RELEASED StackSplitX - Item stack splitting

Discussion in 'User Interface' started by TheCatMan, Dec 24, 2016.

1. TheCatMan

TheCatMan Void-Bound Voyager

Download this mod from Nexus Mods.

This mod lets you split stacks/buy items in a custom amount by overriding the default Shift+Right-Click behaviour.

[​IMG]

Usage
    To open the split menu simply Shift+Right-Click an item. You can then enter the desired number of items to pick up, buy, sell, move etc.

When the split menu is open you can do most common text navigation and manipulation operations:
    • Backspace to delete a character left of the caret (or all text if it's highlighted).
    • Delete to delete a character right of the caret (or all text if it's highlighted).
    • Left/Right Arrow to move the caret left and right.
    • Home to move the caret to the beginning of the text.
    • End to move the caret to the end of the text.
    • Ctrl+A to highlight all the text.
    To submit the number simply press Enter or click the OK button.

While the split menu is open you can click anywhere else to 'cancel' the operation, causing the default shift+right-click behaviour to be used.

Compatible menus
    This mod should work for all menus that it would be useful for, though it's possible I missed some so if that's the case please let me know.
    Currently works with:
    • Player inventory
    • Crafting menu (from inventory as well as cooking)
    • Shop menus (buying and selling)
    • Item grab menus (chests, shipping bin)
    • Junimo Note Menus (Community center bundles)

Requirements
    This mod works with the most recent version of Stardew Valley (last tested with 1.1).
    This mod requires SMAPI 1.4 or higher to run.
    For instructions on installing SMAPI view this help page.

Installation
    1. Download the latest release here.
    2. Unzip the contents into your Mods folder which is located in the same directory as your Stardew Valley.exe and StardewValleyModdingAPI.exe.
    For more information on installing and using mods see this page.

To uninstall this mod you can simply delete the "StackSplitX" folder from your Mods directory.

You can view the source for this mod here.
    Nexus mods page.

Last edited: May 8, 2017
      xsamplek77, Exiom and alumie711 like this.
    • lapetitevalerie

lapetitevalerie Orbital Explorer

It's so useful, this mod missed me so much !!
      Thanks <3

TheCatMan likes this.
      • Exiom

Exiom Void-Bound Voyager

You sir are a legend, may the immersion be with you :cool: .

TheCatMan likes this.
        • HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

Hey, I love your mod, but I think I'm doing something wrong. For some reason when I Shift+Right Click in the cheats menu it grabs 999, then when I do it in a store it grabs 5, then when grabbing items from a chest it grabs all that are available. No split menu appears. Not sure what would be causing this error or how I can fix it.

• TheCatMan

That is strange, I just tried it out with the cheat menu installed and everything seems to work normally. Could you post your error log? You can find it via http://canimod.com/guides/smapi-faq#where-is-my-error-log. You can just attach it to your reply or copy & paste the contents somewhere like pastebin.

• HopeWasHere

Here it is, but I didn't see any errors pertaining to this mod any of the times I booted it up. So I don't know how helpful it will be...

Attached Files:

• TheCatMan

Are you able to reproduce the issue then post your error log from that play session when the issue occurred again? I'm testing it with the Shop Expander mod right now and I'm noticing some strange behavior, but not to the degree where it's not working at all.

Edit: The strange behavior is due to Shop Expander adding stacks of 10 to the shop, and StackSplitX buys the amount entered multiplied by the stack amount, so in this case it's multiplied by 10. This is probably not desired, but it's also how the crafting menu works with it. I can probably change it for the shop though as it probably doesn't matter if you don't adhere to the size of the stack in the shop.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
                • TheCatMan

Can you also upload a screenshot of your Mods folder? Or give me a list of all the mods your using?

• HopeWasHere

Sorry it took me a bit. Thanks again for looking over this for me :)

Attached Files:

• TheCatMan

Actually it might be easiest for me to replicate it if you zip up your mods folder and upload it. Then I can try it out with your exact setup.

• HopeWasHere

That probably would be easier, here you go

Attached Files:

• TheCatMan

Hmm I'm not able to reproduce the issue even with your mods. If you run into the issue again, exit the game immediately and upload your log file here. You can also try updating your mods as a lot of them are out of date.

• HopeWasHere

Alright, I'll give it a try. Thanks again

TheCatMan likes this.
                            • HopeWasHere

So I haven't updated anything yet, just wanted to give it another go. Started up a new game and the same thing happened. Here's the error log, but I don't think it's much different than before.
                              I'll start updating the mods now and see if that's the problem

Edit: Quick question, how can you tell which mods are outdated? I can't seem to see it anywhere...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
                              • TheCatMan

You can generally tell because there will be warnings or errors regarding them in the logs. Other than that you just have to periodically check where you downloaded the mods from to see if there's a new version.

