie likes this.
                    • Cramped Sultana

Cramped Sultana Big Damn Hero

Dust sprites. I want pet dust sprites. I would love to see them bouncing around my farm, destroying rocks, making those cute little bouncy noises. They are adorable.

• Eikos

Eikos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hmm.. not really sure I have a favourite. Slimes are iconic. Duggies are something I somewhat look forward to just because they're different from other monsters and break up the monotony by providing somewhat of a challenge to deal with. Somewhat. Relatively speaking, that is.

I've spent most of my time in the gold section of the mines where the Shadow Brutes and Shamans are so I'm somewhat fond of them. To Shamans, I have an annoyed type of fondness though.

• Dwarfus

Dwarfus Big Damn Hero

I love the Duggies, Dust Sprites, and Serpents because I love to exploit their loot. Free coal, geodes, earth crystals, spicy eel plates, and bombs! Serpents are only a problem for me when they swarm. That's when I usually nope the heck out of there and just make a ladder. I also think that Shadow Brutes and Void Spirits are really cool, but I hate having to kill them. I felt my heart break when Krobus apologized for their behavior, talked about bad experiences with humans, and asked if I hurt any of his friends.

ChaosAzeroth likes this.
                          • musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

I think the dust sprites for me. They make an adorable sound, their coal drop is extremely useful, and I love the idea of them bouncing around my farm, having a competition with my jumino-cat to see who's more adorable!

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
                            • ChaosAzeroth

ChaosAzeroth Existential Complex

Shadow buddies! <3

• LuthienNightwolf

I feel like this would be adorable but also detrimental to your crops - they eat through rocks, just imagine the damage they'd do to that field of prized pumpkins! lol

(I do kinda wish we could keep dust sprites as pets though.)

• grobe

grobe Void-Bound Voyager

For those who like the dust-sprites (that includes me), if you don't know where they came from, watch 'Spirited Away' sometime.

• Eikos

Eikos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Actually, the dust spirits were present in My Neighbor Totoro which predates Spirited Away, both by Studio Ghibli.
                                    [​IMG]

Minimanta and LuthienNightwolf like this.
                                    • LuthienNightwolf

^ Nostalgia for this movie is actually *why* I like the dust sprites. :)

Gotta be the original Totoro though, not that watered down Disney version. :p

Eikos likes this.
                                      • Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

Oh my god, I knew I had seen them before. I absolutely love that movie <3
                                        It's been so long since I watched it. Too long. Still know the song though *hums it*

Eikos and LuthienNightwolf like this.
                                        • musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

I knew they came from Spirited Away, didn't know about My neighbor Totoro (haven't seen that one)

Kind of curious if some of the other critters are based off of movies too. Slimes and bats, probably not, but everything else might have a reference to a game or movie...