• TheCatMan

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
                                • TheCatMan

Updated to be compatible with SMAPI 2.0.

• CarlosRojas

CarlosRojas Void-Bound Voyager

It is not working for version 1.5, it does not divide correctly ... and sometimes it duplicates resources.
                                    Here I leave a video that someone created about that error ... (I hope nothing happens by leaving the video here)

Hope a solution is found soon ...

• fantuanmei

fantuanmei Void-Bound Voyager

1游戏1.5版本用不了。弹窗错误。

1 version 1.5 of the game is not available. The pop-up window is wrong.

无法使用。

[StackSplitX] This mod failed in the Input.ButtonPressed event. Technical details:
                                      System.NullReferenceException: 未将对象引用设置到对象的实例。
                                      在 StackSplitX.MenuHandlers.InventoryHandler.SplitSelectedItem(Int32 stackAmount) 位置 C:\SDV_Modding\ModUpdates\StackSplitX\StackSplitX\MenuHandlers\ItemGrabMenuHandler.cs:行号 153
                                      在 StackSplitX.MenuHandlers.InventoryHandler.CancelSplit() 位置 C:\SDV_Modding\ModUpdates\StackSplitX\StackSplitX\MenuHandlers\ItemGrabMenuHandler.cs:行号 161
                                      在 StackSplitX.MenuHandlers.BaseMenuHandler`1.CancelMove() 位置 C:\SDV_Modding\ModUpdates\StackSplitX\StackSplitX\MenuHandlers\CraftingMenuHandler.cs:行号 56
                                      在 StackSplitX.MenuHandlers.GameMenuHandler.CancelMove() 位置 C:\SDV_Modding\ModUpdates\StackSplitX\StackSplitX\MenuHandlers\GameMenuHandlers\GameMenuPageHandler.cs:行号 16
                                      在 StackSplitX.MenuHandlers.BaseMenuHandler`1.HandleInput(SButton button) 位置 C:\SDV_Modding\ModUpdates\StackSplitX\StackSplitX\MenuHandlers\BaseMenuHandler.cs:行号 227
                                      在 StackSplitX.StackSplitX.OnButtonPressed(Object sender, ButtonPressedEventArgs e) 位置 C:\SDV_Modding\ModUpdates\StackSplitX\StackSplitX\MenuHandlers\BaseMenuHandler.cs:行号 31
                                      在 StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Events.ManagedEvent`1.Raise(TEventArgs args, Func`2 match) 位置 C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\Events\ManagedEvent.cs:行号 125
                                      [StackSplitX] This mod failed in the Input.ButtonPressed event. Technical details:
                                      在 StackSplitX.MenuHandlers.InventoryHandler.SplitSelectedItem(Int32 stackAmount) 位置 C:\SDV_Modding\ModUpdates\StackSplitX\StackSplitX\MenuHandlers\ItemGrabMenuHandler.cs:行号 153
                                      在 StackSplitX.MenuHandlers.InventoryHandler.CancelSplit() 位置 C:\SDV_Modding\ModUpdates\StackSplitX\StackSplitX\MenuHandlers\ItemGrabMenuHandler.cs:行号 161
                                      在 StackSplitX.MenuHandlers.BaseMenuHandler`1.CancelMove() 位置 C:\SDV_Modding\ModUpdates\StackSplitX\StackSplitX\MenuHandlers\CraftingMenuHandler.cs:行号 56
                                      在 StackSplitX.MenuHandlers.GameMenuHandler.CancelMove() 位置 C:\SDV_Modding\ModUpdates\StackSplitX\StackSplitX\MenuHandlers\GameMenuHandlers\GameMenuPageHandler.cs:行号 16
                                      在 StackSplitX.MenuHandlers.BaseMenuHandler`1.HandleInput(SButton button) 位置 C:\SDV_Modding\ModUpdates\StackSplitX\StackSplitX\MenuHandlers\BaseMenuHandler.cs:行号 227
                                      在 StackSplitX.StackSplitX.OnButtonPressed(Object sender, ButtonPressedEventArgs e) 位置 C:\SDV_Modding\ModUpdates\StackSplitX\StackSplitX\MenuHandlers\BaseMenuHandler.cs:行号 31
                                      在 StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Events.ManagedEvent`1.Raise(TEventArgs args, Func`2 match) 位置 C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\Events\ManagedEvent.cs:行号 125

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2021